Dev Discussion Update: Time Capsules, Quarks, and Costs

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

Thats outrageous dude... 400 dollars for nothing... And the new quark vendor is useless atm
    • Like x 3
  2. Kyza Level 30

Funny how this quark nonsense came from no where with new shiny outrageously priced garbage but real additions to the game like alternate progression is hushed and teased for years just to keep people around to tempt them to spend money on outrageously priced garbage. Any new info on alternate progression ??? Does it even exist ?
    • Like x 3
  3. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

What about such a fantastic post and it had so many likes? Anything.
    Thank you, just this, thank you very much for all this, you spoke for all of us, everything is clear as water.
    Charmed Legacy I think we all love you now.

Now going to the devs, Mepps I'll try to be the clearest and most direct, but with all respect: nothing you're reading here does not affect the developer team at all?
    We are tired.
    We ask for simpler things and more gameplay worries, you can understand that the only concern is to make more sales for the few remaining whalers.
    You Mepps and all the other development staff are from the MMO branch, you understand better than any player here which means the numbers that we just "feel" in game. Minutes to find a dps or anything to go a 4 players alert. Hardly anyone for content outside of the "new DLC", dissatisfaction, leagues breaking, finishing, players of 6 years of game, who gave support, who bought everything they could and sometimes more just ... Leaving.
    Any conversation within the game channels in the Wacthtower shout or other always shows discouraged, sad, angry players.
    Voices from dev came to tell you that the way Time Capsules was implemented was wrong, that the feats would be reviewed, that they would study a way to apply them to the game.
    Revamped a lot of things, improvements, Revamp helped a lot, I'm a Stats Revamp enthusiast but still left flaws (Sorcery and Mental all things are good for you? Hello Light!) But Stats Revamp itself is not enough when you have one game that stopped being free, to be a pay to play and is striding to pay to win!
    Old players are no longer hungry for boredom, contempt, apathy.
    We now play to have a specific item to have something that gives feat (50pts !!!!) or to have something brilliant or omnipotence and only, without big challenges, without dozens of feats, no big news, just this: kill 410, kill 411, kill 333, get 700, 8000 1000 coins, go to the brokers.
    I only ask you to read each of the complaints with affection, are real perceptions, do not think that we are a few annoying in a forum complaining about the absurd price of Quark materials, no, we just do not accept having to pay for a feat (we do not buy the material and yes the feat!) without any feat you put in the value you want, because you can have it optional, but with feat nothing is optional, it's no use you insist that it is, that does not change reality.
    Enough to make TC priority, no more feats attachments, you are killing the game because you are taking players out of it!
    They seem to give the impression that they prefer a game with a hundred players who spend 200 dollars on their shiny nonsense than twenty or thirty thousand subscribing.
    The actions of you do not give us return, are as I read somewhere here made in total disconnection with the community of players, we go to one side, you to the other, we go out, the game is over.
    Do not let the game end, read, reflect and find consensus, there must be a way to make capital without saying to all players: the game is over.
    Enough to make TC priority, no more feats attachments, you are killing the game because you are taking players out of it!
    They seem to give the impression that they prefer a game with a hundred players who spend 200 dollars on their shiny nonsense than twenty or thirty thousand subscribing.
    The actions of you do not give us return, are as I read somewhere here made in total disconnection with the community of players, we go to one side, you to the other, we go out, the game is over.
    Do not let the game end, read, reflect and find consensus, there must be a way to make capital without saying to all players: the game is over.
    I put this with a lot of respect for your work and with a lot of affection for this game, I hope that after so many feedbacks something will change (really change) and just, hugs to everyone in the community.
    • Like x 3
  4. recoil Committed Player

quite frankly i think the stabilizer event is a bit outdated. it was sort of outdated when it was implemented beside frequently dropping capsules. the way i see it now that we have stuff to farm on top of what was already in capsules it would be much more reasonably for f2p to get 1 stabilizer, premiums get 2, and legendaries get 3. i believe 3 stabilizers a day would probably cause alot of the player populace holding out on subbing to sub. but by now daybreak has got to admit that some players just can't afford to sink cash into this game. some just can't, get over it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yes it exists. They showed the inventory during the last live stream and there was a new "Upgrade" tab where the base item inventory tab used to be. So it exists, we just don't yet know what it is. People also need to understand that the people who work on new cosmetic items are not necessarily the same people that work on things like alternate progression. These things can be worked on side by side, it's not a "one or the other" situation.
    • Like x 1
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Much better? LOL Ep29 was riddled with bugs. The halloween event had multiple bugs the 1st day and 1 was still there from last year even tho it was reported multiple times. Even the quark vendor didnt have all the items. They tried to give us a free mark daily for ep29 and that was broken the 1st day. I think u fail to see some of this stuff. I listed a ton of bugs in another thread and the total atm is over 30 since ep29 went live. And u say people make blanket statements and people on here dont speak for everyone but then say "most ingame players buy the heck out of TC keys." U have no idea if thats true.

