Why no rewards for losing PVP matches is bad

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Circe, Apr 21, 2013.

1. El El Committed Player

I spell "dum" because i thought of the profanity thing.
    You add no value to ur post either.
  2. Octantis New Player

Sorry, not going to read through 5 pages of PvPers mud slinging, so I apologize if this was said:

If the ranked match making does its job, you should find yourself winning 50% of the time. There's no need to worry about getting rewards for losing because at a 50 / 50 win rate your chances are pretty good. If you find yourself in a losing streak, it just means you'll fight easier and easier people eventually.

That is if the matchmaking works as intended.
  3. Circe New Player

We'll see what happens when the game is up, but I'm positive a lot of people are not going to like the "lose, no rewards" policy.
  4. Circe New Player

Yeah, I'm done with PVP. Might still do Legends though.
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

This was my thought. Never gotten marks for failing PvE. Why should you get them for failing PvP?
    • Like x 1
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I have defently seen this...... like you I have never stood and not done anything but i have been in several matches were the person I was paired with did and I can top that I have been in matches were would have easly won if the person would have just stood on the node. I'll give you a example. go into bat cave Im huntress partner was robin. match starts I run to node start fighting. The robin my partner goes in stealth and stands on the corner of the platform just watching me fight our opisition and snickering. I kill both, one comes back I kill him again and get killed by his partner coming back. I respawn and go back to middle and kill both of them again kill the one that comes back and get killed by the second one coming back again. all this time I can hear my partner on mic but he wont respond to me asking him to at least just stand on the node he just laughs harder. this continues over and over until I lost match by around 100 points. Match would have been easly won even if my partner had never used a single attack and just stood on the node. so in closing some people in this game are douches and yes they will just stand there to get their points
  7. PurpCity New Player

I don't see the problem. I won 3 in a row and ended up getting curbed stomped by One Pieced in a 5v5.

No clue if they are considered a top tier pvp league at the moment but there were familiar names in the group and regardless of losing, seeing that I personally stood on more equal footing when fighting them was reward enough for me to keep queuing up.
    • Like x 1
  8. thelostczarnian New Player

The players that will quit PvP are the players that we don't need
    • Like x 2
  9. Circe New Player

We saw this coming, but in Legends I'm already seeing more people leave the match completely than before.
  10. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I really don't see how people leaving is bad. Rather have them leave than have them sit in a corner waiting to lose.

I just qued into a 2v2 Inner earlier for my first match today, my partner was losing because his last partner left the Arena, I came in and we ended up winning it.

I didn't say that to brag, just an example of why them leaving is better, i'm sure the guy I helped win was happy he got someone who would try instead of the previous partner.
  11. retched Well-Known Player

But you still marks for partial successes. I love how everyone says "you don't get marks for failing in PVE" when in fact you do. You play FOS 1, you beat the first boss. You get marks of Triumph/Krypton.

You fight your way through the trenches and you get up to boss 2. You beat him. You get marks. You continue on until Braniac and Krypto when all of a sudden your team has gone to crap and somehow you don't finish off Boss 3 (or 4). Your team calls it.

Guess what? You still got marks for fighting your way through the game and still move a little bit closer to getting what you want to get. (Be it gear, marks, etc.)

And don't say this game can't incorporate something similar because it can.

Take another game for example. APB Reloaded (pure PVP shooter) instituted a position of giving each player a score during a match. The higher a score, the more you win. If you do not assist with anything, that's no assists, no captures, no kills, no kill assist, no damage, nothing... you get zero. You get tossed or quit a match (by logging off), you get zero.

This is something that if DCUO and its community doesn't want to reward participation, this is what should be done.
  12. supah koopa Well-Known Player

If I go to work and do nothing I still get paid
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

If you beat a boss, you've won a section of the instance and can progress to the next. There are no sections in PvP, and the matches are significantly shorter.
  14. retched Well-Known Player

Then with that mentality, why award marks for completing a portion of a longer raid?
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

That is the mentality. There are no real stages to PvP matches. You either win or lose the match. You can win stages of PvE instances and get partial rewards, but miss out on the final rewards (e.g., 131 weapons or Codeces in the Ops). Also, as I said, PvP matches are super short. You can run a bunch of them in the time it takes to run a single raid. If you're losing, the ranking system should adjust your ranking, so that you are matched to players of your skill level. Theoretically, you should eventually be winning ~50% of your matches. I'll also point out that there is no such system in PvE. The content doesn't get easier, if you fail at it.
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

Until your boss gets wise to it and fires your lazy butt.
  17. retched Well-Known Player

Super short? I've fought in Raids and alerts that end faster than some of these PVP matches that are long and drawn out. And if the ranking system is adjusting my rating, it's doing a bad job of doing so if I'm still being placed against the same people in consecutive matches.
  18. Magnificent Loyal Player

I've got no problem with the change because earning Marks is so insanely quick now. Even without using Replay badges someone could get all of their T1 (the new stuff) in just two days (optimally) if they really applied themselves. With the new matchmaking system in full effect, there's no excuse why anyone but the absolute worst of the worst can't make decent headway on gear in just a week of casual PVP'ing.

What makes this even better is that when someone quits out of a lair match now, they get nothing and I get the win :)
  19. thenewkidd New Player

Sorry, i agree with the OP... but one important thing left out.

Why stay and complete a PVP match if you have no chance of winning.. You might as well leave if you are going to lose, that way you can at least q up for something else and you don't waste your time. Then someone else comes in just to be the replacement to a team that is destined to lose.

I have in the few days of playing realized that when someone dies a few times they leave... that hurts the team as a whole... why spend the time in something you aren't going to get anything at in the end.

So they are either trying to FORCE people to group up before a pvp match or just making losers feel worse because no one wants to stay to the end (I know I don't.)
    • Like x 1
  20. cravex15 Dedicated Player

To all being sarcastic about getting awarded something for losing.....YES everyone should be awarded something if one loses. If you dont get any kind of marks then you cant get new gear to get better. You just keep losing and losing and you get nothing for at least trying then you never get better gear. It is a bad idea guys when you look at that way. It will turn everyone and new players to the game completely off to PVP. PVP is now going to soon fade out into nothingness.
    • Like x 2