Dev Discussion Update: Time Capsules, Quarks, and Costs

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

The important thing is they can say they listen to the community.
    • Like x 1
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Requoted for serious emphasis. Nothing left really needs to be said after this. When your hardcore 300+ sp players start questioning their subs, you know it's bad news.
    • Like x 5
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

This guy is opening 100 Time Capsules :rolleyes:

4. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

You guys are so out of touch with the community. The price drop of the material is a joke.
    • Like x 2
  5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

but the Q vendor does have a feat...so i was told...
  6. Sorcery Dps New Player

@Mepps, I spent $900 today on time capsules and now i got 12k quarks almost 13k and I was wondering if the materials will ever be trade able from the vendor?
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Wow so it only dropped to 4,000 quarks.

disgusting, I thought time capsules were a low point in this game in general, but after 6 years I see we clearly hasn't reached bottom of the barrel yet, there's still lows that can be stooped too.

Absolutely, absolutely disgusting, I honestly don't know how you don't look at this pricing as a development team and feel ashamed.

I mean do you honestly sit there in an office and go, "good work guys these cosmetics are awesome, let's sell it for $250 each... I mean good god...

no words describe how atrocious this is.

[IMG]
    • Like x 12
  8. Perdition Committed Player

and why is this your problem? :)
    • Like x 2
  9. Perdition Committed Player

good, now drop the price from 4000 to 2500 and i might consider saving for it over a course of a couple years (that if the lights are still on)
    • Like x 5
  10. Op argillite Active Player

in my opinion when you tie feats to time capsules thats not optional, that breaks the unwritten rule of micro transactions which is dont make people feel obligated to buy them. my example is that even if you spend $112 a year on legendary you cant complete every feat in the game and this is unacceptable.
    • Like x 2
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

Mepps, I appreciate your post, and it's nice that finally the anger surrounding feats in this stuff has been acknowledged.

You haven't gone far enough in your response in reducing it to one item with a feat. Particularly as it's the most expensive item.

We do not want to feel forced to buy stabilizers to get feats. Any of them. Zero.

Tell comic book guy to give you $100 and in exchange, you might get him a comic he really needs. Make a mental note of the look on his face. Then pretend you've done that to him every 8 weeks for a year. THAT is how your players feel.
    • Like x 7
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

I would imagine the comic book guys face would look something like this....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I thought the Beyond style would be 182 Item Level? They are 180 and I'm 211 cr.

I was going to make it my healer gear.
  14. Vesper Dedicated Player

I wanna know where this mythical "10-100" quark drop rate is. Because I am certainly not seeing it. I opened 6 capsules tonight. I got 10 quarks on EACH ONE. 10. On. Each.

We all saw the run of 13 over n over on LiveStream. Y'all said "that doesn't look right" and y'all would "check into that". So fix this! If it really is a drop rate of 10 - 100, then we should be seeing players REGULARLY get numbers in the 30s - 60s. Of nearly 20 I've opened, I've had 22 once. ALL the rest have been under 20, and ALL of the ones tonight were 10 each.

What *exactly* is the drop-rate of quarks? Because right now, this doesn't look right. Y'all need to check into that.
    • Like x 1
  15. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Have the old time capsules been updated so we only get gear boxes or the collection boxes?

I want to try and get the Future Crusader styles. I need the Head/Chest/Back/Feet :(

Plus, will the Anniversary and Starro events return? I found out that I cannot do the Life Shell or Conqueror set with these events. :(
  16. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Can Time Capsules please give the 5000 cash for opening them? Where the cash at?

Oh, if I had one request. I wish time capsules gave 25,000 cash ever time you open them. :oops:

That would be great. :)
  17. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I've followed this thread since you created it trying to decide the best way to word what I want to say and waiting to see a price update. I have no idea really where to begin and this may be slightly scattered, but it's early so don't judge me.

The Development team continuously tries to emphasize that Time Capsules are optional and they really are not if you look at the mindset of the community as well as other factors you all have implemented.

Booster Bundles WERE optional. When you put out a Booster Bundle we had the option to participate in them trying to obtain the new Original item or not because there was 0 feats attached to Booster Bundles. That is what optional looks like. Loads of people like myself loved buying booster bundles because they came stuff that was actually useful, and you still got something "shiny" whether it was the OG item or not. If you liked the aura you got keep it, if you didn't sell it on broker. It was no big deal if you didn't like it to get rid of it.

Time Capsules however are not optional because of the feats and roughly 4-5 SP attached to each one. You can't watch the livestream of new Time Capsules and think to yourself "hmmm I don't really like that so I won't do this one". All you can sit back and think is FML here we go again..I HAVE to try to get these or that's 4-5 SP I won't have..It doesn't matter if you like it or not there's feats and feats make SP, and when it comes to Time Capsules those SP add up quickly.

Stats Matter recently launched and that contributes to this problem. People then have the mindset "I need these feats and 4-5 SP more than I did before because NOW stats matter". You all see this as an "additional means" for those people with lower SP to "catch up" to end game players SP in a sense, and I don't even know if you realize what it's doing to your end game players.

