Downtime US Server Downtime - April 3, 2015

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealDc Boy New Player

I'm just going to use both. Thanks though.
  2. HawkEyes~HzT New Player

3. QuantifiedICE Active Player

i hear that! people so often do not understand that in order to do an update the servers have to be taken down, you CANNOT avoid that. In addition people, STOP begging for the game to be back up, if you have ever installed an OS on a computer, you know that things do not always go smoothly, yet if you have not done anything like installing then shush please. I am trying to be nice here. You wouldnt take your car to a mechanic that could fix a hose leak with duct tape in a few minutes rather than replace the hose. I mean, seriously people, its just a game.

Take this downtime to get out of your chairs and go into the sunlight, you know that thing in the sky that provides light, or if you play at night go enjoy the stars or something. Im getting tired of all the players that complain on here and manage to change devs minds about how to play the game when its you same people that whine about the game being down. I wish the Devs would listen more to the endgame players that actually spend time farming feats, sp, and test out the powers for them on the test servers. To all you DCUO players out there, just enjoy the game, glitches happen, repairs are needed, and upgrades need to take place or the game WILL die.

What will you all do when the inevitable day comes that the game is no longer around, some i imagine would curl up in a fetal position and not eat for days.

Sorry for the rant but just chill out people.
  4. TaylorSwift New Player

LOL, who said they gave it 6 hours earlier? Close! :p Whatever though, the world was loading slow as **** and celestial AM was extremely slow in anything but duos. Time to catch up on Scandal.
  5. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Well there goes my evening it'll be after 9pm by the time the server is back for me. Still not going to shoot the messenger, I'm sure you get enough flack for being the bearer of bad news. Thank you for the update.
  6. TaylorSwift New Player

Nice sig BTW. How YOU doin?
  7. QuantifiedICE Active Player

i look at the downtime this way, i can spend time with my daughters more now that i wont be drawn to playing the game :D
    • Like x 1
  8. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Mepps, over the past few months, what is the scorecard for downtime? Counting DDoS attacks and the constant need for maintenance. For people like me who have only a scant few hours to play this game every week, these interruptions are cutting into that time. And since this game has gone live, my guess is that we've lost a considerable amount of playing time due to these constant problems(that's for those who like to bleat the "you're only out 50 cents" meme). We are paying customers who just want to get what we're paying for.
  9. Nature Active Player

4 hrs for restarts and maintenance i thought was a bit long now another 3 hours i would say WOW but im so used to the extremely long shutdowns it does not shock me anymore
  10. BurningSun1221 New Player

About what time will the servers be back up in EDT then?
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

My time to play is when my daughter is down for her nap and before I go to work. I'm getting really tired of this "you can play when we finally fix this game" nonsense because it's never fixed. If a simple update is causing these problems, I can only imagine the issues when crossplay starts. I have a feeling that that is going to make the server merge look like a Sunday school picnic.
  12. Acilllies New Player

I understand that u need to maintain the game but why is it everytime there is a reset or update everything shutsdown for hours! First its 4 hours then its 7 hours and after startup we have to deal with all the bugs!
  13. Morcra Committed Player

this is to fix all the random freezes and other issues ing rit?

i hope so cus that has been very annoying xD
  14. FaLeX Dedicated Player

Sorry.....PS3 is...

[IMG]

;)
    • Like x 2
  15. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Funny how I was on PS4 last night but got all 98 gear :mad:
    • Like x 1
  16. CatParadisee New Player

How long it take's for me im from the netherlands.
  17. BlackSuperGirl Committed Player

Server Down ?? rly ? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
    [IMG]
  18. ultimatex New Player

really bored its Friday and i don't have anything to do right now:(
  19. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Because it happens every single time. EVERY single time. Name me one DLC/update that didn't booger up the game for days on end requiring patches, fixes, and shutdowns? Sure some were better than others but ever since GU4 most updates have been one disaster after another. Makes you wonder what they're using.
  20. HawkEyes~HzT New Player

I want a fixed, working, glitch - bug free game. I have no issue with them taking extra time if needed. I have an issue with the TIME they choose to do it. Why not bring the dev team in at say midnight like most companies with US servers do to minimize game and economical impact.

There is a rather large NON US group of players playing on this server, but do they spend more $$ than the US group?! I do not understand the time frame is all, but glad to see them working to correct issues for this game. I still do not understand the "hardware issue" from the last update because I am in the I.T. field and understand the importance of redundant systems to be in place to cover such issues.( I work for a company much smaller than SOE/Day and we have more than 2 of everything for equipment malfunction issues.)

I'll try and get my daily smashing out later after my sleep and before my graveyard shift. (I.T. does work at night too)
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.