WE DON'T WANT PLAYERS, WE WANT FRIENDS!

Discussion in 'League Recruitment Center' started by Hemmy, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yungbuu New Player

Hi, I saw this post and was actually really interested in the league, I just honestly want people to play and have fun with. although I only have a f2p account hopefully that isn't an issue. I'm well aware that I'm restricted in some parts of the game. I've been playing mmo since diablo2 and dcuo is just really fun. I'm very friendly/respectful person easy to get along to. And I'll be on tonight you can send me a msg at my psn @kidkeso21 thanks Origins
  2. Hemmy Committed Player

Hello, I'm glad that you're interested and I'm sorry I missed you online recently, my internet has been acting up more than I'd like.
    Being ftp does limit how far you progress in the game in regards to power and CR your character can attain. However so long as you understand that, you should be fine! Godxera, who's been in the league the longest (besides myself obviously) is still ftp in fact. Since I won't be on as much as I'd like over the next few days, if you don't see me online, (Reyen) then you can always talk to Prudent. He can invite you in and is more or less the second in command of the whole affair. Please keep in mind that we do like to have a level of interest in helping yourself in all the people we have. That basically means that while in the process of helping you, a few of us CAN, very easily, solo most of the content we'll be assisting you with, that doesn't mean we want you to just stand and watch. We want to see a level of commitment on your part. Another point id like to bring up along that train of thought is that we would appreciate you either having a keyboard or microphone setup and connected to your PlayStation. It makes communication MUCH easier (some would say possible in the first place) since the virtualkeyboad takes AGES and there's nothing worse when trying to help someone than waiting 15 minutes for a response to a question.

Alright well, can't wait to see you online! I'll talk to you online soon!
  3. AbsoluteZero36 New Player

Hey Reyen my dcuo id is AbsoluteZero000. Just made it to level 30 about 2 days ago and picked up some tier 1 armor. Cr is 36 power : ice damage. Well about myself, I'm 21, easygoing and generally enjoy doing missions in groups. Just want to have a good time in-game with a good league. I also have a mic. Hope to hear from you soon.
  4. GabiOpal New Player

hello all!
    it's me again I have had a pretty rough few months and have not been able to play and what is worse, the keyboard I had set up for mail and Chat etc died and no longer works for the game but I do have a wireless headset.
    I'm not 30 yet but Reyen (when he can) has been helping and I am close to 23 (I THINK) if anyone out there plays during USA eastern time either during the day or like 2pm-10pm or various times during the weekends, PLEASE feel free to friend Magdelanah or my baby that isn't even outta the ship yet, Olivia Qween (lol) There is one instance Mag is working on but just can't make it through so if anyone is on or has done the riddlers quest Please let me know how to beat that last mob in the basement, sprcifically DEATHSTROKE.
    In the meantime, send me your in game names and lets make friends! Even if were are'nt "old enough" to get in the league yet, maybe we can still work some of the kinks out and get to know each other along the way.
    Take care and HAPPY GAMING!
    Gabi (or as Reyen calls me Mag) LoL

PS forgot to mention those characters are on my PSN account, if ya wanna hangout or chat or whatever via PC then you will want to look for Tarkaro Now my PC doesn't have a headset but I can communicate via keyboard and depending how things go and if I find more PC friends than PS folks I can "try" and use my PS3 headset or find an inexpensive one for the pc.
    • Like x 1
  5. Hemmy Committed Player

Congrats on hitting 30, now the actual game starts :p

However, I am a little curious about you as a person, and a player. My main goal of writing all that gibberish on the first two post was to invoke some thought as hopefully responses on what to write here. Just some simple things like, how often do you play the game, are you legendary, what are your thoughts on the game so far, etc. These things aren't "necessary" but they do give me a better sense for you who are and that's what I really want. I like knowing the people we let into the league, at least a little.

As things stand now, if you messaged me in game, I don't think I'd let you in without wanting to talk to you for at least a little while first. this isn't because I have anything against you, in fact we need tanks, it's just that I know next to nothing about you :p

I hope to hear from you, in game or rather here on the forums!
    -Hemmy / Reyen
  6. Lux Aeternitas New Player

7. Hemmy Committed Player

Was the above post really necessary? I'm not sure if you did that just for the fun of it or not, but it's kinda random.
  8. AbsoluteZero36 New Player

I see what you mean, it's best to know who you let in first. Well I just started playing the game about 1 week ago and am at CR 47 now which means I'm quite active. I believe I only have the FTP account. I play at least 3-4 times a week mostly afternoons. Hope to hear from you soon and thanks for replying.
  9. AbsoluteZero36 New Player

I'll be a little more descriptive regarding myself. I go to college (engineering), have a couple hours free in the afternoon, mostly between the hours of 6-11pm E.T. Kind of was in the mood to try out a new a game and since I had downloaded Dcuo on my console I decided to give it a shot. I've been hooked on ever since I started playing, it's a really entertaining game and I very much enjoy most aspects of it.

