Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Totally agree. There are a couple things I might add or change...

FireBurst and Mass Det both need the empowered channeling mod or shortened cast times.

If the empowered channeling mod can apply to FB, and we cannot increase range...make it melee range and increase the damage accordingly.

Mass Det still misses and does no damage at times. It needs a fix to where it is consistent. Many players are discouraged from using it because of the long cast time and it missing.

I second those things you would like to see Fire have changed/fixed Vagrant. Very good suggestions. I have had the same ideas for the most part.

Should posted this in the Make Fire Viable again thread I started back in December or January. It was all about suggestions for adjustments or fixes for Fire.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...fire-viable-again-some-ideas-on-fixes.293177/
  2. Vagrant Committed Player

Unfortunately you will be losing me to another power soon haha. I was Mental and made a super viable dps load out when it was considered bad and I've done the same for Fire. I want to do the same for other powers that are not played very often.
    • Like x 1
  3. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

All to the good...I knew you were..."just passing thru" I think its a fair assessment to say every power has potential in the right hands. Even the "lower tier" powersets like Fire. I think what makes Fire great is the diversity in loadouts and freedom to build with specific playstyles in mind. I think that if the Devs can make a few adjustments, Fire would be wildly popular and not considered a "lower tier" or powerset that is considered "bad" or a challenge to do well...which is great...but at the same time I would miss the Tells in game going how do u do so well with Fire? And WOW awesome damage with Fire. I do enjoy that stuff...especially since I am currently not a 260 to 300sp plus player. Im currently at 243 and still have a little to go to maximize my damage potential. I cant even max the Might cap yet, lol.
  4. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

On another note...I made a melee build with superpowered focus using a WM combo into burst abilities that was netting 25k to 27k 10 sec parses. I have it recorded and was going to post it...but I cant seem to duplicate the results anymore. I have tried countless times...to no avail. I wonder if there was a ninja nerf...I cant seem to find anything in the notes on the forums to confirm any changes to weapons or anything. Should I post it or no? I hate to show something that isnt do able anymore for whatever reason.
  5. Vagrant Committed Player

Not sure what was the WM combo?
  6. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Bow SB
  7. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Im not a fan of Bow SB...I just cant argue with numbers. Thought someone else would like to use the build.
  8. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I've noticed even fireburst seems to be whiff once in a while too just like mass det. But my toon will most likely always be fire. I've never been one to jump from power to power. I've also noticed a lot more fire toons in game lately. I don't know if it's just me noticing now or if more people are actually switching to fire. It's nice to see though
    • Like x 1
  9. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Everyones just now finally getting hip to the idea Fire aint so bad post revamp. Ive noticed the same here lately. Maybe it has something to do with the last nerfs or people wanting something different...regardless... Cool to see.
  10. useless Well-Known Player

it seems they do ninja nerfs every here and there...
    i still didnt make peace with meteor that before used to knock down mobs with every strike
    now only on third ;)
  11. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I did try that out...it only knocksdown enemies (when smashing) on the 3rd hit. If I use Meteor I just cast and throw for applying PI and knockdown. Does good damage too.
  12. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I dont mind the nerfs that much...just wish they were announced so I can make adjustments. Im always looking at new ways to play Fire and different builds. I also get with leaguemates and friends using Fire and we compare notes and numbers.
  13. useless Well-Known Player

yeah i know...old stuff from complaining old boring me :) ....i'm a person of habit,

dont have much time trying new things by myself so your loadouts and exploring was most helpful

for me,i thank you again,keep the good work m8

i play mostly one toon and fire is my thing...

it was my loadout that i used and enyojed in open world,especialy thouse 303,333,411...

inferno than backdraft (they came to me and knockeddown),time to fireburst and put me in good position,than backdraft

is up again to put them down and meteor is on just as they get up and striking the midle one of crowded mobs and knocking them down on every strike then finish them if any left with detonate...was liking that they never touched me :p

get me other similar loadout but that was the one i enyojed,especialy back when i was lower cr...

js loved striking with meteor and put them flying around :D
  14. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Awesome. I appreciate the kind words as well. I do alot of testing and trying new builds all the time. Vagrant showed me a couple things I had not considered using previously. That sparked some curiosity and more trials. I have a melee build for DPS and Tank that is fun to play with on those 303's and 333's type missions.

Inferno---->clipped w/ stoke flames, immolation, and fiery weapon. Using a WM combo Bow to Smoke Bomb into Wildfire and Bow to SB into Flashpoint for my DPS. Specced for Precision 1st then Might. 21.5k might and 9.5k presicion. Superpowered Focus.

Inferno---->clipped w/ stoke flames, immolation, and fiery weapon. Using Dual Weild combos into Backdraft then Flashpoint. Rinse and repeat until the 1st 4 are off cooldown is what I use for my Battletank Build. It Juggles trash adds easily and keeps them from doing anything for the most part. I have used this build in everything but Earth3 raids. Ive outdamaged alot of DPS's and topped the charts at times too. All in Tank stance. 61k health, 20.5k might, and 8k precision w/ no buffs. Superpowered Focus or Hybrid. Both work well. Fire can Battletank whether people think so or not. I do it often. Very, very fun way to play.
    • Like x 1
  15. Disruptor Well-Known Player

I don't know. My main toon is Fire. I do tank most of the time with her. She was set up for survival, not top the leader boards.. It has proven itself effective such as when the other three members of the PUG wiped on the final stage of Klarion in the Halloween event and I finished the alert. Cr 224 currently(I don't do Elites normally, so to me she is at max CR level)

I know Fire has improved post revamp due to it having a distance pull and a shield
  16. Sigeci Well-Known Player

So how would you spec your SP for a battle tank? Max out the might and then split the rest in health/resto?
  17. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I spec about 50 into dom, all my damage crits the rest split in might/power, health and precision. Thats just me. I only have 243sp. I use all tank gear except dps hands, waist, feet, face, and weapon. Im a CR227 with 63k health 21k might, and 8k precision. Easy to play with and very fun. I use in any content except higher Elites.
  18. L T Devoted Player

There are a few points I try to get to... or at least pay attention to... when spending SP

1 point gives a nice return. All my toons have at least 1 point spent on Health

5 points gives a 1% bonus, so spending that 5th point pays a big dividend

20 points gives 4% bonus. After 20 you need to spend a lot more to get a bigger %bonus on top of what your skill point gives you.

100 points is where you max out the % bonus part of skill points at 10%.

If you're going to try to battle tank a raid, I'd suggest at least 20 points in Health and 20 in Restoration before looking at Might and/or Precision.

For alerts I use my DPS build with enough tank gear to meet the minimum Dominance requirements.
    • Like x 1
  19. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I did forget to mention I have 5sp in resto, 1 in everything else, THEN I put into might/power and precision.
  20. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

That is good to know. Thanks for that tid bit LT. I might have to re arrange some things a little as far as Battletanking. I rely heavily on Gear especially the OP Head, Neck, Hands, and Waist for the stats.