What do you think about removing SP from the game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Klinkerz, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I agree they will and they'll be bought and goodbye dcuo.
  2. judgeday1904 Well-Known Player

Wait... what... topic is still open?!?!
    joking

Feats and SP are a great thing in this game.
    People have to understand that by doing feats make things alive too and you get SP as a reward and for that hard work you will get a bit stronger.
    If some people dont have at least or dont want to have the work of getting stronger and or want everything given you can always play other games and use cheats.
    If you dont recieve SP no one will do feats.

Saying SP is worthless, that dont make sense like this topic.

The happiness that a group feel when we can do a feat and someone get another SP is priceless
  3. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I worked 70 hrs a week and still was able to get them.

The love feats now that something a casual won't get.

You can obviously tell they're testing out p2w for casual people will spend money to be equal.

Cr didn't work but money will.

I don't want things bought because then why do then and lets buy them.

Overall that's a whole another issue I'd rather not get into.

My thought is villians should be able to invite heroes and vice versa and see if that helps pve for villians because they have problems getting feats and completing content.
  4. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

You may be wrong on number 2. Simply because what was originally tried to sell when announcing the revamp and what will be delivered will greatly differ - test server already shows that much for weeks now. Which leads to point 4, where you may have gotten the direction wrong. (And Daybreak plainly ignores point 3; they care about the money that comes in, not about what type of player actually spends the money).

Your fifth point is contradicting itself. If SP are easy, you don't actually have to put any work into getting them. (I agree on SP are easy though).

And the last point - I'm 110% sure you're right about some more buyable SP being added. Well, make that 125%.
  5. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Watched your sig cuz that guy is so ugly I had to take a peek. Makes me wanna put old ugly people on my signature too.
    • Like x 1
  6. Maxwill Committed Player

They should better remove this read instead of removing sp , coz your thread is useless , sp have been, are and will be usefull.
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Not sure if this is a troll thread or not.
  8. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

How would I lord my elitist attitude over people without SP?
  9. BestPlayerAfrica Well-Known Player

^
    • Like x 2
  10. BestPlayerAfrica Well-Known Player

^
    • Like x 2
  11. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Like the elder scrolls online. A perfect way to implement skill points if you ask me.
  12. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Wait getting feats loot locked currently is not being encouraged, I wonder what ever happened to cause that to happen to the game?

Not really, this thread is going to rank as one of the worst ideas of 2017 for DCuo.

Players have no need for SP, currently leading to these types of threads.

No wonder many stopped playing no challenge, same maps, same missions, no uniqueness, the grind is all gear based and players want handouts now.

Just Say No.
  13. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Knowledge?
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

I wouldnt mind if they did
  15. Controller Devoted Player

The argument has been made ad infinitum about SPs and their use in this game.

SPs have been used to discriminate against players in this game - BOTH WAYS. I've seen HIGH SP players treated like trash (by LOW SP players), AND LOW SP players treated bad by HIGHER SP players. Unfortunately I've seen the FORMER cases around DCUO the most (HIGHER SP verses LOWER SP).

Neither case isn't right. Neither case helps the game.

Just yesterday I sent out a tell to join a Olympus NORMAL raid for a Dps. This was on my Atomic DPS toon, 188 CR. They responded back to me "SP?"

I lol'd and told them "238 on my Atomic but does it matter?" For OLY R?

I ended up being the 5th Dps by about 1 million (nearly 7 million in damage in about 13 min). Admittedly I am NOT the best Atomic Dps but I'm getting better. I'm a DECENT Atomic Tank (188 CR fully modded) and this is the PRIMARY reason I went Atomic (to have another role at end game).

Addtionally - in that OLY R on my Atomic - I spent about 3 min reviving players because most of us were dying for some reason...inexperienced heals? We did beat it, though.

What I've learned about SPs in the 4 years I've been active in this game is they are a PART of your toon - not the WHOLE. Skill Points are like the ICING on your CAKE but are certainly not needed for MOST content in the game.

For VARIOUS reasons many players do NOT have a lot of SPs. I personally consider a player having a LOT of SPs as "140-150ish on up." These players may not have a lot of time to grind for these - as a decent percentage of SPs is JUST THAT - a GRIND - meant to have you log in and spend TIME acquiring them. This is not bad at all.

From what I've learned - personally AND from observation in the numerous threads AND in actual game play - is that there are SOME exceptional players that CAN complete even the hardest content (DWF N and E, OLY E and GOM E, RIT E, etc) WITHOUT High SPs or MODS. These players are NOT MANY - but they ARE out there. I've ran into them from time to time.

These exceptional players succeed like this because they've mastered their POWER (in most cases), have mastered their TOON (regardless of POWER), in a FEW cases, by sheer SKILL and EXPERT KNOWLEDGE of MECHANICS in the toughest content - which doesn't give you much wiggle room for error AT ALL.........

These FEW players are simply RARE. Admittedly - on my BEST days on my Troller I am "CAPABLE" - not BEST. "CAPABLE" - meaning that I have completed OLY E, GOM E, DWF N and E (elite version of DWF maybe a couple dozen times AT CR (175)). I achieved success in the most difficult content, as part of a TEAM, by knowing the MECHANICS....when to BLOCK....when to do this or that..........AND...

...by having a good amount of Skill Points (274 currently on Mace), being FULLY modded OLYMPIAN, having BOTH OP 174 ITEMS, having FULL OLYMPIAN GENERATOR MODs AND having my base mainframe active......

By doing this - having high SP, full mods, high CR gear - make me a WEAK player? I've had a few that have argued this with me on here. My answer to them has ALWAYS been - "I've seen NOTHING wrong with MAXIMIZING my toon(s)." Nothing at all.

I don't feel "Buyers Remorse" AT ALL for maximizing my toon. While I respect those who do not because they have their reasons NOT TO, I question those who seemingly are LAZY about NOT maximizing their toons - or putting in the TIME for it....and are BRAZEN about it....that's the thing.

Don't call me a weak player for CHOOSING - and putting in TIME (and yes - SOME REPLAYS) to do so.

This is - for the most part - how I feel about Skill Points.

I am concerned with #statsmatter and what I've seen written about it. Unfortunately I simply have too little time to go on test server to see for myself. But I am optimistic it will turn out ok. But those who choose to maximize their toons SHOULD see tangible benefits from it while at SAME TIME allowing the game to be enjoyable by ALL.
    • Like x 2
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Just read the first page. Glad no one out-and-out agreed.
    • Like x 2
  17. Big Gl0 Active Player

That's a no for me dog
    • Like x 1
  18. IamINC Dedicated Player

Cr100 boost has filled the end game scene with inexperienced and uninformed players but too many people think that SP are a show of how good you are as a player when in reality they are points that unlock your extra stats/skills hence the name.

I've seen truly awful players with 250+ sp and very good ones with 100 , SP isn't a measure of how skilled or how good you are as a player , it shows how dedicated you are to achieving more as aposed to someone that just jumps on and plays casually.

Stats matter will mean that there's going to be a minimum SP needed to be on a certain level for all roles and is only going to lead to more discrimination when forming groups but it still needs to happen. I'm seeing a lot of guys trying so hard to get sp at the moment and that guys is a great thing.
    • Like x 2
  19. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

as some on with many alts (many with "low" sp) i gotta tell you, SP don't make much of a difference atm.

now wait til after the revamp when the entire game changes and maybe they will. but it has been said that the MAJORITY of your stats, will ALWAYS come from your gear.
  20. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Knowledge is overrated
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.