What is your most embarrassing memory in DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mepps, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Getting kicked out of FOS 1 in 2012 after bragging about how solid I was as a tank. Noob days were glorious.
    • Like x 3
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Rage crashing after a duel even if I won. I rage crashed in front of everyone after winning a duel lol and I got knocked out.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

This happened in 2013 when I was new to DCUO and first started playing, I picked Fire(A lot of people did this as well when they started out) Picked Staff, and dressed up my Villain toon like Gambit.

AM's and WM wasn't a thing back then. I didn't know what PI's were, I didn't know what a rotation was. I was simply fighting the Brainiac Robots using my Staff Combos. I had a League-mate help me out through the mission, and he basically told me what PI's were, how to do a rotation and etc.

So I was a Noob Back then, My most embarassing moment was dying on the "Gotham Star Labs" level 30 mission, I beat every-other part of it; but the Robot Joker was a challenge for me.

I kept Dying, and Dying and I got frustrated.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

No I don't question my own awesomeness or my own perception. Doing so would be an error and I don't make errors.
    • Like x 1
  5. Helderman Dedicated Player

Attacking lag ghosts during the War of the Light operations
  6. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  7. Controller Devoted Player

No.

You're ANOTHER level of Super Great.

[IMG]

You deserve a truck.
    • Like x 3
  8. Controller Devoted Player

To answer the thread - too many to name, especially as I started learning my role.

The more notable ones for me are when I step away from the keyboard for something and I come back a few minutes later and find out that my youngest son has typed in "/dance" on my toon and I return to find my toon in this state.

Even worse is when he does this and I'm on the watchtower surrounded by other players. He gets a kick out of this.
    • Like x 2
  9. DrakoTheGhoul Active Player

Don't exactly remember the year(early or late 2013 maybe) but i bought the full Avatar B PvP gear set then i decided to delete all of my T3 gear im op so i then proceeded to FOS2 well lets just say i was wrong .
    • Like x 3
  10. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Singing some random bull$&@ on mic thinking it was off and I was on league channel.

It was on.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Not according to Jack, Your whole perception is a mistake :p
    *hides*
  12. Proxystar #Perception

No he never said it was a mistake. He apologised for my perception, acknowledging he had a different one.

If anything he was admitting he was wrong because even though he has a different perception we all know mine is the correct one ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Controller Devoted Player

Was it the Question's song?

• Like x 1
  14. Saami Loyal Player

Whats with all these questions by Mepps lately?
    Aliens abducted him and trying to learn about human behavior?
    • Like x 1
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

He's reaching out to the community. He wants to become our friend...by making us talk about our humiliating and embarrassing moments in front of thousands of total strangers. That's what real friends do.
    • Like x 8
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Man that was pretty funny. Why can't you like your own comment?!
    • Like x 2
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

Some random had given me some advice when i was a new player so i was wearing half troll gear and half dps gear as a HL dps and my mods were half troll half dps too. My sp was all jacked up also. Was running content like that for about a month at t3 t4. This was before the OC dlc went live. And i finally joined a league and and was asked about my gear nstuff. I told em all and they were all laughing pretty hard. It was in good fun tho. Cause they knew i was a new player and got some bad advice. Needless to say i double check everything now if some random tells me something ;)

I also didnt know u could change your style when i was new. So whenever i got new gear and equipped it my style would change and i thought it was stuck that way. Funny part is i would go to the style tab and change the colors but didnt notice i could change the style. Derp.

1 story i heard was about a person trolling khandaq and the group yelling at em to throw pot so he said he found a pot like object and threw it against a wall lol. Always thought that was hilarious. And i dont think the person that happened to posts/plays anymore so thought id post it.

And lastly i was embarrassed for this person. It was our league leader like 3yrs ago or so and his mic was stuck open on teamspeak. He was clearly watching an adult movie. We could all hear it. Oddly enough we were running a raid too lol He didnt come back on TS for about a week after that lol.
    • Like x 3
  18. Brother Allen Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  19. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

This game was less than 24 hours old off the shelves when I excitedly inserted my shiny new DCUO disc into my 60gb Fat Piano Black state of the art PS3...and I played and played and played. Then the Origin Crisis DLC was released ("DLC" means 'downloadable content', for the newbies that only know of 'episodes' lol)

And thus began the grueling hours on end attempts to beat what remained the hardest raid in the game for a very long time...

And THIS is where, in utter face-palming embarrassment; I was nicely informed that I didn't have to mash one button over and over to repair my gear quickly. Just press triangle once, and it ALL gets repaired. One shot.

The players in the group could hear the smack of my palm against my forehead. My league STILL won't let me live that down.
    • Like x 1
  20. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Lol that sucks