Dev Discussion Update: Time Capsules, Quarks, and Costs

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlequin Devoted Player

How? Please enlighten us.
  2. krytine Loyal Player

Ok
    Ok
    1. Improve drop rates of items
    2. Limit the amount items can be set for on the broker
    3. Limit the amount of cash that can be transferred between players and toons.
    4. Combine all cash amounts to 1 account bound
    5. Ban up addresses of gold sellers
    6. Limit trade of cash to above lol 30s
    But dc isn't going to do any of that
    • Like x 1
  3. krytine Loyal Player

To improve drop rates doesn't mean making something common. But each step will make it more difficult for players to control the market. Dc has in the past made an item rare for months at a time but then cycled out making a common item the more rare item. By limiting how much can be transferred between toons at 1 time you make it more of a pain for the gold sellers to complete there transactions by making it lvl30 and up that now targets players and not bots that just g3t off of the ships. By making money account bound the top 1 percent of players with money will be cut. They won't have that much on every toon making each toon its own economic bank
  4. ragdus New Player

It's an exaggeration, but it's not really a lie.

I RP as a Batman character primarily. I've had this toon since day 1, but since none of my real world friends play DCUO, I mostly do my own thing in-game. While I've certainly run many duos, alerts, and raids over the years, it's nothing like you'd imagine for a toon that this old. And I'm a maybe 8 hour/week player at most, with several stints lasting months where I was completely absent from the game.

With the rollout of the combat rating, I was always way behind the curve because I wasn't grinding gear. I picked some up occasionally, but up until just before amazon time capsules, I was sitting at CR 116-ish (I remember that number specifically because I sat there a long time). But then I had more disposable income and I started whaling it up buying stablizers, and I got up to CR 182 now with very little effort put into actually playing content. I spend most of my time working the AH for deals, using that profit to buy stuff for cosmetics (the bonus being my CR is getting jacked as well), and spending in the marketplace for stabilizers.

Going from 116 to 182 with almost no effort is totally doable. It's not that hard to get to 116 these days, so the jump from new to 182 isn't that hard. And I know full well the amount of TC gear I've sold rather thank put to use could have kept my gear progression going much further than where it is.
  5. Wonder Gyrl New Player

I have been through that alert SEVERAL times before this "stats revamp". I know the mechanics. I know how to "follow the mechanics" of that alert. The issue is the mobs have been buffed up to the point that I can't keep everyone healed without a tank in there with me. Not my fault that there aren't enough tanks out there anymore to make sure every group gets a tank in it. 3 dps and a healer will not do it. I know this. But used to be that we COULD get through it if we didn't end up with a tank.
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There is a world of a difference between going from 1-30 and then jumping straight to tier 8 solely on Time Capsule gear vs going from cr116 to cr182 with a combo of drop gear, vendor gear and TC gear. To say it is possible to get to tier with ONLY TC gear straight from cr30 as quickly as people claim...until somebody does a video doing exactly that without ONE SINGLE PIECE of drop or vendor gear, i'm calling total BS.

You're not going to tell me that some guy who just started yesterday is gonna make that cr climb with TC gear alone if he has to deal with all that RNG and doesn't know how to work the broker yet. What was stated may not have been an outright lie, but it damn sure is mis-information when they leave out VERY pertinent info. If you get lucky with the right pieces you can make your cr jump pretty quickly...and that's if you're already higher. But hey, want to shut me up permanently...prove me wrong. Words alone aren't going to convince me of what I know, proof will do that. And mind you, if you're an established player who has a stash of in-game cash, you're already way ahead of the game compared to some noobie with his credit card out. .
  7. ragdus New Player

A new person can pay to jump right to CR 100, and from there it doesn't take a genius to figure out how quickly you can progress via TCs. Once you decide you're then willing to pay for stabilizers, it's not that tough.

Granted, yes I have a ton of AH loot so i freely admit I'm ahead of the curve compared to noobs (PS thanks to whomever was listing Gotham TCs in the AH at 4k/per on Sunday, you made me a lot of money). But again the only inhibitor for them is getting TCs. But Hell if they're going to pay for CR100 and pay for stabilizers, they're prob willing to pay for in game cash too to just buy TCs. This may all sound far-fetched, but think about the direction the game is going. They're taking it this direction because it makes money, so people are, in fact, doing this.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Paying to jump to cr100 and then using TC gear to get further up is NOT the same as going from level 30 and ONLY using TC gear to get to end game. That's the claim that was made. You keep changing the parameters which OBVIOUSLY makes it easier to get to end game quickly...DUH!!!

