what do you want for PvP Season 4?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Sage-Rapha, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Title says it all folks.

I already know what some want (looking at you FNL/SNL folks)
    I hope you devs do something for Open world PvP!
    An open world FNL could really draw attention to PvP again and be good for all players.

Personally I want the RPS back and I want Tanks relevant not just for cleanses either. That's not enough imo.

Oh and 3v3 would be awesome!!! Awesome FNL/SNL things waiting to happen with that.

Get rid of AM/WM
    Im not against home turf. Just dont make it Pay to Win.
    It was fun to have it for a bit
    • Like x 9
  2. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Here is mine for now.
    • Remove AM from PvP. It is a pain to try to balance it out, and will most likely never happen. It's a win-win. PvE players won't have to worry about powers being nerfed because of PvP, PvP players don't have to deal with absurd BS, and Devs don't have to take PvP into consideration when making/fixing AM's.
    • Tone down WM and balance it out among weapons. One weapon should not hit 9k while the other hits 4k. I like WM quite a bit, but it should be an option not a necessity in PvP.
    • Grant Tanks some form of ability that can increase the overall survivality to the group. Whether that be buffing everyone's health or toughness.
    • Balance out the Healer roles, and Tank roles.
    • Like x 8
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Balance the 'effing weapons. HL can stay OP if they just fix the 'effing weapons. I don't care about anything else.
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I agree! Them weapons outta whack
    • Like x 1
  5. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

Legends sparring target. Maybe something similar to hitting the cog when in the legends solos. You warp to a simulation as the desired legends where you presented 1, 3, and 7 targets. I don't want or should have to scrimage everytime I want to practice a legends toon I have.
    • Like x 5
  6. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Fix the blocking...the most annoying crap ever!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 3
  7. Zezimar Committed Player

Since I already shared my thoughts on another thread today, I'll just copy here.

Get rid of AM/WM from PvP.
    Separate Pve from PvP
    Fix the f****** weapons unbalance :mad:
    Bring back role based gear
    Bring back roles debuffs
    When in troll stance, a healer watches me debuffing him def/heal ..
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. TheWhiteFace New Player

Yes, agreed. If some of the powers are imbalanced and it costs money to switch powers for one character, then it's practically a pay to win system. With the introduction to Power Variants one could have the ability to unlock the vanilla powers with Marks of Legend for Arenas instances, and DLC powers bought from the market will be usable on all characters for Arenas.

The idea also includes the ability to pick a power for Arenas similar to how players are able to pick characters Legends. With power variants both trees in a power set have two different variants and each power inside a tree would have abilities designed for PvE and PvP. An example:

Munitions:
    • Guts
      • Guts Tree Abilities [PvE] - Activates when a player is in PvE phase or in a PvE instance. Also, when PvP flag is turned off.
      • Guts Tree Abilities [PvP] - Activates when a player is in PvP phase or in a PvP instance. Also, when PvP flag is on or if the player is in a duel.
    • Glory
      • Glory [PvE] - Activates when a player is in PvE phase or in a PvE instance. Also, when PvP flag is turned off.
      • Glory [PvP] - Activates when a player is in PvP phase or in a PvP instance. Also, when PvP flag is on or if the player is in a duel.
    • Depending on instance, flag, duel mode, and phase one of the two variants will be activated. Descriptions will also have to be made larger or vary depending on the stated conditions.

This will push for more balance in Arenas which means PvP would be more competitive while at the same time keeping PvE in tact. As long as the code doesn't get funky. Heh heh. :p
    • Like x 2
  9. Minnion Devoted Player

• Adjustment of existing open world events to be worth running.(Increased rewards, actually being able to Queue for it in the events tab so that it's treated like the lovechild of the first open-world Opps, and the arenas.)
    • Mark rewards for bounties.
    • PvE missions that are exclusive to PvP phase... (Designed around the idea that the mission will be interrupted by either a Queue poping or other players ganking you for the lulz, but not actually requiring the participation of the opposing faction to be entertaining.)
    • PvP Ops: Imagine an Arena type scenario set someplace like Gotham Wastelands, Metro Battlezone, Central City or Gotham under Seige, where it plays like an arena but set in the open world part of PvP phase where other players can come in and join in the chaos, or get caught in the middle of it while running PvE missions in PvP phase...
    • Like x 6
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Love this Idea
  11. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Excellent idea. However it would seem that it would be more or less impossible for PS3 players to join in if such a thing were to be implemented. Hopefully after the support drops.
    • Like x 1
  12. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Keep Home Turf out of PVP
    Reduce Power Cost Increase
    Balance WM out
    Remove AM from PVP

Those things would make me over joyed. That being I said I know them removing AM's from PVP has astronomical odds of happening but a man can dream.
    • Like x 8
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

What are your thoughts on 3v3?

Yeah.. AM is over the top
    • Like x 2
  14. Faust74 Loyal Player

I hope they fix the Respawn issue in the Australia map. Getting sick of being completely locked out from respawning any where in the map even from home base. Doesn't happen every single time I'm in Australia map, but it does happen often.
    • Like x 3
  15. Brother Allen Loyal Player

3v3 sounds awesome. At least one death match map and one node holding type map would be an great introduction to 3v3.
    • Like x 3
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yeah that would be awesome.

Could be a good way to practice too!

I miss RPS. :( I liked actually multi tasking. Tanks were my favorite snack.
    the occasional troll too :p
  17. Absolix Loyal Player

I see how RPS would be great for 4v4s and up, but I don't want it ruining my ability to 1v1 on my healers.

I do like 1v1s and 2v2s. While I understand they need to balance primarily around whatever the competitive size is, I don't want my matches decided from te moment I get unlucky and get matched against my counter class. I know going Dps is an option, but if I take the time to mod and spec for healing then I want to heal dang it!

If they could maybe modify and/or lessen the Rps system or even disable it in 1v1s and 2v2s only I would be for it. They might be able to balance roles without if they could make Trol debuffs and Tank cleanses strong enough.
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The thing is, they need to make a clear cut decision on what they're going to balance around. Personally I'm not a fan of the RPS system as I found it lowered flexibility, but a lot of other people liked it, and it's not something I feel strongly enough about in any aspect so I'd be fine with it coming back.
    • Like x 1
  19. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Remove AM from PvP
    Tone down WM
    Give some non batman styles for the gear.
    Make iconic powers and movement mode attacks viable to use in PvP.
    Remove tie ups (pointless, you can win without them)
    MAKE A SET RESPAWN TIME :mad:
    • Like x 5
  20. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

• Remove counter immunity
    • Ranked pvp queues and leaderboards
    • Skill points based matchmaking
    • Stronger pvp gear in comparison to top tier pve gear
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.