Downtime US Server Downtime - April 3, 2015

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuantifiedICE Active Player

never seen that before----PM means post meridiem (past noon) or afternoon for normal people.
  2. Chessmaster007 New Player

Till 11:00am..?.....How's that working out for ya...???!!!!
  3. QuantifiedICE Active Player

just responding to someone elses post...but thanks for being oh so nice about that
  4. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

Will someone please reboot the Comodore 64 this game server is running on?
    • Like x 1
  5. The Real Impulse New Player

Uh... When do we get the world back on? :mad::mad::mad: MEH
  6. CollKev Well-Known Player

IM STILL FREEZING WHAT DID THE FIX? ITS EVEN WORSE THAN BEFORE NOW. EVERY 5 MINUTE
  7. bengrimm99 New Player

More downtime...kinda becoming a thing here. Twice in two weeks, and on my day off no less. Thx.
  8. camramatic101 New Player

What are you doing exactly?
  9. GeeELl New Player

I don't know. I'll say this.

I work in IT. I deal with computers and servers and networking. All of it. I get that hardware fails...and I'm fine with that.

I will say this

1: It is VERY VERY VERY questionable that MULTIPLE drives failed in a RAID array at the same time. The odds are almost IMPOSSIBLE to calculate. The point of a RAID array is the redundancy. If you're monitoring...you should KNOW when 1 drive goes down and every admin worth their money would say "Replace that drive RIGHT AWAY"...and it would impact performance. However...if the RAID controller (which handles how the drives communicate and write data) went down...that WOULD result in catastrophic failure....and require some real work to repair. I get that...but it isn't what they said.

2: I do not for the life of me understand how they justify patching or having a maintenance window on a Friday. You do maintenance during 'off-peak' hours. It's why they reset at 7AM Eastern. The East coasters are usually running to work and the West coasters tend to pass out by 4AM. However...in my experience...unless it's been to head off something HUGE...I would NEVER do a maintenance on a Friday. It means monitoring and possibly working THROUGH the weekend.
    • Like x 2
  10. GeeELl New Player

Finally...I'll say this
    In addition...today IS a holiday for some and I'm sorry...but a lot of gamers (myself included) had no plans except to enjoy my 'bonus day off' by maybe gaming. It IS a prime time. If indeed they're doing maintenance tomorrow too...that's INSANE. Take the servers down on a Tuesday or Wednesday...but not on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

I'm not slamming the devs. It's possible they NEEDED to do something...but for me...I'd like to see a change made in how they handle these windows.
    • Like x 5
  11. DarkAngel1287 New Player

its always the USPC that takes the longest to work on and get bk up and running,they need to get their **** together or they are gonna end up having to face loosing a lot of ppl in this game cuz they have no idea what there doing,now I for one think this is ridiculous and shouldn't be happening everyday of every week if there so called "know what there doing"! yes I understand the game may need maintenance,but come on now not every damn day! FFS
  12. STRIKER New Player

I'm with ya there this is a holiday and all we want to do is play one of our fun games yet this being extended to 1 am tomarrow this is BS and im sorry but couldnt they have done this one a week day. I,with many other people, am pissed.
    • Like x 1
  13. denverweise Well-Known Player

it's not about being number one, it's about groups not taking in dps other than quantum or celestial...because well...Why would you? Weapon mastery + AM on other powers still don't compete...DPS is way unbalanced with those 2 powers on top by a long shot. I would like if the powers were balanced, but that would just make the game better after all...
  14. DarkestKnight New Player

Random, but did anyone notice Mepps Batman picture is reversed compared to other member's Batman picture? (just noticed it and it blew my mind a bit)
    • Like x 1
  15. Red Jenni Loyal Player

I have never noticed that. Awesome.
  16. Lizardrus New Player

Guess it's time to go back to the comics. lol
  17. FizzyDe New Player

18. metalfenix Committed Player

Now that you mention it, it's really weird. He could have asked for a more "custom" avatar though :D
  19. LoArlequin Well-Known Player

I wanna be patience.
    But to be honest it will help greatly if the devs could tell us what this downtime is about.

I waited for the GU, like everyone else cuz I wanted the bundle, the rage AM and I have waited for things I want.

Why am I waiting this time?
  20. FizzyDe New Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.