That's not even the argument....so let me state it once again: You can't be brand new to the game and go from level30/cr32 straight to T8 by just opening up a bunch of time capsules alone....the process is painfully slow and stupid expensive. It would require you to spend a ridiculous amount of time killing things to get time capsules to open, and a ridiculous amount of luck to beat that RNG (you'll get more hands/waist/feet pieces than you will head/back/chest). While they want people to advance quickly, they made sure that a brand new person couldn't just do it as easily as some people are claiming it is.

If you change the argument to someone who has a lot of in-game money from alts, then it is no longer the same argument and all the silly talking points are moot. Anyone worried that this could become a problem is making a huge mountain out of a tiny molehill. If anyone is doing that, who cares???? Bringing up the cr100 token is pointless as the argument was never about that. That's another thing altogether.

Listen, I love debating as much as the next person, and if you have a solid fact based argument i'll entertain what you have to say. When you start changing the parameters or moving the goalposts, you start showing that your argument holds no merit whatsoever. In other words, nice try, but my point still stands.
  9. ragdus New Player

Chill man. I'm not changing goalposts, as I just chimed in and didn't start the convo. If I misinterpreted the dialogue, then it was just that: a misinterpretation.

For clarity's sake, I'd like to point out that I was never talking about leveling alts.

At the end of the day my thesis is: With real world cash and essentially no meaningful gameplay, I posit that anyone can take a new toon to end game lvl CR in a relatively short amount of time.

If we choose not to define that as easy, then fair enough. But my take is that it's easily doable if you want to blow the necessary money to do it, I believe the changes to the game demonstrate that the devs believe that to be true as well, and that they are milking it for all it's worth.
  10. recoil Committed Player

the quarks WOULD improve stabilizer sales since if you open up enough capsules now you can basically get what you want. if the devs and daybreak play their cards right they could see stabilizer sales go through the roof. BUT they'll have to watch going over board if they do put the past capsule styles in the vendor. cause putting styles that players wanted as far back as amazon capsules or farther and didn't get from them in the vendor for 10,000 something quarks would cause players to riot. but if they put the styles in for say 500 quarks then they'd most definitely see sales increase.
  11. recoil Committed Player

i'd even go as far as limiting it to 300 for individual style pieces. that or cycle in the capsules every 2 months with item rarity flipped. personally i'd prefer past materials and styles/auras in the space time vendor for say 300 quarks each.
  12. recoil Committed Player

also as somebody else noted on a different thread basically everything is off limits to premiums. so all the future prices should be at or under the 2k cap for premiums otherwise it does nothing to sooth the "aw i got nothing" moment. some of the premium players did pay for a year subscription after all including myself soon to be come december. i have a feeling that by time they do update the space time vendor everybody will be pretty much in the same boat status wise.
  13. john333 New Player

pls sell the game... we need devs with brain and not lier they ruin this game for fast money.

feats for money... this game die, and if u think player spend tons of money over years to get this feats u are stupid.
    • Like x 1
  14. Pouncers New Player

There Are Feats Attached To The Game (Alerts, Duos, Raids) That People Don’t Get. That’s Optional. People Running Around With Less Than 100 Skill Points But Worried About Other People Getting Carried In Alerts & Raids.
  15. Gailith001 New Player

The quark system has its pros and cons but, I like the idea that it is here for the one reason that I can use the quarks to purchase the crafting kits. It is hard to salvage gear and only get a complex her or a simple there and end up with more trash that you have to sell. It is also disheartening that you take weeks or longer to get like 4 to 5 stacks of complex and as much in simples only to see them disappear when you make just one mod as they use far too many for the slow demand it takes to collect them. It is even more for crafting the base generator mods that cost 2 stacks of complex and u to 4 stacks of simples more or less. So the quark system is very good in that you can buy at least 2 stacks of complex and 3 stacks of simples although the price is a little high than it should be. Maybe they should lower that price of the crafting kits or if they want to keep it that high then make the amounts higher than the 2 stacks complex and 3 stacks simple.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.