WE DON'T WANT PLAYERS, WE WANT FRIENDS!

Discussion in 'League Recruitment Center' started by Hemmy, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemmy Committed Player

Congrats to prudent on getting to t6 expert! now the real fight begins! Maybe you should have listened to Speedy and stayed lower level :p

Btw I'll be updating the original post soon reflecting new numbers and averages, etc. See you soon!
  2. Carpathia123 New Player

interested in meeting new ppl... using voip during gameplay ect... I am not lvl 30 should I wait to recontact? also I am 22yr old male work days normally
  3. Hemmy Committed Player

That is really NOT enough to go off of. I don't blame you for not reading all the posts before this because there is now over a hundred, but I am constantly responding to tells and having multiple conversations going in game. If you are really interested in joining, please message me/us so we can talk and get a better idea of who you are. What would be even better is leaving something here that we can read telling us a little bit about yourself, even a character name would be something. As it is, you've left not very much at all.
  4. Carpathia123 New Player

sorry my mistake I was downloading the game while lookign for leagues.. I had an old account from when the game was released but have not played recently... Have spent a bit of time playing The Secret world .. WoW... and the elder scrolls online.... have played just about every mmo out there if only a little while...
    Yea I tried to get the jist of what kind of info you are looking for
    I am interested in endgame/pvp/PVE/just about anything
    currently am just researching powers/specs ect
    might be awhile before any of that just logged into accoun have a lvl 12 and a lvl 6 ... I never reached lvl 30 when i played... hgihest was like 25 as a sorcery rifle user or something.. it didnt go so well... lol
    can I message "Hemmy" in game to talk to you?
  5. GabiOpal New Player

Could I have their full ingame names in order to add them to my friends list Please (if you don't want them bombarded you can send me a PM here as chat ingame SUX! is there a default voice channel where folks chat before they are eligible for the league?
    Magdelanah
  6. Hemmy Committed Player

Okay well had you read the rest of the post you would know that you can contact me at Reyen and we are currently only really accepting those that have reached lvl 30. There are several people who I would love to add but want to keep this in place. The only exception seems to be alts for those that are already in the league and even those don't stay <30 for long as we know the campaigns by heart.
  7. GabiOpal New Player

I'm not quite 1/2 there!
    I am working on taking down Quinn and hopefully that will kick me over to 15... I see your on your PC atm my game got corrupted and am waiting for "someone" to respond to my support ticket so I can work on Tark as well, she is my PC character.
    Good luck with School and the job thing!
  8. Lord Conan New Player

Hello! I'm a ps4 dcuo subscriber. A little about my self.. Like most adults over 30 I'm busy at work and can only play for several hours in the evening. Typically between 9pm and 1am and earlier on the weekends EST. I work full time, married with a child on the way as of this post.

My MMO history is WoW since day one up until mist and Everquest one and 2. I was into ultima online back in the day as well. I ran my own small guild in wow which is still up and running even if I no longer plan on playing that game.

I bought and paid for dcuo when it first came out and quit after several months. Mainly because I didn't have time for two mmos. Now I have found my way back to dcuo and am enjoying it a lot.

I love to pvp. I love to run instances. I love to help. I am your ultimate team player. I also like all roles other than dps but my main is currently a tank and alt is a healer. When possible I'll work on a controller.

My main character is Lord Conan lvl 30 psn and I play with mic.
  9. Hemmy Committed Player

Hello, currently I'm at work and on my phone. In a few hours I well get back to you and we can talk more. I like the way you've presented yourself and it sounds like you'd fit in with us perfectly! Talk to you soon!
  10. Hemmy Committed Player

Game corruption sucks. Good thing that never happens on the PS side :p Anyways, can't wait to get you in and have you shooting up the ranks!
  11. Dr. Pipestein New Player

Hey Hemmy, I'm an old gamer. My main interest is of course gearing up my toon and doing some endgame content. however more important than that is just in having some fun. I work long days so usually am on only three days a week or so. But when I am on I am more than willing to help others out by running content for them (Right now might be difficult since I am a DCUO nUb with a 30th lvl toon that is CR 30) In previous MMO's I would spend most days once I had geared up running pug's from LFG channels and helping low lvl players gear up or make it through difficult content. It sounds like you guys have this sort of mentality, it is better to make friends and train better players than be a speed run d*%k. As I said I am a nUb I have been plying for a week but I liked the game enough to go legendary. As far as expecting the league to help me at a moments notice, nah all I would really expect is to have questions answered as I have a million of them at this point. Hopefully nugget questions about tanking and trolling strat does not annoy people. (EDIT)I have both a Keyboard, AND a mic. Ain't I fancy?(end edit)

