what do you want for PvP Season 4?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Sage-Rapha, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

The first sentence of your post is in your usual passive/aggressive tone, and I shall choose to ignore it.

I'm fully aware of where Clutch and Venge reside, as I am in the UK too you see, so I understand full well how the latency can effect things between servers, as I play on both EUPC and USPC servers.
    Which was really my point, it would have made more sense, seeing as you boys are trying to prove Patriot wrong, to conduct your test in a more stable environment.
    Of course, the other difference is, Patriots was made in the open world, Clutches in an arena. Even things like the map size can add latency to the proceedings.

I have no horse in this race, I'm simply stating that the videos really weren't like-for-like.

Carry on.
    • Like x 2
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Do you want me to download a program that will display on screen buttons so you can see that as well just so you can see there's no delay in blocking?
  3. MrWon Committed Player

Im my experience with shield WM, I never was able to fit 2H WM in the immunity. The only way it could fit was when it lagged/delayed or my opponent didn't block it in time. The whole tap melee quicker while looking away, (even if it does work), is most likely a bug.
  4. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Willing to bet that the new changes in regards to Light, Nature and Electricity will make it's way to PvP even though they are all meant as PvE changes.
  5. MrWon Committed Player

Turn away from your opponent with the first two taps after the lunge, they go off faster, then you can fit the WM combo in. Regardless if it's a bug or not, it makes it fit in safely. Which is what the whole debate is about.[/quote]

So Clutch's video only worked because of an exploit, but if it was fixed, then Superpatriot's video is right. Well then, how about we go report this and everyone drop this debate. I love reading player's ideas on how to improve tne game, and I'm sure you and a lot of other players do too. Let's not become party poopers and ruin this thread over one WM. There are way more, much more overpowered things in PvP than this.

PS: dang ps4 keyboard screwed me up, sorry about that!
    • Like x 1
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Eh, electricity changes are needed. The devs never took into account risk/reward when adjusting DoTs (another point of our feedback that's been ignored since shortly after season 3 started for those keeping up with the conversation) so it's pretty much been in the crapper since day 1.
    • Like x 2
  7. Absolix Loyal Player

Let's get this straight, Enquirer and Sabigya are very good at knowing PvP and have showed that they can admit when they are wrong.

There was a time when Enquirer said he might like PI consumables back in PvP. Talve said this would boost Electric and Sorcery healing to the point that PI consumables would be an unspoken requirement in any competitive environment and explained the reasoning as to why. Enquirer saw the logic in that reasoning and admitted he was wrong.

They aren't snobs. They will admit they are wrong, but you have to convince them with the reasoning behind a claim. You can't just make a claim, say I'm not wrong, and expect to be convince them, or anyone for that matter.

Even if it didn't fit into counter immunity, and remember it does, any combo shouldn't take off so much of one person's health. There are combos that don't fit into counter immunity that hit about that hard, and they aren't balanced either, aka Smoke Bomb, Handspring kick, 8 tap Dual Flurry and more.

At most something hard hitting should only be taking off a third of a players health, and only that much because healers exist in arenas. In arenas you can't vary burn like legends since legends can also vary survivability to great lengths, but in arenas survivability varies very little as all players have access to the same health and toughness. So, arenas need to have a very consistent burn amongst powersets and weapons.

Of course healer imbalance will start to be felt more with HoT stacking changing in GU50. Please let GU51 be PvP.
  8. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

We don't know if it's an exploit or not. I'd be happy to find out it is, but the point remains the same that it still works currently, which unless you've got a time travel machine is when this conversation is taking place.

PS if you do have a time machine can I borrow it for science? :p
    • Like x 2
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Can we also not forget that one time Batman had a broken counter mechanic and the subsequent bug report and video of mine that got it fixed only existed because someone gave some more details that had proven me wrong?

Just for a little DCUO history here the issue was a while ago that Batman could clip his block breaker immediately and still be able to block break someone without opening a counter window himself.
    • Like x 1
  10. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

Speeding up the animation of a heavy-hitting attack, to make it "safe", when it would ordinarily be vulnerable to block (which would justify it being a heavy-hitter) sounds like a bug to me.

So, with you guys wanting PvP bug-free and fair, I assume you PMed a dev with news of this bug as soon as you discovered it right?

...Right?
    • Like x 2
  11. MrWon Committed Player

Let us all hope that new PvP season really does balance out everything. I think most of our problems would be solved or we would all feel better, if we had 1 or 2 Devs responding in the PvP threads daily, like how they do it in the main gameplay section of the forum.

PS:hahaha, if I did have a time machine, I would go back in time and stop myself from spending so much money. The game's PvP and PvE(mark's reward base on CR) is so bad, I only log in once every 3-4 days and do like 2 pvp matches and 1 alert. I regret my decisions so much now :(
  12. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

What are we debating, how to make unsafe damage safe? Talk about a discrete, competitive edge. FOTM powers are an elephant in the room, this is definitely someone having either too much time or too much ambition.
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'm currently typing up a bug report and giving repro steps as I've been out at work all day and want an actually nice post for the devs. Granted at the time of writing your last thread was created back in April so I highly doubt you have made a thread regarding this either. Better yet since Superpatriot is on the community round table and hosts numerous events with the devs (FNL primarily) he can easily bring it to their attention to ensure it is fixed.

Be glad PvP marks aren't still on loot lock for replay badges :p

The debate was whether or not the attack could fit inside a counter immunity window. It does. What's so complex about this?
    • Like x 3
  14. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Arenas even MORE like Legends? No, I don't think things would be better at all. I think PvP would truly die then.
    • Like x 1
  15. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

Nothing complex at all. It's clearly not intended to fit within the window and someone found a way to make it work. More or less, found a way to get over on the combat system.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I don't see how not allowing one attack to wipe out ~80% of someone's health would make the game more like Legends.
    • Like x 3
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Am's being added to arena, modable gear, roles, weapon mastery. Yea, seems like legends to me.

The taps have been this way for close to 3 years, even prior to weapon mastery being added in. It's one of the things Clutch actually brought up with them but they didn't listen. Hell, I'm only typing up a bug report now because some people consider it an exploit and clarification would be nice if we could get that.
  18. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

I've always wondered about those players that would turn away mid combo and try and come back in with a big hit. Now I know, cheap tactics.
  19. MrWon Committed Player

Shazam at the moment is like a Ice Tank from the old days...of course it's the Devs fault for not listening to the feedbacks.
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Either Shazam or Bizarro there actually. Ice tanks were basically a combination of the two. At least Shazam's survivability isn't on par with that of prenerf Circe's survivability. Though in comparison I wish they had given Shazam the longer cool down instead of the increased power cost. Even though it wouldn't balance out it'd still be better since he wouldn't be able to break out of so many damn counters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.