What do you think about removing SP from the game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Klinkerz, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SalamanderMan Well-Known Player

I think you're kinda right and they should move on that kind of system while introducing new content ... not skill points but some other buff system / titles...
    • Like x 1
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Your about years to late. People would riot.

Stop worrying about SP so much. The update has laid out they will be the 3rd most important thing, not first. 1st gear, 2nd mods, 3rd SP. The buff for having lots of skill points is equal to a buff cola, lol. They won't matter as much as they were supposed too. This is to be fair to those that don't have or don't want high SP.
    • Like x 2
  3. BumblingB I got better.

It's a little stale and has a lot of the un-popped kernels.
  4. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

No, it's not.
    Since there's feat unlocking, the real reason preventing you from making many alts is either
    • lack of money
    • having money, but being too cheap to spend the money OR
    • lack of willingness to do the feats again on your alts.
    • Like x 5
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. BestPlayerAfrica Well-Known Player

wasting money on alts in 2017 LUL
  7. SuperBell Loyal Player

And someone licked all the butter off.
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

not true, I run content alot out of boredom sure getting something helps but its not needed.
  9. Kharhaz Committed Player

Skill points haven't mattered in a long time, to be exact, since Daybreak took over, so in answer to the OP, shouldn't your question be, should SP matter at a bit?
  10. Klinkerz Level 30

11. Klinkerz Level 30

12. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Skill point are easily obtained by buying them with replay badges on ur alts.

If u have the feat u buy it on n alt next to nothing.
    • Like x 1
  13. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

People that ise this excuse don't have them.

Prime example this wont work is people complained so they made cr which catering to people with no sp did more harm then good and it's obvious.

The times of catering to that thinking is gone and its about time.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Also I wouldn't play because there'd be no point.
    • Like x 2
  15. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  16. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Have you actually read what the goal of the revamp currently is? I fear you have to high expectations towards that revamp. You may end up pretty disappointed.
  17. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Shouldn't even need to go into real reason why???

Business they'd make a ton less money.

Feats would be pointless so why do them?? Oracle "quote" not only pointless no actual points either.

Pvp is broke so good luck getting a que if there were no feats for it.

Lpve no one would do it.

Have people been on the test server because sp is completely signaficant which when the gamd was actually good they were also.

The point in an mmo has always been doing things and getting better.

The ones that fall apart are the one that go 2 far with p2w.

I highly think they'll add another cr boost right before and I get them trying to get people close to other before but I'd like all my miney back and time and then get to biy them like every other new person that got to.
  18. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Why is this thread even still here?
    • Like x 4
  19. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Now did you actually read my post you started your list on? All I was pointing to was that the devs repeatedly stated in the WIP sections that one of the goals was to make the difference of gameplay between casuals and specialized players less impacting. Which means: they did not give up on that line of thinking you pointed out.

And relax - I already stated that dropping SP from the game would be a bad idea long before in this thread. You might want to look who actually quoted you lol. I'm just saying be ready for a negative surprise since the line of thinking is not gone - and due to a reason you already had on your list: "they'd make a ton less money" if they dropped on the big bad hammer on the casual players.
    • Like x 1
  20. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

For me the only reasons I came back was for am's were getting removed and the revamp.

Number 2 the amount of actual good players that will come back for these reasons.

We already know wuts happened them catering to new players more then vets. Your core players leave .

Also I don't need to have high hopes for the revamp because the devs clearly do with the direction they're going.

Sp is so easy to get you just have to try. The staples easy button of cr is ending so either you work get them or get left behind.

My thought is they'll make more purchaseable righf before the revamp and that will be the nail in the coffin.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.