What do you think about removing SP from the game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Klinkerz, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crows Well-Known Player

Tf am I supposed to do in the game otherwise
    • Like x 3
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

See my sig, all the toons with 275+sp? I spent real money unlocking about 200sp on each toon. Except for my main of course. And so have a ton of others spent $ like that. So removing sp wouldnt work because of stuff like that. Cause daybreak isnt going to refund all that money.
    • Like x 4
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

wait so ppl dont do content loot locked now for feats? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

theres always the phase shifter to hang out at, I hear its the place to be lmao
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

Definitely not. If anything, people should be pushing for the inclusion of more feats which in return would lead to more SP, and not be pushing for the removal of SP.

If for some odd reason this ever did happen, at least ensure feats stay and that they keep getting added.
    • Like x 3
  6. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

I am very rarely a completionist, but I find myself looking for ways to prolong my DCUO life. Feats, and the SP they provide, are about the only thing that's kept me going since the game came out. Otherwise, what's the point? Constant raiding for best gear? That usually comes quickly, so what do you do then? Just run the content loot locked cause it's just "oh do much fun"? Nah, no thanks.
    • Like x 2
  7. Craven Green Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Please use the above method before posting again. In case I am a little vague no NO NO NO NO .
    • Like x 3
  8. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I opened this thread and started reading with the first reply, didn't read the OP, just to read the reactions. Was not disappointed.

This thread may be one of the greatest troll jobs in forum history and I'm excited to be a part of it.
    • Like x 4
  9. Wallachia Devoted Player

I turned my monitor upside down just so I could like your post while pretending to dislike it.
    • Like x 3
  10. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Well stop being cheap and buy the feats for your alts from your main. Done. It's especially there for people who want their alts "at strength" without re-doing the grind (which is in the case of quite some feats understandable). Just stop buying stabilizers if you're short on money :p
    • Like x 4
  11. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Apparently skill points just means achievement points lol.
  12. judgeday1904 Well-Known Player

Well
    Bad idea for sure But its an idea.
    Lets be honest, only a few people agree and the ones that agree they dont like to do feats and dont like to waste time do it. Luckly for us its just a few. Feats are awsome and give us a reason to try and try and when you do it you feel happy for that achievement.
    And with that you get reward and stronger for the hard work.
    • Like x 2
  13. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Some kind of levelling is a core item of any MMORPG.
    People like to feel their effort is being compensated.

DCUO is already too casual... so, NO, SP is DCUO!
    • Like x 1
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You get your feats and then what? Never go back in until reset unless it's to help a league mate/friend or if you get reset.

C'mon man.
  15. Davenport Committed Player

After all the hell I went through to get my, admittedly low, SP?! Hell no!

I can only imagine how annoyed people who have put in some major work to get the high amounts of SP would be. Especially if they paid an absurd fortune for items just for the feats or used a lot of replays.
    • Like x 2
  16. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

I wish people would stop with the 'stupidest idea ever' nonsense. Dramatic at all?

There are a few big issues with SP being linked to progression right now:

1, Time Capsules
    2, How are devs supposed to balance content when there is such a variance - too easy/too hard arguments. How much easier would this stats revamp be without having to consider hugely differing amounts of SP.
    3, Player retention - vets/spenders are leaving apparantly, if the new players replacing them leave due to a perceived insurmountable SP deficit then every penny every 1 of us has spent on the game isn't worth ****. The game is gone.

Notwithstanding that, people grinded & have spent real money on unlocking SP & it's not fair to render that worthless so keep the 306 (or whatever it is) for stats, but I think stopping it at 306 is quite enough.

Then...

Set a date & on that date, give anyone with max SP a free lifetime sub. Whatever the game would lose in sub money from that date on would be dwarfed by people chasing it in advance. Give them a title too.

From that point on, make a set of easy, medium & super hard feats per DLC/event. Completing all of the feats in a set before the next DLC gets you a style, the style for the super hard set being really cool. This actually enables really challenging feats because it's not linked to progression.

As a bonus, if it's only styles in Time Capsules, they become far more palatable.
    • Like x 1
  17. Neidler123 Dedicated Player

As someone who has drunk posted on these forums and in my experience it's not a good idea
    • Like x 2
  18. Harlequin Devoted Player

I will not give a thumb to the OP because I disagree with his motivation. However, I have stated my disagreement with the feat = power system in this game before and my opinion has not changed. It is a major design flaw.

Imo, players should get a set number of SP at level 30 to go with their 15 PP and that's it. The ever-increasing number of stats in this game is the main issue regarding balance.
    • Like x 1
  19. SuperBell Loyal Player

Just don't worry about SP. Most feats are easy enough to get, and you don't need massive amounts SP to run content.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Ok who ate all the popcorn? I know I'm a bit late to this but not that late, there should still be some left.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.