Gonna break this down for ya. If it costs them $10k to create a new TC, example #s btw, and 500 players spend $20k on keys guess what? They doubled their investment. And thats only $40 from each of those 500 players but we know some spend much much more then that. Most companies call doubling their money an enormous success. Now are 500 players the majority of this game? Even close to the majority? We all know the answer is no. This of course is all just an example because we dont know the #s, but im sure u get the point.

But besides all that, im interested to hear WHY u love TCs. Is it the styles? Ok well couldnt iconic styles be in the game as vendor gear, brief rewards, collection rewards, or on the MP? Of course they can. Auras? We have auras ingame and they have been in BBs that sold well, according to the people selling them, and most importantly they had no feats ;) So besides the new styles, which ive showed we could get those other ways and have in the past, what exactly do ya love about TCs? Im seriously asking. Because they have driven away many many players that i personally know about which obviously doesnt include the ones i dont know about. I certainly wouldnt call that better.
    • Like x 2
  7. Kyza Level 30

You seen an upgrade tab so it exists? and yes im sure quarks was hinted and teased for well over a year, i never asked how they delegate their resources, i care that they keep peoples interest by teasing them with game changes people want...UI etc but yet it never seems to happen, or we have to keep paying whilst they take 2 years to figure stuff out and implement it.
    this is a sinking ship only kept afloat by people happy to pay for a backwards broken MMO... Also im still waiting on something solid for alternate progression, not fanboy responses from people buying 100 stabilizers a month ruining this game...sorry i mean you have already destroyed this game.
    • Like x 3
  8. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

*blushes* Thanks!

I honestly think they are immune to my emotional rants after 9 months of Stats Revamp testing lol.
  9. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I used to recommend DCUO to my buddies and gamers I knew but with the state its in I almost cringe and hardly mention it.
    • Like x 5
  10. Sorcery Dps New Player

Make the blue smoke material tradeable, I didnt spend $400 just to not be able to trade it.
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

No, of course they're not the same people. But the company does choose, because they decide how big the team is for each side of the coin. They decide how much to spend on the workforce for this, and how many people to hire for that. So in reality they do decide where the money goes.
  12. DC Urban Committed Player

It is in this state because it is a failed mmo. Look at the red flags people.

The game was P2P, then quickly went f2p

In the past, we could talk about any game we want in the off topic section, for years....upon the introduction of TC, all that changed...Every thread was deleted:eek: It would be different if we never could, but at one point, we did...

Lockboxes were killed in favor of TC.

The MP was killed in favor of TC. What mmo kills their MP?:eek:

I don't recommend this game, nor do I attempt is persuade others not to play it. I would simply ask my friends for money before recommending this game, I mean, if they are going to throw money away, might as-well be thrown at their homeboy.

I dislike the dictatorship and TC oppression.
    • Like x 4
  13. Pouncers New Player

What is the max amount of quarks you can have?
  14. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Well, bought some stabilizers (I'm ashamed at how many lol), honestly, I remember getting a lot more collections before this latest update. Got a **** ton of shim-tar gear though (mostly gloves and belts, oh and a bunch of worthless emblems :mad: ). Guess it would've been a good haul if that's what I was after. Does it seem like collections are getting ridiculously hard to come by lately, both in TC's and in-game? Like, please be a glitch, I hope it's a glitch.

...........sigh, working as intended.? :(
  15. recoil Committed Player

some where around 99,999 according to a league mate.
  16. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

Dear Mepps,

I do not agree with these statements. I would like to comprehend how the capsule system is qualified as an "option" when indeed there are Feats tied to them. Will you please explain how I can fully progress my toon without using the Capsule System?

Thank you
    • Like x 2
  17. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

AMEN
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  18. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Mepps they do not speak for all,of the gaming community. Ifthey choose to not buy stabilizers or save them, that is on them. Im tired of these guys crying bout stuff and then you guys change stuff but in that change, take away something else that was positve....leave it alone! TCs are not mandatory for progression! I do not pvp so i choose not to get those sp...it sucks so i dont do it, yet i still manage to have 314 SP. STOP CATERING TO THE FEW!
  19. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

Im sorry, what? Time Capsules are mandatory for progression because they have feats attached to them.
    • Like x 1
  20. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

Yes please, i would love an answer to this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.