WE DON'T WANT PLAYERS, WE WANT FRIENDS!

Discussion in 'League Recruitment Center' started by Hemmy, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GabiOpal New Player

Duh! I been trying to make heads or tails of the DC wikki, I never thought to check Utube!

Thanks! :)
  2. Hemmy Committed Player

Best resource I've ever had :p. Despite not being able to really interact, if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to answer to the best of my abilities!
  3. Hemmy Committed Player

I might as well clarify this as prudent actually asked me this either yesterday or a few days ago and I've never actually thought about it.

We don't need specific roles for the league. Roles are secondary to everything else, mostly you just being a good person. We can always use all roles! :)
  4. GabiOpal New Player

Well
    Now that you mention it I do have a couple questions.
    I have several missions/events, that I can't do as it requires a 4 man- team to do so, but I also have a couple solo missions that I can do but am having trouble finding info on them... for instance, I have one called communications breakdown... suposed to destroy some sort of jamming signal thingy on top of Metro Hospital but no matter what I just can't locate WHAT it is I am supposed to destroy... there are a couple others but for about 2 hours I was trying to complette that one as the reward is a sweet new Bow and since I'm still using one of the basic Bows I thought it would be great to "upgrade"

On another note, I am level 13 (or 14) and I see my combat rating in stats it says 10, but with the gear I have equipped it only says CR equipped of 9... what gives and how the heck do I get that to increase?
    Ok I think I have pestered you enough for now Take care.

Gabi ~ Tarkaro ~ Mynxx

PS I left that other guild... they wouldn't chat, and were not very helpful.... not what I'm looking for in a League!
  5. Hemmy Committed Player

Before I begin a good place to get all this information is in the forums under guides. Having said that, let's start:

First: you shouldn't worry about missions that require more than yourself until you hit the level cap. That simple, just ignore them. They are a waste of time for now.

Second: That mission you described has to do with the rooftop behind the actual hospital. Tracking that mission will tell you where to go and what to do. There will be a yellow arrow on your mini map directing you and the signal jammer is only ever in the one place.

Third and most importantly: You don't need to worry about CR at ALL until you hit level cap. Right now even if your cr was -1000000 it wouldn't matter since you haven't hit 30. Once you do hit 30 you'll see your CR displayed beside your name where previously it was level. To explain, before you hit lvl 30, your lvl is the most important factor in determining the strength of your character. After that it's your CR.

To reiterate if you just do the solo missions running through the main story line it will auto bump you to lvl 30 at the end, (regardless of your previous level.) that is the fastest way to go about things.

I wish I could tell you more and I'd be perfectly willing if we were actually talking via voice chat or something but for right now I have spent 4 hours typing before this and my fingers are tired :)
    If you still have questions I'm more than happy to answer!
  6. Hemmy Committed Player

Someone messaged me to very simply ask: Are we still recruiting?

By nature of this thread still being open and semi-frequently updated, we are still looking for good people but we are actually filling up the spots. We are right around the population we want and could feasibly stop now but we still want more people to meet and play with. Hope to talk to you soon!
  7. babyshark90 New Player

Hello ther Reyen
    Im babylandshark and was interested in joining your league. I would like to meet new fellow friends and have fun mainly. I hate pugging raids and alerts all alone. Also i would like the help off others to help me get higher sp thats my major help i need and of course advice from others. And yes i can take jokes im no crybaby and stuff i like some humor and laughs.
    my toon name is XxBABYLANDSHARKxX
    cr108
    pvp cr 99
    sp128 for now
    powers nature for now
  8. Hemmy Committed Player

We did talk in game and as I understand things you are going to continue your search for a league elsewhere and we wish you the best!
  9. Hemmy Committed Player

Just a quick reiteration of what's already been said. I realize next to none of you will have the patience to look through all the pages of messages here so I'm just restating something quickly:

I'm really humbled and honoured that you want to join us in our pursuit of nerdy gaming and such, but please understand that I cannot individually seek out and message every single person that wants to contact me for one reason or another. I already have way to many tells to respond to every time I log in that ask questions, usually deserving a long, thought out, answer.
    If you want to join and have left a message here please do NOT then ask ME to message YOU in game. I'm more than happy if the opposite happens where you message me and we start a wonderful, friendship inducing, conversation but I'm far to busy, and moreover lazy, to seek out individuals when my time is spent responding to others and playing the actual game.

I look forward to hearing from you all!
  10. Hemmy Committed Player

Holy crap guys! We got but Speedy and Prudent up to t6 in one day! That's amazing! Welcome to the front lines and good luck because it doesn't get any easier from here!
  11. The Atomic Tuna Well-Known Player

I see you are bogged down with ingame tells. I would suggest making a quick website. Shivtr , guildportal, and the like are very simple to use plus they have basic sites for free.

You could put a link in this thread to submit an application on your site. Then you can respond to each applicant at your leasure. You contact them ingame not the other way around.

