what do you want for PvP Season 4?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Sage-Rapha, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Agreed. I remember when the slowed down MA and I was hitting on air and thought nothing had changed. Then when in live combat I finally experiences the slow down. That's when I figured out that on air speed is different than on target speed
  2. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

No, I was RIGHT and they used an exploit to demonstrate to try and prove me wrong.

And slander? I didn't call them ignorant or unknowledgeable. I didn't insult them.
    • Like x 1
  3. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

You are taking everything EXTREMELY personal.
    • Like x 1
  4. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Actually, you might find there are a lot of people willing to help that may show up now that most of the overlords have gotten themselves ushered off the forums.
  5. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Aren't personal insults exactly that? Personal.
    • Like x 1
  6. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Neutral Party:

No. You were actually wrong. Just because the knowledge of how it worked wasn't known by you, doesn't mean the existence of that knowledge somehow makes what they say any less factually correct. The only way you are correct is if we add an extra part to your statement. "You can't fit big scoop in immunity window if you do it the normal way." But that wasn't the parameters of the debate.

If we are going by PURE facts and not opinions,feelings,ideologies, and personality.... They were right. You can big scoop someone within the window

Ignorance is not an insult btw. Ignorance is an observation. I am ignorant to many things in life. It is not an insult to my intelligence. It is a factual statement about what I KNOW. I'd be a fool to think I am not ignorant. Because I am.
    • Like x 2
  7. MrWon Committed Player

That's why I don't blame you guys (sometimes) for getting mad at the Devs when it comes to balancing. Things always seem to fall apart when they try to add in new "buffs" or "nerfs" for PvP.
    No disrespect towards you or any of your friends/leaguemates on the forum, all I'm asking for is a little bit more respect towards other player's opinions. That doesn't mean you can't argue with them with good detailed posts, but telling a player that he/she don't know anything about PvP or they're wrong because they don't have any competitive experience(I see this a lot from a certain Legend's Champion), or name calling, is not cool man. It turns players away from the PvP section because they don't want to get bashed on by voicing their thoughts. Just my personal advice, you guys can think about it and take it or ignore it, up to you guys.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mirror Image New Player

A good portion of them were not overlords.
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

MY SOLUTION IS MORE CAPS.

In all seriousness, do people not realize the entire debate was whether or not it could fit? Saying it can't is like saying lightweight can't one shot because it's an exploit. It very well can. And we don't even know if this is an exploit or not because it isn't something major like lightweight, or when rifle could make it's counter window nearly non-existent, or when Nature's bug form could lunge a blocking target with no consequences. Can we please not pretend that we know for a fact?
    • Like x 5
  10. Mirror Image New Player

Slander takes different forms and often is not about insults.
  11. MrWon Committed Player

The funny thing about this, is you took it ever farther on EXTREMELY personal.
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

As you know I can't and don't control the actions of other people. Anything anyone says or doesn't say, including myself, is on them. We're all accountable for our own actions, good or bad. I'll call shots as I see them. For example, not knowing something and then using that lack of knowledge to justify your actions is the textbook definition of pleading ignorance. That's literally what it is.

The reason why it's important to have competitive experience in game is because it's a totally different world than the one a lot of players live in. My league on an absolutely ridiculous number of occasions was called hackers. For example, if I said to you "jc the MA bb to catch the roll" there's a chance you wouldn't know what I said. If you do, there's an extremely good chance you wouldn't know how to do that and what other purposes it could serve other than the brief one listed there. Yet, that's common talk in upper levels of PvP and any truly experienced PvP player knows how to perform that action (granted I may need to translate the abbreviations for them because in game lingo differs slightly from group to group, but those are all fairly common ones).

Those are the types of things you learn at a competitive level, and the experiences you have and the experience you gain from that far outweighs the experience of any casual PvP player. Here's an old post from Brice. The very last sentence explains exactly what I'm talking about in regards to noticing every little detail.

Competitive players simply know more about this stuff because they notice every little nuance about this stuff. It's why a good chunk of posts come off so overwhelming. Sometimes a simple idea brings up really complex problems that need to be discussed at length.
    • Like x 1
  13. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

I do not follow. Calling myself ignorant is personal?
  14. MentosTroll Loyal Player

First insult thrown. Carry on.
  15. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I mean it's something about you. That's about as personal as personal gets :p
    • Like x 1
  16. TheWhiteFace New Player

• Like x 1
  17. MrWon Committed Player

Yeah, I don't see a problem about you guys arguing and explaining it and such. But don't bash people if they feel differently, we each have different perspectives. Like telling Superpatriot he don't know anything about PvP is false, because he knows how to counter, he knows that toughness mitigation is not good enough for the dmg AM/WM does, etc. The point is having respect for other people's opinion. You work and have a job, if a customer disagrees with something, you wouldn't bash them for it (unless you want to lose your job), you will try your best to have a peaceful conversation. I'm talking about professionalism, think of a argument on the forum as an argument with a customer. You wouldn't bash people in real life, don't do it over the forums, its just not good.
    • Like x 1
  18. MrWon Committed Player

Why wouldn't it? your telling a bunch of strangers what you think of yourself.
    • Like x 2
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

To touch on the damage mitigation issue, his solution is to add more toughness to gear to solve the immense amount of damage we're taking right now and has specifically stated that his idea is better than adding more health. They'd do the same thing, an attack taking off 25% of someone's health is 25% whether or not it's because the attack was mitigated or they just have that much health. And healing regardless would need to change to compensate now that healing can stack coming with GU50. If healing didn't need to change the only thing that increasing toughness would have going for it is that it's simpler.

None of that however, would help nearly as much as simply reworking to toughness to damage mitigation equation because gear isn't the only thing that provides toughness. You've got skill points, and a power point that can be allocated to toughness. Just adding more to gear would mean those things are left in the wind.

See how one little suggestion sparked all that? It's not talking down or insulting him (I'd hope), but it's a very legitament point that should be discussed. The problem comes when some people can't handle their ideas taking any criticism and think disagreement is the same thing as insulting them.

The way I act here is literally how I act in person. If you were to meet me, this is how I'd act. In regards to knowledge about the game, yes, he knows some stuff. Other stuff he doesn't know. But when one starts saying how they're right in spite of irrefutably being proven wrong, the analogy isn't me yelling at a customer. It's a customer trying to tell me how to do my job despite having significantly experience in said field.

My personal favorite story relating to the analogy above was when I worked in a pet store someone asked what would happen if they put their fish in with their turtle. I kindly told them the fish would get eaten by the turtle most likely. The person then went on to ask what would happen if they put the fish in with their two turtles. Suffice it to say, we canceled the sale.
    • Like x 8
  20. Mighty Committed Player

While I appreciate the effort you've put up. I'd just like to point out, for the record, that I said this 10 hours ago.

• Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.