Your league's M.O. very much fits what I seek and hope to contribute as a member. What caught my eye with regards to your league was the title for the forum. Most leagues only want players who are about a certain level or are advanced in the combat aspect. I would describe myself as a casual hardcore gamer. When I have the time I put a good amount of effort in a game so for me the main aspect of the game is just to have a good time and see up to where I can make in-game.
  10. GabiOpal New Player

A thought for all of us under 30's wanting to join a great league (Origins!)
    rather than trying hit or miss during playtimes to get hold of active league folks. Why don't we post our "general" playtimes, what time zone we are in, and our "main" character's name then we can friend one another and have a better chance at hanging out and playing/chatting together.
    Right now the only ones I have in my friends list are of course Reyen and Prudent, but I think he changed his name it would be nice to have other friends that I might be able to chat with while playing... I have a headset since it's so difficult to type using that (CENSORED) Virtual keyboard but maybe we could create a channel in game so when someone logs in they have a default to go into as well as knowing who is or isn't on. This would also be good for those who are already in the league to chat and get to know us and see if there is a potential "fit"

Since I came up with this idea I will start:

First of all, I am in the US eastern time zone so as I type this it is 10:00 am.
    My play times vary but I do play on and off throughout the daytime hours depending when I get up and what day it is.
    Generally you can catch me on around 6 pm or so unless there is something else going on. I am not on very late on Tuesdays and Saturdays as I go to Church Wedensday and Sunday mornings. However at other times I can be on as late as 1 or 2 am all throughout the week. Wedensdays and Sundays Im usually not on till late, if at all.

My PlayStation Character is Magdelanah but I sometimes will make a character just to see if/how I like a different skillset, I just made one recently but she isn't even outta the ship yet, If I like her well enough once I'm off the ship I will play her till 15 or so and see if I continue to enjoy her, but until I get Magdelanah to 30, she is just my testtoon so to speak, if she becomes an alt then I will let folks in my friends list know and post her name here.

I do have PC characters but have not really played them lately as my computer is in the den and my PS3 is in my room and due to a recent accident I have a broken foot and some torn ligaments so it's easier and more comfortable to play from my room with my foot elevated. Once the foot heals though I can and will be more able to play either PC or PS3 as it won't be so uncomfortable sitting in my computer chair.

OK... I think that covers it. if your interested in my idea, let me know, I can use my tablet to check the forums from my room since I haven't a clue how to work the browser on the PS3.

Gabi
    • Like x 1
  11. Hemmy Committed Player

Sounds good,contact either myself or Prudent in-game and we can talk further!
  12. Hemmy Committed Player

That's a great idea gabi! You might also try the "official looking for a league thread" and try to find people in a similar situation as I know a few people there are also in the same position.
  13. GabiOpal New Player

Well I kinda thought this being the "Origins" thread it might be better to start here with the folks interested in the League, after all I wouldn't want to bombard you when several of us do hit 30 and ask to join and you have to start turning folks away because the league would be getting too big.

Glad to see your moving up in the world Mag is still in her early 20s, which IF I could play more and actually know what I was doing, she might have hit 30 quite some time ago and I would be looking forward to the next hurdle.
  14. Hemmy Committed Player

Well from now if some do apply here or send me a message in game that are still working on the level cap thing, then we can send them your way and get a whole bunch of people who are in the same boat, working on the same thing.
  15. GabiOpal New Player

Oh I am certain that there are many out there that would crush my 3 month old 20 something in a day's time I just get stuck on something and get disillusioned and wind up closing the game out because I keep getting killed and flying back and forth to repair then having to start the instance all over again.
    Dont get me wrong I LOVE the game but it has gotten me frustrated and angry at myself more times than I care to count. No matter, because I DO enjoy playing I will keep trudging along and doing what I can as I can.
    Until I can get it so I can communicate in game properly, I will just keep an eye on shout to see if there are any younglings I can help to outlevel me and then rinse and repeat... not being able to type in game the way I can here makes me feel more like I'm lost in an FPS than part of an MMO.
  16. Hemmy Committed Player

Hello everyone,

In the near future Nova, and degean will be leaving to start their own league. We'll still talk to them and they aren't actually going anywhere, but somehow I'll miss them nonetheless. I guess from all of us, a fond farewell and good luck to you in your travels!
  17. Hemmy Committed Player

Once again, to any that might want to contact me or someone in the league in-game, then please also leave something here so the thread stays relaxant and we know to expect a message or tell from someone :)
  18. Scifiman New Player

19. Scifiman New Player

Hi there my in game name is ScyFi Man. Right now I'm lvl 27 but I will be 30 soon. Anyway I just came back to ps4 from the computer version of this game. I've been playing this game on and off since launch and still love it to this day so I guess u can call me a veteran player. Anyway I bought a new ps4,and I'm looking for new friends not just on dc universe but on playstAtion as well. So when I get to the required lvl I'd really love to join your league . I feel I can help out new players with advice and info they need. Overall I'm just looking to meet new people who share and love this game like I have been since launch anyway I hope u can add me until I get to lvl 30 plz.
  20. Hemmy Committed Player

Well you sound like a good enough person. I have one thing I'd like to clarify though:

As much of an accomplishment as reaching lvl 30 is, the average player would have that experience account for MAYBE 5-10% or their playtime. As I stated in the original post, that's the point at which the game STARTS, not the end. I've played since launch as well, but I don't think reaching lvl 30 would make you a veteran in the slightest :p Not to say we have a problem with that, but just so long as you know it might be less YOU imparting knowledge, and more US showing you a few ropes.

Having said that, contact me in game and we can talk further. If you have been playing "on and off" then there's a lot to catch you up on and I'd love to do so! We've done that with more people than I can remember and I think we're rather good at it.

Hope to hear from you in game soon!

-Hemmy/ Reyen

PS if you are indeed at cr 125 or something and I'm sounding rather Patronizing, its not because I think you deserve it, but rather because I'd rather assume you don't know something than assume you do and have you do it improperly. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.