Dev Discussion Update: Time Capsules, Quarks, and Costs

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarif Committed Player

Not much money at all if the pieces are bought off the broker, hell the vault everyday will scale players just enough now for end game. Whats stopping them. Our Stats sure as hell aint mattering much at all right now. Not how they have always been intended. Years of grinding feats, paying for memberships, market place items, and we get cash grab after cash grab instead of addressing the imbalances to our game. Smh.
    • Like x 5
  2. Riddim7 Active Player

Oh Charmed, i see you are in point which i was few months ago when decided to cancel sub and uninstall game. So many people from league stop playing regulary after TC and when that insane grind begin. Back in days loved every week raids and daily alerts and lately from old team left only you and Kari and Gib from time to time and fun of running raids was replaced with constant insane grind for stabilizers, materials and money for stuff from broker.
    Sadly at some point lose hope that this grind fest will finish and game be same good as it was before.
    Like for me enough was enough.
    Anyway take care Charmed and have fun of DCUO, if that possible.
    • Like x 9
  3. Tarif Committed Player

Want to bet it wont matter? Our games better than its ever been? What world are you living on? Our game is more imblanced than it has ever been. People are leaving in droves, and all we keep getting are cash grabs after outrageous cash grabs instead of them addressing the problems with our game right now!
    • Like x 4
  4. Caroline Dedicated Player

Tarnamid, is that you?

If yes, I miss you a lot bud.
    • Like x 1
  5. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I miss you Buu!!!! I sure would love to see some familiar faces come back to the game including yours! It would give me a little incentive to play more, and I would actually have some fun in the game again. I hope all is well with you, and when you pop in the forums send me a PM and let me know how you are doing!

You take care too!
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

4000 is the base price. After the member discount is applied it's now 3,599 Quarks (I checked to make sure), so for members it was reduced by 1,530 Quarks.
    • Like x 2
  7. HarryHell Well-Known Player

I'm sorry but this statement makes you either a whaler, or just like the lottery feats. However if you are not a whaler, than your either happy with not getting a lot of feats, or you play the game more than almost any other to get the money to buy off broker, seeing you not complaining about the vendor makes it more probable that you are a whaler.
    Off course i may be wrong, if im not congratz to you having so much money to blow away on a game.

I actually believes the devs are manipulating people with this "listening to people" they have done. It's a known strategy, make it really expensive, people complaing, reduce the price (still very expensive) and people stop complaining. If done right this strategy works with most crowds, in everything from warfare to volume controlling music at a party, allthough for most people it's not working here.
    I disagree with you in your statement "Yet things have been much better lately", the descission makers either snub us, or corrupts our wishes to something we never really asked for (like the vendor that does not make tc's anything else than more unfair).

Well your right, hating the devs does nothing, its not mepps's fault it is this way, he doesn't do these descissions on his own. It is however daybreak and dcuo descission makers fault. They are probably under a lot of pressure, but running a company this way makes its customers unhappy and angry, so mepps and the other devs on forums are actually paid to handle the "angry customers" being their voice will have. Customers voicing their feelings towards what is done, good or bad is the only way we might get changes. However in the end only money talks, daybreak not getting money from dcuo will make them demand a change, or its the end of the game, most customers (players) does not want this game to end, but get better and do better descissions, ergo the voicing of their feelings.

Don't forget that most players active on forums have invested large amounts of time and money in this game.
    • Like x 5
  8. Tarif Committed Player

Only? Lmfao. The most expensive items best go down a whole hell of a lot more than that garbage. At the bare minimum of ten per capsule, thats roughly 360 capsules at $1 a piece. $360 dollars for one of these items???

Yeah...Um...NOPE!!!
    • Like x 1
  9. Juggalossus Well-Known Player

I'm not sure anybody has pointed out the psychological baiting that they are also doing.
    In bold, Mepps states that the vendor items will Change AND be Added to in the future. Which is a red flag that means they MAY remove these items. Which plays to the impulse of "I Need It Now". So you can save for 4 years without buying the $1 dollar keys, but by the time you've saved enough, the item may no longer be there. So you are best off playing with there Slot Machine system and try and get the item now, impulsively spending the $400 outright.
    While they never say that they will remove items, they will also never Guarantee the longevity of any items in the vendor...
    • Like x 5
  10. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Any word on when the cash will be fixed on the time capsules? And have the old time capsules been updated to only give the gear or collection boxes? The text on them haven't been updated it looks like.
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Cash was intended to be removed sadly. And yes they have been updated
    • Like x 1
  12. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Damn, I at least liked the cash it gave. :(
  13. recoil Committed Player

the biggest problem is even legendaries have to wait 3 days to open 1 capsule if no money is spent. if that's the system they want to keep in the capsules then they will have to lower quark prices to triple digits for it to be fair and acceptable especially if they put the capsule styles in the vendor in the future. however the alternative is to keep quark prices at quadruple digits but upgrade the stabilizer event so that it gives out 1 stabilizer a day per run. everybody keeps saying you can hit the jack pot and win 100 quarks but this is not really the case if a capsule is opened every 3 days. all the players hitting the jack pot are the ones opening 5 to 10 or more at a time. other wise it's just 23. at 10-23 quarks per capsule that'd be 5-10 capsules to reach 100 quarks and little less than 100 capsules to reach 1,000.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This actually sounds like a good idea. You show the best/most desirable items in the MP (like Phoenix Material for example) and then people see the "For Members Only" tag..."so subscribe today".
    • Like x 3
  15. kraptastic Well-Known Player

I believe they want to see because they think the money they are paying is going to other games.

I mean seriously....we went from monthly back to every 3 months so the quality would improve. But look at this dlc...all recycled but the raid. Imagine if your a non replayers like me. One new thing per week...every other recycled. Doing a duo backwards isn't new. Going to a PvP map in an alert isn't new. Adding cameras to a leveling up mission isn't new...heck they even kept the safe the same.
    If TC are making them money and the playerbase is still "super great".... Then why so much recycling? If it isn't because of money (per them tc is great revenue) and it isn't because of player loss (per them it's doing great). Then that only leaves one reason....a lack of vision and creativity by the current designers and an inability to design and come up with new ideas.
    I love this game and honestly want to know why everything is so recycled. What do you believe is causing it? Do they need to hire more developers? That is what I thought the extra revenue from TC was going to...but we are deep into TC and so far not a peep.
    • Like x 2
  16. ghosts Well-Known Player

I like this idea as well, if they replaced their gambling based business model with the idea the user you quoted proposed I would consider renewing my membership after it expires
    It makes me wonder though, what about premium users? Maybe they could make the items available to them as well and offer a discount on those items to subscribed users

It's all a moot point though since I do not really see them changing their business model, even if it "costs" them loyal veteran players. Their business is directed at the people who spend money on impulse regardless of how much time they spend actually playing the game
    • Like x 1
  17. SkullGang Devoted Player

$360 for a cosmetic item ? Its like you guys have no conscious.
    • Like x 4
  18. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

This is ridiculous. I opened up 450 arcane time capsules and got about 90 arcane collectors capsules, and i didnt get not ONE Bloody knife that i needed. Now what happened there devs?
    • Like x 2
  19. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Working as intended;)
    • Like x 2
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:

prices are exorbitantly...
    further reductions planned?
    divide every price by ten....
    then we call it reasonable!
    • Like x 3
Thread Status: