Dev Discussion Update: Time Capsules, Quarks, and Costs

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Well...so is pvp then, but people dont cry bout not doing that!
  2. DC Urban Committed Player

Sub was up months ago, logged in, majority of my characters were locked, inventory was reduced by a wide margin, and all my money was stash in DB's safe.

I forgot how demanding ($$$) this game was. This time capsule stuff aint helping neither. Compiled, it makes this game very unattractive.

Don't feel like subbing is worth it when players must still spend hundreds of dollars....

DB and Nova are sleep at the wheel.
    • Like x 2
  3. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

Well, Mepps, dear, it's good of you to share so candidly like that.
    There is nothing wrong with there being feat points associated with TCs. As usual the freaks of nature that feel they must have every available item and sp in the game are making a lot of noise. It's what they always do. They are semi-professional complainers, after all. They claim to represent the vast majority of players, and that their 'arguments' are self-evident and undisputed, that everybody in the game feels as they do. How nice of them to be the Voice of the players like that. Or it might be if they weren't entitled brats whose 'good will' will last about as long as it will take me to drink my cup of coffee. Then they will have moved on to the next topic of complaint. ad infinitum.
    Dare I even suggest that it is those very people, always vocal on this forum, who have been a thorn in the side of DCUO for so long, and their relentless, mindless, QQing has been indirectly responsible for some of the misdirections the game has taken through the years. You try to please them, but then they are even more unhappy about something else. You change it, and soon enough they complain that it was better in the old days. Semi-professionals, as I said. They live for the complaint; results are irrelevant. They deserve sympathy and kindness, but their opinions should only be considered as representing the extremist minorities that they are. Far from being representatives of the community they are all about themselves; what they want, regardless of any other factor. Emotional terrorists should be rejected, purely on principle.
    You've seen it all before, so I'm only here as a reminder of the rational majority. Players who aren't obsessively, greedily chasing every single feat point appreciate the occasions when a TC drops an emblem, and the little feat boost. Just as the Devs obviously intended. It was a good idea, and still is.
    You're still Batman to me, Mepps. :) Keep up the good work. Peace.
    • Like x 1
  4. recoil Committed Player

i don't mind the feats just want the styles. the space time vendor if it's implemented right from here on out would be an ingenius idea. everybody else is gonna complain "but but, recoil, we paid thousands or hundreds for the style!" no, they paid for the feat. just like the mentality that drives players to complete every raid/alerts/duo and even the stabilizer event just to prove how much better they are at dpsing than the others the feats in capsules drew them like bait on a hook to a fish. the people who bought into the capsules got what they wanted : pay to win progression for the sake of their pride. now it's only fair to give the players who only wanted the styles what they wanted. i don't open capsules for feats as unlike everybody else i realized that skill points doesn't=skills. sure they make you perform better at your role but really so does knowing the role to begin with.
    • Like x 1
  5. Wonder Gyrl New Player

I love having more styles and stuff but new styles don't mean jack when you can't get through the newer content that you used to be able to get through. I have friends that are more like 190 cr with well over 150 SP and them with myself as a 178 sorc healer who has 141 sp can't get through the Underworld Trials. I have been a paying member for three years now and have decided that as of Nov. 5th I will no longer be paying for membership on this game. The NPCs have been tweaked to the point that people that should be able to get through the content can't. This is not only annoying but it has made me completely livid. Until I hear that things have changed and witnessed it on test I'm done paying for not being able to get through MY LEVEL of content.
    • Like x 2
  6. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

Yeah, and PvP doesnt take money to get skill points. Of course they're not crying about it...
    • Like x 2
  7. Gabriel Martinez New Player

8. Gabriel Martinez New Player

Hi Mepps,

I used to like DCUO, but now is all about money. In order to get SP you have to spent a lot of money.

I understand you guys have to eat I'm also an engineer. But there is other ways. For example if you are a member you should be able to do raids 2 or 3 times a week therefore you will have more people playing more ofte and people will be attract to buy membership.

Another thing is that instead of having useless capsule, sell the special styles, auras, base item, etc in the market. Lower the prices a little bit so is more accessible to everyone.

There is much more you guys can do. The more you give to members the more people will be attract to buy membership.

PS: Please let Heroes and Villains make group between each other, sometimes is kind of difficult to make groups due to the low population in the servers.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tarif Committed Player

Sure, they brought that right up in the NEW survey!!! Lots of things on there we have been talking about for years, but you know, Looks like damage control because far too many people are angry at the state of our game, and the prices they would even dare to suggest.

((Um...Look over here everybody!)) Smh.
    • Like x 1
  10. Harlequin Devoted Player

I cruise through that alert (random queue) on my alt at 175-ish CR and only 130-something SP. I can sum up the secret to finishing the content with three words:

FOLLOW THE MECHANICS
  11. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I like contents of Time Capsules for most part but I gotta say that they do give and excessive amount of SP.
    There is nothing wrong about Styles having feats attached but does highest rarity item(materials) have to be 3 star feat for example? Also the cumulative feat for collecting all emblems from a set is too high.

At the same time DLCs come with just one new style now.
    Hmm....
  12. recoil Committed Player

the biggest problem with not completing content is everybody still thinks after 3 months of revamp that having 5 something dps and killing a boss fast (hopefully if it even works) is a good substitute for having a tank, healer, and troller. some of the fights are a test of endurance something the 5 dps don't have on their own. you NEED a tank, healer, and troller. otherwise you WON'T get through the longer fights like: klarion in midnight masquerade, zbasically every boss fight in olympus, god of monsters, darkseid's war factory, and the phamtom zone and raising hades fights. many of these fights are much too long to quick burn and have waves of adds that need to be checked by a tank and troller. if all you do is attack then well you're dead.
  13. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

You can't claim victory of support dipping from the ney sayers who do not like the idea of feats having to be purchased, but do it because of a necessary evil for progression which should not come from a fat wallet.
  14. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

Nobody is catering to us!

Questions for you: How many of your skill points were acquired as a result of opening Time Capsules? And if you have acquired at least 10 progression points towards a Skill Point, how many times did you click or use your direction commands?
  15. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

While I love time capsules, we really need the option to at least choose between a collectors, gear or emblem cache/boxes. It would make spending our hard earned cash a lot more bearable. We get way too much useless stuff rather than the things we are trying to acquire. Relying on RNG once per capsule is quite enough :)
    • Like x 2
  16. krytine Loyal Player

No the broker system is already garbage. It needs an overhaul as it is and to put anything else on the broker is a waste. Devs fix the gold sellers and broker prices while your so called fixing the game
    • Like x 1
  17. Saybro Committed Player

Release a time capsule without feats attached and see how well they do then. If the response is the same then keep the current model. If it changes then it should be something to note.
    • Like x 2
  18. DC Urban Committed Player

The devs do and implement what they want to. They ask, to appear caring, sometimes things align and a request are actually what they were planning anyway.

I choose to be a superhero elsewhere; with more a more feasible gamble system and better styles to boot.
  19. Harlequin Devoted Player

What's broken about broker prices? They are set by the buyers and sellers. The hyper inflation we see in DCUO on certain items is a symptom of two things: residual currency left over from the various money dupe glitches and a small population producing a limited supply of desirable items. Neither of these issues is "fixable" by Daybreak.
    • Like x 1
  20. krytine Loyal Player

Yes these issues are fixable by dbg they choose to ignore it and most problems
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.