I have 2 30th lvl cr 30ish toons at this point and am working on a third.
    1 30 Arcane Healer
    1 30 Quantum Controller
    and 1 22 Rage Tank
  12. Hemmy Committed Player

Sounds good, I think as it stands you'd make a good fit. Why don't you message me in game at the next opportunity you get and we can go from there?

Don't worry about being new and not being very powerful, that's why we're here. The most famous example I can give at the moment is Speedy (speedster805) who got to top cr in about a week and half. That's about 1/30 the time it took me doing all the content by myself. We have gotten fairly good and experienced and raising players up through the ranks and making sure they get their goals achieved. Whether that be more SP or a higher CR or even just more money, we all have the collective knowledge to make that happen.
    You'll be helping out new players in no time, but before that we have to get you up to the top branches of t6!

PS by arcane, I'm assuming you mean sorcery? It's either that or celestial and I can't decide which you meant. :p
    Your other power choices are amazing as I love quantum and rage is getting a good buff in the next few weeks which I'm sure will make it top of the charts every time.
  13. GabiOpal New Player

I'm sorry I didn't notice you mention are you PC or PS... I have one of each and right now I been playing my new PS3!
    name is Magdelanah on PS Tarkaro on PC

Feel free to add me to friends list and let me know your from the forums. Maybe we can hang out when possible as I am a NOOB to DCUO as well and am still learning the game plus all the different key commands etc as I am NOT lucky enough to have found a keyboard/mouse combo that will function for my PS3.

Oh and btw Hi!
  14. Hemmy Committed Player

Hey Gabs, a mouse won't work on the Ps3 or Ps4. I've tried both and sadly they simply won't work.
  15. GabiOpal New Player

I don't care so much about the mouse I can always swap between controller and keyboard. Mainly it is so I can communicate easier since the virtual keyboard is a PAIN!
    I was hoping there might be something that would not cost me an arm and a leg plus my left kidney just so I can type for chats, emails etc...I am not only legally blind (wish there were a way to dictate to the PS3 so I could use my mic/headset and communicate) I also have very arthritic hands and trying to play is bad enough there is no way
    wearing my hand braces to play since they are designed to immobilize the hands/wrists. so using a keyboard would work good for me, I have 4 PCs and 5 keyboards and none of them function unless there is a way to set it up and I am missing it somehow.
    I even tried getting a slide over the controller kind of keyboard things and that is "almost" worse than using the virtual one. So if you or ANYONE who has a PS3 and has any suggestions I am willing to hear them out!
    The one thing that upsets me is that there are only 2 usb ports on the PS3 and my mic takes 1 and when I need to charge my controller, it takes the other :(
    sorry for the book, it is just SOOO nice having big keys to type with instead of the pain in te rump way the virtual one works.

Magdelanah

PS hope I made sense, I'm a little bit dopey due to pain meds.
  16. Lord Conan New Player

As a supplement to my original post you can add me on psn: oav3. Send me a friends request so we can chat.
  17. Hemmy Committed Player

I've send you a personal message, please have a look. As a rule of thumb (which I should probably add to the original post) we don't contact people who are interested in the league, they contact us. I know that makes me seems like a "too-good-for-you" ***, but we simply lack the time and incentive to track down and individually contact every single person that wants to talk to us.
  18. Hemmy Committed Player

Lol you should see prudent's first post. That was LONG. I like when people write a lot. It lets me get to know them just that much more and know they're interested enough to dedicate that much time into writing it in the first place.
  19. Ragestation New Player

Hi there. What is your time zone. Do you have anu aussies in the league?
  20. Hemmy Committed Player

not as of yet :p We are all located in america, HOWEVER, around 5+ of us almost exclusively play from 9pm-3am (that's at night for us btw) simply because some work nights and have nothing to do during that time. That also does not count those of us (myself included that play really late simply because we're obsessed. When work calms down I'm usually online until 1am PST for most nights.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.