Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Apologies if this exists elsewhere in this thread or in a separate one... and if it does, please just provide a redirect link. :)

Artifact combination question (all levels mentioned are the levels at the time of writing this).

I currently run, on my fire tank, Dilustel Refractor (Level 114) and Legionaire's Sparring AI (Level 94). On the DPS side, I use Tetrahedron of Urgrund (Level 100) and Scrap of the Soul Cloak (Level 110) because I run Superpowered (WE would combine Cog of Maggedon and Legionaire's Sparring AI). Of late, I've been considering how I would get the best benefit from my combinations so I don't have to spend as much time leveling up artifacts (I've got 3 toons, so I don't have 100% time to devote to one toon). So what I'm considering is the need to maintain the Legionaire's Sparring AI.

When getting these artifacts to 120, you'll end up with:
    4% power, 2% health, 2% might (Soul Cloak) vs 4% precision, 2% health, 2% dominance (Sparring AI).

I don't use supercharges, for the most part... and nearly never on my tank side... but the power buff could be a nice thing to have especially when you come across trolls whose power output would be replaceable with a 9V battery. The dominance and precision buffs make a lot of sense as a tank just from the perspective of being in melee range with whatever your target is (and I do melee them, as I find that since the revamp I don't have to be 100% turtle) and how the dominance can improve your shields.

So basically, what combinations is everyone running on the tank side and why? I can come up with logical reasons for having specific ones in specific roles. I also know someone who's toyed with the idea of using the Refractor and the Tetrahedron on his fire tank because of the might buff you would give the team (1.2% of a fire tank's health as a might buff can be quite helpful).
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

I use the Tank Artifact and the Immunity Artifact.
    Sorry...i dont remember the names. Tank Art for the Health Buff to the group and the Immunity Art to get the extra immunity after a counter.
  3. Korlick Loyal Player

4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Dilustel Refractor and Legionaire’s Sparring AI. :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

So, I found a loadout that I've been enjoying (when everything works, looking at you meteor throw)
    It's single and multi target.

Meteor throw
    Fire burst
    Mass det
    Fireball barrage/ volcanic calamity
    Absorb heat
    Your choice - immolation/ stoke flames/ robot side kick

Single target
    Meteor->absorb heat->fireburst repeat

Multi target
    Meteor-> fireburst->mass det

Isn't as power hungry as I thought it would be. The cool downs line up nicely and, for some reason, throwing the meteor makes this rotation much more fun for me
  6. Sionn Committed Player

I like that a lot. I found by doing spontaneous combustion right after the thrown meteor that DPS increases, and the rotation ends just as the meteor comes off cooldown. SC fits in both rotations perfectly. I just wish fireburst had a longer range, or I could find 2 longer ranged powers that did as much damage to squeeze in instead of FB.
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Has anyone tested a loadout with venom injector? I am currently Earth on my main.

I was thinking a loadout with inferno, spontaneous combustion, overheat, volcanic calamity , firery weapon, and a filler.

I would abuse Brawling MA mastery to trigger the explosions(if it still works like that). I am seeing good result with Earth. SO I am curious how fire would fair with the way I know SC to work. AoE burst plus burning Dots could yield some nice results.
  8. Tocimus Committed Player

i would use a different weapon. from what i've read about the injector proc, brawling takes to long to complete. the proc ends before the combo does.
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Even the ranged ones ? Those were always the quickest ones to me.
  10. Tocimus Committed Player

Like i said i havent tried it. But its all based off the 6sec timer.
    If my toon was still fire, i would def test it out.
  11. Intense-Inferno Level 30

Hey guys I need some help with where to put SPs as a fire tank. My biggest question is should I try putting 205 into health then go to restoration and dominance or should I try getting 100 into each to get the 10% bonus before trying to put all 205 into health? Also how does the crit heal and crit heal chance SPs affect fire tanking? Should I always fill those up completely first or put enough to unlock the stat points in the SP tree and focus on health resto and dom first?
  12. Tocimus Committed Player

not sure on the numbers myself. might want to go back and read the last few pages. anything since july of 2017.
  13. L T Devoted Player

Yeah that's still the fastest weapon.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on a 6 second timer. Unless you mean the cool down?

Spontaneous Combustion hits and then causes your target to explode up to 2 more times over 6 seconds. I believe every 3rd hit triggers the explosion. It doesn't have to be your hit, an ally hit can trigger it. Also, dots are good for causing it to trigger.
  14. L T Devoted Player

If you have only 100 points to spend, spend them on health. I haven't actually run all the numbers, but the way skill points work, you're probably best off putting 20 points into resto, 20 into dominance, and the rest into health as a fire tank. I'll look into it a little more and edit this post if I find anything interesting.
  15. Tocimus Committed Player

6sec is the length of the precision buff on the new artifact.
  16. L T Devoted Player

Oh!

In that case, brawling could be a mixed bag with the injector. It's certainly good for triggering combustion. It really sucks for restoring your power. Since the injector nerfs your power regen, you'll probably need to either not use any abilities other than your weapon buff, or else use lots of non-wm moves. Or else... You know...Yell at the troll.

I think most combos will fit into the 6 second window.... Though ideally you'd pick combos that were exactly 2 or exactly 3 seconds long so you can fit an exact number of them into the buff window.
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

i need to get some brawling weapons to test the regen whileI'im earth.
  18. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Question for the fire experts out there. Whats the current meta for fire dps? Considering a switch and want a place to start loadout wise. Do I need fireburst and mass det in the same loadout? You guys run a single target and aoe armory? I'm sure the power is versatile but I'm curious if theres a "best" loadout. I'll run my own tests and expand but I'd appreciate any insight you guys can provide. Thanks in advance.
  19. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Switching to fire is a good move, if you like versatility on the DPS side. I myself run multiple loadouts with multiple builds. My main for multi-target does include fire burst and mass detonation. If you want to check out my video in my signature you can see a couple of my loadouts that can get you started. I have since updated that, but have yet to upload the video on YouTube. The main thing on my multi-target loadout, mostly used on multi-target bosses and trash ads, is that switched out meteor strike with Inferno. If you would like, and you are on the u.s. PlayStation side hero, you can add me as a friend and hit me up in game and I can go into a lot more detail versus typing it all out. The cool thing about fire, is there are multiple ways to play it and still be viable in all content. Fires very good in the right hands. Do you have any questions you can respond here or hit me up in my inbox or in game. Good luck and happy gaming
    • Like x 1
  20. L T Devoted Player

Most raids lately have at least one boss that's pure single target. Inferno if the boss is mostly stationary, heat vision if not. I think heat vision, absorb heat, and spontaneous Combustion on these bosses is the best fire can do non-melee. You could try overheat but for me it's always been a DPS loss.

If you can melee, use enflame and stoke flames as your dots.

I still use one armory and change up my load out during cutscenes -- usually just to add a supercharge.

In general Fireball barrage will get better damage than volcanic calamity if you jump close and make sure all the fireballs hit. Personally I use volcanic calamity at the beginning of a boss fight then hit my armory -- it's sort of bonus damage.

For hallway adds my approach is weak-- staff downward smash clipped with Flashpoint, while inferno and stoke flames are burning. I lose damage there, but it creates a kind of change of pace in my rotation and I like the variety.
    • Like x 1