End game content starting with AF3 has been nothing more than a Replay Badge spam fest of grind. Everything in end game has LOADS of grind and RnG behind it and implementing Time Capsules on top of that is like adding insult to injury. You have vendor gear that has outrageous prices, and then OP collections that costed almost as much as the gear set. You all say "OP items are optional and for the people who want extra". Again that's wrong. This comes back to the feats attached to them as well as the stats that now matter. AF3 had 1 SP attached to OP items, AoJ had 1.5 SP attached to OP items, and this DLC the OP item collection piece costs as much as the gear set. When you have completionist and people who care about their toon's progression this is capitalizing on that mindset and exploiting it.

So to sum that up once you reach end game starting with AF3 you have to grind for materials, grind for essence, grind for more currency than you can stand for gear and OP items, grind for the feats naturally, and grind for collections (mostly OP collections). I don't think I missed anything there in that, but if I forgot a grind someone feel free to remind me lol. Now Time Capsules come in and after facing all of the grind and RnG in the DLC you must face the RnG of Time Capsules and the new "grind" associated with the vendor trying to get quarks for the first ever 4 star feat. God help anyone who actually likes something else in that vendor too on top of wanting to finish that feat..

I have always been big into supporting the game. Any time something has come into the MP I "had to have it". If Booster Bundles launched whether I liked everything in them or not I participated for the simple fact of supporting a game I loved playing, obtaining the stuff regardless so I have it, and the Replay Badges were always useful. I don't mind a reasonable grind to obtain the things I want in this game by spamming Replays. The league I was in (before it died in AF3) always spammed new content at launch on multiple toons gearing Mains and Alts. The new progression system makes that option obsolete. I can barely suffer through doing it for my main toon on her main role so I definitely cba to do it on my alts.

Everything is starting to get behind too big of a paywall for most people, and that has lead many long time Vet's who have always supported this game and stuck by the game through some pretty stupid decisions to quit. A lot of the ones left behind are just sad and disgusted at what the game they love has become. You have to spend loads in replays to finish a DLC and then turn around and spend loads in TC's to finish that. If RnG truly hates you then you have to spend loads on the broker to finish the OP collections and the TC stuff anyways. So at this point you broke 2 banks trying to finish stuff in this game. At a point people become exhausted and can't keep doing it.

The US villain side is in the worst shape I personally have ever seen it, and I come from PC server so I'm accustomed to a small population. The Gold Sellers are the predominate thing in LFG during daytime where you could before see a fair few people making groups for whatever. Now I see the same person shouting for 30 mins + trying to fill an alert group..I don't even wanna get into how long it takes to fill a raid group. I logged on to my hero the other day to see what their LFG looked like, and it was like a night and day difference. It looked like the Villain side use to look. I saw all kinds of people shouting for all kinds of different content and filling up at a decent pace. It made me twice as depressed for the Villain side, and I'm sure some heroes on here will say this is slow for them.

End game players are dropping off and this isn't going to help at all. You can't ask people to pay ridiculous prices for every last thing in this game, and expect them to continue to stay and support the game as they always have. It's just not how life works. I have 3 kids (11, 4, & 2) and DBG reminds me of them " You're moneying me to death!". As a mother every time I turn around one of my kids needs money for something..There's a field trip, there's a fundraiser, clothes, shoes, diapers, etc, etc, etc, etc. DB is no different at this point. You need money for replays, you need money for stabilizers, you need money to obtain the quarks, and you need money for membership. You are as bad as my children if not worse so you get to hear my line now...You're moneying me to death! I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that and feeling this way.

You can't put the most coveted things in game (cosmetics, gear, mods, op items, etc) behind "The Great Pay Wall" surrounded by a minefield of RnG and attach feats to them and in the same breath call it optional. That's an oxymoron at best.

I can't speak for everyone else, but usually by the time I finish the things you set out before us I hate myself and the game..I shouldn't feel that way playing I game I loved to play for so many years. :(

Serious changes need to be made in this games progression and "the supporting" of this game before it hits a point it can't come back from if we haven't already..
    • Like x 25
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

Anybody does whatever they want with their money so if you think is okay to spend $100/month with Time Capsules...that's fine. It's up to you.
  19. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Spot on. Bravo
    • Like x 5
  20. BƖack Dedicated Player

Alll i ask is normal game DCUO like at (2011-2013) where my League and friendlist was full of people playing everyday! Where PVP was core of this game. I left the game because i can't play it anymore guys i'm tired with all of this, this game is simply too broken and too expensive and not fun anymore, not gonna happen that i will come back until this will be not fixed. I still can support you and your game, my mind still can change once this game will get fixes in a good way. That's all i ask is a game which i love, not hate.

You guys exaggerated a lot and your first mistake was GU 36, after that it was only worse and worse ..This what is happening with this game is above my scale i've had enough. Stop it please and fix pvp, give us new legends, give us entertaiment (not like capsules with feats inside) i mean here pvp tournaments, streams, etc fun things.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.