Downtime US Server Downtime - April 3, 2015

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkestKnight New Player

Ah, thank you for telling me. Man, that has to be terrible as a business having multiple hard drives hitting the fan, good thing they had everything backed up. I've had some hard drive failures in my day and they are no fun. I use a laptop as well and it's a gaming laptop the only thing I ever have up on my laptop while gaming is my task manager because I think that maybe it's certain programs maxing out my hard drive causing the lag, but it says down usually except certain programs that pop up, but I end them quickly. Unless the updates are a hit or miss with a lot of US PC users.
  2. RealDc Boy New Player

You do? I tried that but, I don't know a good rotation yet.
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

4. PeaceKeeper101 New Player

Are they fixing the freeze issue I hope so because I haven't played DC for 2 weeks.
  5. Xanoth Dedicated Player

You use both Time and Space, doesn't matter what role, both trees have tools you would use.

DPS is mostly Time (only thing you take from Space is the self buff; Warp Reality) , Control is both but again leaning more towards Time.

In DPS role, you can use the Quantum AM, which is connected to Time Bomb (time tree right side), returning power for each time attack used after time bomb is cast. Quantum DPS does not use Weapon Mastery.
  6. RealDc Boy New Player

Thanks. I'll use both roles then.
  7. DarkestKnight New Player

So crashes could be causing the random short bits of lag? Seems legitimate because of the hard drive failures they had. I just hope every time the game lags they don't lost another hard drive or they should switch to SSD hard drives if that's even an option for them. And they'd have a big problem if that was the case.
  8. Dr. Machflame Active Player

I'll answer them.

Your first question? Last time the world was down was on the day of the last game update...that was over 7 days ago.

Second? Again, last time that happened was when they put out GU46.

Third? It might be over the time that they said, but you you RATHER play a rushed game with features missing or broken that requires a rushed hotfix to fix them?

Fourth, that IS a fair question...but the issues were in no small part due to people rushing the devs to bring the game up. That was why the hotfix was needed to FIX those issues, then they had a hardware failure, something that no one can predict when that is going to happen. The only thing that you can do from there at that point is to replace the failed parts then reboot the server. You should be thankful that the MAIN drive didn't fail.

Fifth? That is actually happening tomorrow. If you'd read, you would know this.

And your last question? No, but I will ask YOU one. Why so harsh on the devs, when they are doing as best as they can TO bring us a working game? I've played games that are in MUCH worse shape than this one.

Before you go opening your mouth...read the forums. You might find a few of your questions answered. And also that the devs are there trying their best to keep us happy...and bring us something that is worth both their time as well as ours. And something that WE can in turn put our money into. Rushing them will NOT allow either to happen.
    • Like x 2
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The downtime for US PC has been extended by an additional three hours.
    • Like x 2
  10. GMS88 New Player

Still no game :(
    My free time is dwindling lol
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

it's not letting me switch
  12. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

wow 7 hours well thanks for the update mepps.
  13. Dr. Machflame Active Player

Thank you Mepps, for taking time to bring us a solid game that will not have any broken features. There are some on here that want to play...and I'm one of them. But I don't like playing a busted game, so take as long as you need in my book!
  14. FallenAngel0606 New Player

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bored waiting.
  15. Keatonleroux325 New Player

really ...
  16. Dr. Machflame Active Player

Don't mention it :D
    • Like x 1
  17. LadyXia New Player

You have to Open Marketplace and claim the SC there's a button on the top right that says claim monly SC reward.
  18. CatParadisee New Player

I will play now! DCUO!!! :(
  19. QuantifiedICE Active Player

the time tree with the AM does more damage than the WM can ever do. Youd be smart to use the time tree...i should know i get 145k crits and average around 85k or so on normal damage. Just ask any quantum dps that knows what they are doing. Also if you are not using 5 different powers for the quantum AM then you are doing less damage than your potential.
  20. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I can't get onto the game to give you my loadout but using both works for me.

And 5 1/2 hours later, world is still down. I'm seriously thinking of buying the DLC bundle and going back to premium.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.