what do you want for PvP Season 4?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Sage-Rapha, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mighty Committed Player

I'm not trying to make it a personal thing. I just know that these guys are usually right about PVP, and they're really helpful and positive. Enquirer in particular has answered every PM I've sent him with questions about pvp. These guys are awesome. Sometimes I disagree with some stuff, later I usually see that I was wrong at the time. Honestly man, these guys are like the Shaolin Monks of DCUO PVP. I've always found it's best to just drop my ego and soak up all they have to teach. And if I do have a disagreement, I voice it as respectfully as possible. Because I know that they know more than me.
  2. Sabigya Steadfast Player

You are kidding right? You can see the blue immunity flash lasting just as long as the combo.
    Is it that hard to admit you are not fast enough with the weapon you played so extensively with?
    • Like x 2
  3. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

And again, I say, please. Just because I disagree with them doesn't warrant the "you know nothing" comments that are slung by them ALWAYS first. But you have the need to feel that my joking about him being wrong was an insult? Whatever.

I have NEVER criticised or doubted their knowledge. I do however doubt their willingness to listen to other people and hear their perspective and opinions. Even when I show actual proof of what I'm talking about I get derogatory comments made. How is that earning respect or showing it?

You want to know what's wrong with PvP? You're looking at it. When a small group of people get put up on pedestals as being infallible and knowing everything wrong and what should be right are practically worshiped as demigods to the point that they can't be proven wrong so they have to introduce a new method to prove that they're right so they can continue to look supreme in all things PvP. PvP isn't about 5-6 people. It's about all of us that do PvP that do so daily that experience things that those 5-6 people may not see in their increasingly shrinking world because the competition they did have has moved on to other games or they've quit pvping because they are continuously shouted down by the "experts" as "not knowing" what they're talking about.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sabigya Steadfast Player

This is straight out of your Youtube comment
    Not only did you consistently disagree with people telling you, "Hey you might not be right in this case" you went off many tangents saying "No I play this weapon I know everything about it you don't!"
    "Never doubted their knowledge" There are 10 quotes of you doing just that.
    • Like x 2
  5. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

See the blue immunity flash on a character in blue with a blue aura, yeah I can just see it. Even after putting it on my 44" TV at 1080p I can just barely see it. What I also saw on the large screen is that Venge wasn't blocking either time at the execution of the combo even though he was on his feet and capable of doing so nor do I see any change in speed of the execution of the combo simply because he wasn't hitting him the whole time.

Now, this can mean one of a few things.

1. My video is completely accurate in the demonstration.
    2. Clutch's video is completely accurate even with the change in perameters.
    3. There is STILL some latency issues regarding Immunities on the console.

I'm not going to sit here and throw accusations of staging his video, but if 1 isn't completely accurate and 2 isn't completely accurate then it seems to me that 3 is the most likely issue.
  6. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

In my readings with these certain individuals that when presented with a area that they don't have full knowledge about thier typical response is something like "give me more time I need to test it.". I do hold them in high regards as they have futhered my knowledge and therefore skill within pvp.

The problem with pvp has nothing to do with a few select individuals. I've never pvp vs anyone from this forum that I am aware of. Most people do not even come to the forums. How can anyone be the problem? The problem with PVP is the mechanics of AM and WM. Unbalance in legends. PVP itself.
    • Like x 1
  7. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Well, when I'm right, I'm right. Not saying they don't know other things or don't know the combat system at all like what is always slung at me.
  8. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I can see it just fine from my laptop. You aren't allowed to block immediately after recovering from hardstun until the animation has completed. That's what happened in the video.
    You are just too slow in performing the attack. Whether that be due to the PS controller or the player itself is unknown but it does in fact fit inside the counter immunity window.
  9. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Keep in mind that you were initially puzzled by the fact that I was RIGHT until Clutch's video was posted. Are you changing your opinion back to being on the side that it works now simply because they have spoken?
  10. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I logged in to test it after the video you posted. Clutch was coincidentally also recording at that time with Venge.
  11. Mighty Committed Player

You said it can't be done. Clutch proved it can be. Instead of tipping your cap and stowing that away for your next match you're more concerned with making some kind of political stand.

Respectfully, that's what's wrong with DCUO; people think they're beasts but in fact their skill level isn't as strong as someone else's. They don't know how to do something, and when shown how, they try and tear down the folks who can do it and then seek to have the game tailored to the less-knowledgeable and skilled playstyle.

I've been on the other side of this with jump canceling and dovetails, and I got roasted for being a scoreboard-chasing, elitist ***** who just wants to keep his JC secrets so he can be good on the scoreboard - even though I actively taught (and even bought rifles for) anybody who asked for my help. Now the game's PVE combat is slower, simpler, and more loadout/gear dependent than time spent with the power/weapon. Now people lament what the game used to be like pre-GU36.

It'd be a shame to see the same thing happen to PVP in this game if these guys were run off. But, to be honest, arenas is so borked right now it probably wouldn't even matter in the short-run. Long term? Practically all of the forums' institutional knowledge on legends is gone the moment these guys leave.
  12. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

OMG! The execution times of my video and his are exactly the same. lol
  13. Sabigya Steadfast Player

[IMG][IMG]
    You have to be blind not to see the difference in speed.
    I had to set Clutch's video to 3 seconds for the WM combo to fit, I tried to set yours to 3 seconds as well but it cut off in the middle of your WM Combo.
    • Like x 4
  14. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

A video was posted of someone doing something you claimed was impossible and you're using the excuse of someone being zoomed out as reasoning for why you're right. You can still see the blue flash. Hell, you can even time it. A hard stun lasts for exactly 3 seconds.
    • Like x 5
  15. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

Clutch is clearing his target after the first hit, is that not resetting the hit counter on his opponent? Is that even possible on PS?
    • Like x 1
  16. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

The start timing in your gifs are off. Clutch's starts right when he lunges. Mine shows me waiting for the bb. The timing of the combos is the same.
    • Like x 1
  17. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

I posted a video doing EXACTLY what you said to do demonstrating it couldn't be done and then another video was posted using different perameters showing that it could. Even though I'm calling into question the speed of his target blocking, I'm willing to admit that there may still be some latency issues going on on console. Are you willing to do that or are you so determined to be right that you must refute it still?
    • Like x 2
  18. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

I will also say, Superpatriots video is much clearer, its easier to see whats going on. Why all the moving around in Clutches video? If you're trying to prove a point in timing, I'd have thought a static target would reduce the chance of any latency causing variables in timing.
    Clutch is in the UK, was his opponent in this test, or was he playing from another continent? Was this on the EU or US server? Same for Patriot, both in the US, on the USPS server?
    Too many variables really. If the brothers really want to prove their point, a like-for-like comparison, or near as possible would be needed. Both players in the US, on the US server, same for Patriot.
    • Like x 3
  19. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Alright feel free to send Clutch and Venge flight tickets to come to the US to test something.
    Clutch and Venge both are in the UK and play on the US server. Both are affected by latency but all that would do is make it harder for the combo to land.
    Clutch says he is willing to do the video on the EU server as well.
    • Like x 1
  20. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

I admit that his video and mine show two different things. Because his shows something different does NOT mean I am wrong. I'm still seeing a slow block from his target no matter how many times I watch it and this the first I or anyone else I've spoken to about this that I've heard about this "combo is faster if facing away" business.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.