Just an idea. Good luck with your league!
    • Like x 1
  12. Hemmy Committed Player

Thanks for the thoughts but I have thought about it and have made one with a basic layout ready whenever it's needed however, it's already hard enough to get people to post in this thread before or in addition to sending me tells. So asking them to sign up for a website and leave something there, might not work as well as it would on paper. But i'll definitely keep that in mind! Thanks, and see you around!
  13. Hemmy Committed Player

I simply want to reiterate this because I got ANOTHER person messaging me in game with this question. The answer remains the same and if it ever changes it will be reflected obscenely blatantly in the beginning of the original post.
  14. WeenieHutGeneral New Player

Hello Reyen,

My ign's are Deadly Muffins, Tasty Muffins and Little Muffins. I started playing DC many years ago, but took a break for two years back in 2013. I play with 3 of my cousins (we call ourselves Goof Troop), all very mature, but can joke around and be immature (to an extent) is appropriate. We used to be the leader and officers of another league (Fairy Tail), but due to our break, our league was disbanded. We are looking for a League of friendly people who we will mostly have fun with and spend a lot of time chatting with, but also people who can help us get back into the game. We are all above lvl 30, but may make alt toons in the future to try out all these new powers that have been introduced in our absence. I do have a mic for ps3, but we usualy use skype, which ever is preferred. I know youre not too worried about it, but most of our toons are around 80+ CR so just fyi in advanced. Thankyou.
  15. GabiOpal New Player

I was just going through my PS 3 and I have DCUO as well as the 1 yr. plus Membership and a few dollars in my "wallet" but What I am wondering, is which DLCs would be the ones to get... do I start from the beginning and work my way to current or are there just a few I would need ... being used to having all access, I automatically get them all but I see even with the membership I need to get them separately (that is kinda a bummer) So for a PS3 Newb, which DLCs would you recommend?
  16. Hemmy Committed Player

Well knowing you have a ps3 helps. I'm happy to hear you finally invested in one and as soon as you can it would be great to hear from you on the PS side. My personal recommendation is to see how high we can get you WITHOUT dlc's then once you've hit a block of progress, we can then, and only then, decide which dlc is needed.

In the past, we've gotten several "free to play" players up to almost CR 80 without any dlc's and so I think we can get you there to, fairly quickly in fact. I'll be on the rest of this weekend and would love to start you on your path, and I know that you probably want to get started to, so the faster we can get in contact, the faster this will happen. Hope to talk to you soon!
  17. Kodyap1293 New Player

Hey. I've been looking for a League who actually helps out the lower tier members. After reading about yours, I thought it would be perfect!

I have a Level 30 Electrical Healer. (Name: Kodyap1294) CR: 36 for now.
    I do have a mic, and I'd like to believe I am pretty mature.

A little about myself? Well, there's not much to tell. I'm seventeen years old, I am a bit of an artist. I love cooking and plan to make a career out of it. I play a lot of video games. I don't talk much unless spoken to. I enjoy helping out those who need me to which is why I enjoy playing healer.

I'm a pretty regular player. I get on almost everyday and play with a couple of friends of mine, though they are quite a bit ahead of me and don't play as often, so I want someone to play with when they aren't around.

I do hope I get to join you guys! I'll contribute as much as I can if so, and if not. I understand. Thanks!
  18. Hemmy Committed Player

Alright well I think you'd be more than welcome but I do want to reiterate and clarify something: The way things work (usually) is we all talk and mess around in league chat (voice and text) and start conversations about what needs to be done and take the piss out of each other. If your only interaction with the rest of us results from having to address you individually then I'm not sure you'll be able to get our attention that often. If staying silent is more your thing then great! More power to you, however it might result in us being less likely to help you over someone we know and have talked to for a while.
    Even something like "Hey does someone mind running X alert or X raid quick?" The answer will almost always be yes. BUT If someone else is asking the exact same thing, but we know them because they've participated in chat and talked to us, we are far more likely to help them because we've formed a sort of connection, regardless of how brief it is.
    So I'd be more than happy to invite you into the league provided you're okay with they above. If not, and you want to keep searching then I wish you the best of luck. If you still think you want to join then I just have one more question for you, are you a "free to play" player, premium, legendary? I only ask because it helps us understand what we can help you with and to what CR we can expect you to reach with our help :p

(as you'll see in above posts a free-to-play player can get to about 70-something CR without ever needing a DLC, [but with a lot of work] however our famous example is always Satu, who got from creating a character to CR 100 in about a week and a half, maybe two.)

PS sorry about all the parenthetical statements in there, kinda got carried away. Talk to you soon!
  19. Arksun New Player

Hey there, i am a returning player from when electric just came out... I have multiple 30's but no longer wish to play them so i am starting a rage toon, that is already level 12. But i do have 30's. I used to be a part of meta justice back in the day, as well as ps3reapers but since i have been gone for quite some time i have lost my spot in those leagues. so i wish to find another league with great people who know how to have fun, and can possibly help me learn more about my class so i can then return the favor later on down the line for some other poor sap lol. I used to play world of warcraft religiously but it got to the point of running my guild costing me to much time to not be able to enjoy the game. so i stopped pc alltogether and wanted to try to rekindle my love for my playstation system. so here i am. if you have any other questions feel free to add me on psn : forsakenpain or get ahold of me on here.. (Just dont message my psn, its been bugged for a month now and cant receive messages...just invites/party's)

i mainly am looking for a tight knit group of people who enjoy eachothers company, long walks/Flights across metropolis/gotham, and the occasional villian face smashing while sipping on soder cola extreme's. and people who play some other games :p
  20. Kodyap1293 New Player

I'm totally fine with that. My quietness only stands in personal (mostly group) conversations. If I see someone who needs help, then I would gladly offer my support.

I am premium.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.