What is your most embarrassing memory in DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mepps, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Nodens Dedicated Player

Trying to help a friend by giving him the keycode to an SOE game card so that he could buy the latest DLC and become premium. -except that I accidentaslly typed out the code in the shout channel, instead of group chat. Gotham city was ringing with the sound of hundreds of players laughing, and some jerk used it before my friend could. =(
    • Like x 2
  2. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

When I was still very new (had maybe been playing for a month), I convinced my brother to download the game and play with me. I was already much stronger than when I started and I could help him catch up. Neither of us had ever played an MMO in our lives, nor did we even know what MMO stood for. But after a while of playing after we were both level 30 and we were ready to get the "AWESOME" gear from the vendors, we had just started learning that we could switch roles and that my brother's role was controller, and that it was his job to give power in that role. I was also a controller power type, but we decided it would be best for me to DPS, while he controlled.

When we started getting our "beast" T1 gear, my brother asked me (you know, the more experienced one) which type of gear to get, because he saw there were two types. I confidently informed my brother that the green meant good, and the red meant bad, so it just made more sense to get the gear that was all green, instead of only a couple of stats being green and some being red (like on the troller gear).

My brother and I were satisfied with my decision until our first raid attempt in kandaq. The other troller was VERY UPSET with my brother and called him many names including a "****** troller". I kicked the guy to defend my brother, causing the rest of the group to fall apart.

This made me want to do some research, only to find out that I had been leading him wrong all this time, and that we would have to start the gear chase all over again to get him the gear he really needed.

I was incredibly embarrassed and apologized to my brother thoroughly. But in the end, he decided to just make a new character and be a healer Instead lol.
    • Like x 1
  3. Perdition Committed Player

the moment i needed to Orbital Strike the boss and it casted on myself because i was not in range of the boss LOL.
    • Like x 3
  4. Perdition Committed Player

This had me in stitches man! LOVE IT !! x'D
    • Like x 1
  5. muellersascha Well-Known Player

Being a 190 toon and still getting decimated by the punisher shade in UT WHILE holding block. So much for fortified blocking :D The worst part is....I know better than to just stand there.
    • Like x 2
  6. gemii Dedicated Player

getting overkilled in the watchtower lol
  7. Craven Green Loyal Player

Got picked up in SM round 12 and hit P O T before hitting X. Solo troll no other troll powers caused wipe on pet round. I was not very popular for a few days.
    • Like x 1
  8. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

I once woke up in a friend's bed in their lair, not knowing what had happened the night before. I had a massive hangover and figured the worst. Needless to say I quickly put my superhero outfit on, made my excuses then sheepishly teleported out of the lair.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

LOL thats pretty funny, well done.
  10. WarriorOfScotland Active Player

Walking into Khandaq as a fresh level 30, wearing sub level 30 gear. This was before cr was a thing, so I'm not sure what it would have been.
    This was also before mods, when full t2 gear & a 97.1dps weapon made you a BEAST.
    After dying many, many times, I figured out it was meant for 8 people.
    • Like x 2
  11. TrueColors Well-Known Player

A long long long time ago, when I first started playing, this was my first MMO, and had no idea of what rolls meant. I had my ice toon and in my mind I "controlled" ice. I didn't know that Ice was for tanking and it took a bit to understand that. Thankfully, it was when the game launched and people back then were nicer and took the time to talk and teach/train.
  12. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Testing to see if we like questions before they sell them in time capsules.
  13. Korvyne Committed Player

It was then, im not entirely terrible now and have a little harder shell when things do go wrong. ;p
    • Like x 2
  14. SheerFaith Committed Player

catching my self spending money on stabilizers..
    • Like x 1
  15. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Yeah exit the circles radius even if you're a tank.
  16. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Cycling all the lanterns in the last fight in Coast City...multiple times...while failing to notice my teammates begging me in chat to stop. I apologized many times. They were pretty cool about it, and I learned not to cycle things if I don't know what they do. (I was new, it was my first time in the alert, and I thought I was helping!)
  17. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

I walked into Blackest Night and I kept dying during the Nekron phase. From that moment on, I told myself not to go to a top tier raid without at least 150 SP/gear/raid knowledge. :(
  18. C3alix Committed Player

Getting catfished.

Twice.

By the same person.

In one year.
  19. akaivy Dedicated Player

Accidently putting down my portable research station while in an instance. And falling asleep while healing Arkham Asylum.
  20. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

haha same as I did with batcave outer :D
    • Like x 1