What is your most embarrassing memory in DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mepps, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What is your most embarrassing memory in DCUO? When have you really messed up or let the group down?
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

This is gonna be an interesting thread for sure ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Most embarrassing would be everytime I go to drop a Supply Drop for a drained Troll or Healer (who needs it badly) only to find me dropping a worthless two baller because I forgot to renew my mainframe. Epic fail.
    • Like x 22
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I guess when I found out what happens when you hit "T". I accidentally went troll typing when I first started the game. Didn't know how to go back and forth until I was doing a classic bounty with an Ice Tank mentioning what the roles were and how they worked and how to swap.
    • Like x 2
  5. Batmatt Active Player

I remember running the cape carmine duo as a noob fire toon. I was using tank gear while dpsing cause i had no idea what tanking was, i bought tank gear cause i noticed that it made my dominance higher, had no idea what dom was either. I got chewed out by my partner, so I made it a point to learn about tanking after that duo.
    • Like x 3
  6. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

As a healer who uses Brawling weapons... I tend to like to lunge at bosses.

The other one is not knowing what a support roll is, while queuing up for it. I started as a HL Toon queue into as a Troll and ran in DPS gear the entire time. Not knowing what a roll was, it wasn't until i got into my league it was explained.
    • Like x 1
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Last week I had finished trolling Oly & GoM, and then decided to step into a duo immediately. Started doing my Quantum DPS rotation only to realize I was still in Troll stance with Troll gear and Troll loadout. Not my finest moment.
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I don't make mistakes.

I'm SUPER GREAT!
    • Like x 2
  9. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Going from hard light to a 1,2,3,4 power and try to use combos only to find out that you changed away from a combo power:p
    • Like x 4
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Running Paradox Wave back in the day, attempting Epic Odyssey feat.

Paradox Warrior, Paradox Oppressor, Paradox Ravager and Paradox Tyrant down.

Paradox Sentry down to 2% health.

Entire group wipes all of a sudden (various people were too close to Sentry).

-___-
    • Like x 4
  11. The Drama Club Level 30

My very first Outer Caverns raid ever, back in 2010. I joined the group as a DPS but was wearing a mixture of DPS and troll gear, and my gadgets DPS output was so awful. I knew it was awful, and they were discussing it in chat. They suggested I switch to troll and have one of the trolls switch to DPS. Problem was, I didn't have proper gear and had no idea how to play the role. They asked me to leave because I wasn't cutting it and we were failing on the ARC. So I left, full of shame and embarrassment. lol
    • Like x 2
  12. r0kX1n9O4quzdJi Well-Known Player

Queuing for FoSII and at Jor El fight throwing one of the crystals accidentaly,crystal end falling and messing up the fight,so a 4 minute fight end being a 12 minute fight :|
    • Like x 1
  13. Korvyne Committed Player

Tanking "black dawn" for the first time at level back in T4 I wasn't too experienced but had muddled my way through to tala. We tried it once but I didn't take the clown away and no one was into explaining it but they were very interested in calling me out as a terrible Tank, noob etc and asked me to drop group. I ran out the portal pretty annoyed, but still in the group. I was so flustered and embarrassed I forgot how to leave group, all the time my now X team mates saying "LEAVE THEN"
    Ended up I switched my pc off to get out group and left the game alone for a couple days.
    • Like x 4
  14. Thomas Wayne jr Active Player

Year one I just joined a league and was trying to earn my keep. They never asked me to do anything with them because I was a stranger. I ran the vault and got my Batman boxes. I stripped down except for the boxes and was admiring my self when they nija invited me to troll Khan. Not wanting to disappoint I hit ok right away and ran to the first boss in my boxers with everyone laughing at me. This was long before armories.
    • Like x 4
  15. Swamarian Committed Player

Way back when Hand of Fate (I think) was released, I saw a group fighting Tala in Gotham. I figured that I'd be nice, and throw down a Circle of Protection to help them. Unfortunately, I was in DPS mode, and around C60ish. The adds chased me for 3 blocks before returning to the main fight.
    • Like x 5
  16. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I had just turned level 30 (edit: like in 2011) and wanted to run an alert, so I queued into HIVE Moon Base. Someone saw my guardian and told me to go healer.

me: /shurg "Sure"

hit T and continued to play like I normally did. With no idea what I was actually doing. I don't think I had a single heal on my loadout. (edit 2: other than Watcher)

At the end of the alert the person who told me to go healer said I was the worst healer they ever played with (probably added me to ignore) and left the instance.

Although it did cause me to actually research my role and learn what to do. I've been grateful to that person every since and wish I could remember their name to thank them.
    • Like x 3
  17. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Hitting X to download this game. Took like a day to download so I had to tell my friends "yea I'll make a toon tomorrow".
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

i sent over a year red stacks of exobytes to my alt via mail until i found out that the alts name on my friendslist wasnt my alts name.
    • Like x 5
  19. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Entering an elite raid without renewing my white mods.

Making a super ugly style for 1 day and now that style is stuck on wavedox and has been torturing me for 2 years.

Losing 1000-0 with HL in PvP and I don't understand how (like 2 years ago).
    • Like x 5
  20. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

LOL.
    • Like x 2