What do you think about removing SP from the game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Klinkerz, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Batzombie Well-Known Player

I think removing SP is the worst idea ever.
    • Like x 2
  2. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I'd be in favor of a system that motivates using all content.
    A system that a user gains the equivalent of skill points through more gameplay.
    Where special titles are given for special conditional achievements like beating a raid with certain conditions met upon completion that is no longer rewarded when the next tier of gear is released. (motivation for doing the content ASAP and ends when new gear makes that achievement more easy to complete)
    I could accept an end to the current model of Skill Points, which through the transition, users who have achieved a skill point level before the transition are adequately reimbursed for the achievements made before the transition.
    I'd accept a change to Skill Points that begins with a new tier/particular content, whereas if a character reaches that tier they are from then on using the new system.

The skill point system was put in place at launch and they had no idea how long the game would last. The game has lasted many years. Changing the system is not off the table for me. Changing the UI to reflect a change seems like a nightmare to ponder. I've not been a fan of the handling of the UI since launch. The handling of the Skill Point achievements seems to have been a mess over the years. Some Style Sets are in the Style Achievement category while other Style Sets are in DLC category. A new system that possibly contributes to a progress bar through playing the game would make since to me. Carrying new characters in group content to achieve old Feats for Skill Points, would probably still be necessary to keep veteran players from feeling slighted.

Good luck working out the logistics. Do you think the UI can take it? Can they produce the new UI? Will changes to the UI free up PS3 RAM usage that allows for all Tier vendors to be wearing the armor they sell? (whereas early vendors don't have to wear the armor because they are standing next to a armor display. don't change the early iconic vendors who have several lines of dialog, mostly.)

edit.
    me, "I'd be in favor of a system that motivates using all content." ...that might require a new game system that does not include endless vertical gear progression. Then users could possibly pick from a few difficulty options for all content. :rolleyes:

edit2.
    i think DBG will not divert from the endless vertical gear progression. sad. It'd relieve resources to work on gameplay content. #contentmatters
    PS, good luck #statsmatter
    [IMG]
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I want a new leveling system, do away with replays, new business model where they encourage subscriptions, less micros, but this game is just too far down the rabbit hole none of this could ever happen. It is what it is unfortunately.
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

then why come and complain more? Enjoy another game instead of being angry over this 1. Thats all Im saying / trying to get at.
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

maybe she likes more than one game. That is allowed. You are allowed to have a gripe with a game but still like said game. Your opinion will not always be shared. The sooner you accept this the happier you will be. Something you find fun may not be to someone else. I have played FFIV and the leveling is much more rewarding than DC. And I've played dc for over 5 years. Other mmos do it better. They have subscriptions, they have no replay badges, they have rewarding leveling experience based systems not systems that prey on the consumer to shell out cash to acquire a stat to improve their character. That is of course my opinion. If this game had a more rewarding system in place to begin with they might not of had to go f2p at all. If they had set up legendary in a way that would give players more incentive to do so it might not of happened. As it sits now they have backed themselves into a corner with this current system and reliance on replays with subscriptions seemingly an afterthought. The game should have went a different route from the start with its progression system to me. But thats me. Skill points do not equate skill as well on a side note. Are they fun I guess yeah. But theres a reason a lot of people quit this game with the gap ever widening between fresh 30 characters and end gamers with 250 plus skill points and rising. The sp has created a gap that made the game unaccessible to alot of players starting out. In other mmos even if the game has been out for years you are only as behind as your level and with time put it can catch up at some point and that it is it. DC has another level on top of gear that further pushes away new players. The game could be much healthier if it had a different approach to progression but well its probably just too late at this point to change.
    • Like x 2
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

see I hear this come up way to often and I'll put this here and you do what you will with it.

A buddy of mine well 2 of them both are here on forums actually, join a league which I wont mention. They had around the 170sp mark and within 2 months give or take they both were breaking 280sp.

So you cant sit here and tell me that catching up to ppl with 250sp is impossible. I have said it before and will say it again, its on the player to get SP' and put forth effort. If you dont then yes you should be behind however many SP' / stats vs someone who put that time and effort in.

but this BS that new ppl can never catch up to long term players is just not true.
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

you are completely missing the point and the big picture. its fine. to each their own.
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

only thing Im missing and its by choice is that you want DCUO to be like some other game that you play, and why? DCUO is fine as it is minus the bugs it continues to have.

Its progression system is fine, sure there could be more content for end gamers to run for MoV and monsterous essence but thats a different topic. If you dont find getting SP' fun due to they are a grind dont do them. Just as I told Roll.

feats are there for those of us who choose to do them, its much like replaying content, in a hurry to max CR? replay til your hearts content, not in a hurry then dont. Its the same with SP'. Dont wanna spend time on a 10 point feat that could possibly take a hour or even days to months to get then dont. Those of us who seek the best characters possible will.
  9. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Is anyone aware of the Marvel Heores "Biggest update ever"? It reinvented a significant game system. Just saying, others have done it.
    Warframe, another F2P game available on Pc and consoles, did Damage 2.0 and other changes. Systems are always considering changes. Its a common aspect to a game that is an mmo and lasts for years. As opposed to considerations to a single player game with DLCs that will stop probably sooner than support for an MMO. ok, the single player game might have an online multiplayer mode, and that does not make it an MMO.

there is such a great market potential to be the online multiplayer game that is not an MMO. no?
    LAN tournaments? (free marketing)
    MOD community? (free marketing)
    Create a Diorama system for users to create and frame marketing material for the game they use. (DE revealed in a recent stream. I think that PS3 users cannot play Warframe.)

There has got to be another layer of free marketing. What is it?

http://video.thewrap.com/previews/CecMpVYp-0HzZAVJ9
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

its progression system is fine for you. not everyone. it has nothing to do with finding them fun or wanting to do with them I think they never should have been in the game to begin with. You seriously need to experience another mmo because you seem very near sighted when it comes to this topic. I want dcuo to be better, not like another game, has nothing to do with that. Theres a reason games that are surviving and thriving with subscription based models and that is because they all have engaging progression systems. They don't let you level to end game in a matter of days. DCUO is not fine as it is and for you to even state that means to me you have blinders on. I like dcuo just as much as anyone else but to believe the game doesn't have real issues it just ridiculous. Ive always said skill points gives you something to do after getting to end game in a matter of days, yes. That is true and I encourage others to get them. But that isn't to say that if we were presented with an option to have a much more engaging progression system based on actual experience I wouldn't opt for that, I would in a heartbeat. But thats me. Why is DC not flourishing like some other MMO's like WoW or FF or pick one? Theres many reasons but one reason for me is there lack of engaging progression. You are so focused on thinking I want dc to be like a different game, which I don't, that you don't see how improving parts of the game whether it is in another game or not would benefit it. So every experience based game is just copying all the rest? Thats ludicrous. WoW took the idea from DCUO to improve its transmog system does that mean WoW is trying to be like DCUO?

You just keep telling people if they don't like it go play another game or whatever you say. Thats such a terrible attitude to have. Yes you are allowed to play more than 1 game which I encourage but to tell someone that theres a game they like but because they see issues in it that they should just forget their feedback and move on to another game is ridiculous and how games become stagnant and never improve. Im not saying everyones opinion is right because it isn't but maybe you need to stop being so near sighted on this issue.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.