Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I've been trying every combination I can think of but I never manage to hit above 9k.

Is it safe to assume you go for inferno then stoke then spontaneous then wild fire the FC then fireburst? Could the fact that I don't have a troll parsing feeding me at the dummy be why? I've given up on Hybrid and trying to play like pre gu 36. I am trying to embrace play from the tray sigh.
  2. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

I'm getting the same thing now. I was getting a relatively stable 12 to 13k on a 30/s parser now it just seems like we got ninja nerfed.

I was running meteor strike, inferno c/w stoke flames into FB then FC meteor FC FB FC then repeat. Not to mention Fireball Barrage gets blocked by minions/back-up henchmen. I was liking my pftt loadout, now it's blah :(
  3. BrandonB Well-Known Player

Yeah, I had a troll helping me with the parse, because it's insane power hungry. Even at that, during raids and alerts, I'm using sodas and supply drops like crazy.

Generally, my rotation is Inferno clipped with Stoke Flames, Fireburst, Wildfire, Spontaneous Combustion, Flame Cascade, Wildfire, Inferno and Wildfire again. At this point, Inferno and Stoke Flames should be up and ready again. There's a few variations to this if power is super stretched. In between the two Wildfires, you can cast Flame Cascade x2 or Detonate x2 and leave Spontaneous out of the equation all together.
    • Like x 1
  4. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Thanks I shall test it out
  5. BrandonB Well-Known Player

Sorry, meant to say Fireburst here.
  6. BrandonB Well-Known Player

Has anyone done anymore testing with stat point speccing for tank role? I've tried a few back to back runs in Gotham Zoo, but it's hard to keep the same people in a group and keep a majority of the variables consistent. The most solid run I had was capping out the Resto and putting the remainder in Health.
  7. L T Devoted Player

I'm running numbers with 50, 100, and 150 skill points in each. Gonna take a while to get to Fire though.
    • Like x 1
  8. BrandonB Well-Known Player

But, I want it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Kidding. I appreciate all you do.
  9. L T Devoted Player

Still working on it. So many tank powers. So much to consider.

For skill points, Health generally seems to win for Fire. Investing 1 skill point in Dom or Resto gives 80 points of either. That's a no-brainer (everyone should spend at least 1 point in each of those). Putting 150 skill points results in 635, which for Dominance is an extra 1665 shield health and 140% base healing. For Resto, it's only about 1250 shield strength and 165% base healing. What does that mean for your heals? Backdraft averages about 110 base healing, so in tank stance 150 skill points in resto will mean 279 extra health back every time you use backdraft.

1 skill point in health give 400 health (which again, everyone should grab). 150 skill points spent on health brings that up to 3174. With Fire's health buff, those numbers change to 600 and 4761.

I haven't gone through all the scenarios yet. In general Health seems to be better, and the more you block the more that's true. If you're a more active tank, Restoration begins to look more attractive but I'm not sure it ever quite matches the survivability of the big health buff.
    • Like x 1
  10. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Been tinkering for a couple weeks and I have come up with 2 PFtT L/O I use. I keep 2 DPS armories and go back and forth between the 2 in raids. Overall I fall behind a little on adds...but I gain alot back on bosses. I run 10/sec parses to have a base number...but it doesnt tell the whole story in instances. I accel on bosses bc of the single target abilities that have good range and stay on target when bosses are moving alot. My base gear puts me at cr212. I have 196 sp's. 1sp in weapon. 1 in flight. 60 for my crits. 1 in health, and all the rest in might. 4 pieces of elite gear that gives me 2 might affinity bonuses, another 2%. I have 4 might and power goons generator mods. My base might with no buffs sits at about 17.8k. I run with Omegas and Nitros and those put me at about 19.2k might.

1st loadout I use for adds...averages around 14k parses on 3 targets (occasionally 15-15.5k) only around 5500 on single target...my rotation is...
    Meteor Strike, Overheat, FireBurst, Wildfire, Detonate (x3), Fireburst, Wildfire, Detonate (x3) - repeat. I also have Robot Sidekick up to add a little more DOT.

2nd loadout I use for bosses...averages around 12-12.5k on 3 targets (occasionally 13 -13.5k) on single target I average around 7.5-8k parses. My rotation for that one is....
    Meteor Strike, Overheat, FireBurst, Wildfire, Absorb heat (empowered channeling hands mod) Fireburst, Wildfire, Absorb heat. Repeat. I use Volcanic Calamity SC (when bosses and adds are grouped up to do major damage mixed in with my OS)
    Hope this helps someone who might be struggling with Fire DPS. I do fairly well top 3 majority of the time. A few of fire's abilities miss targets...but that fix is coming soon and already on Test. I have yet to run any instances on test to try them out. When those fixes hit live I will replace Volcanic Calamity with Firball Barrages...to help gain some ground in between bosses.
  11. BrandonB Well-Known Player

I run a pretty similar rotation, but a slight variance in power attack choices. Question about overheat. After you defeat the primary add you cast it on, do you lose the DOT on the other adds it was hitting? I remember this being the case at some point, but wasn't sure about post-revamp. I've been using stoke flames as my second DOT, but you have to be somewhat close for it to hit.
  12. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I believe that is correct. Once the primary target is defeated the DOT's on others around it are done as well. I should have mentioned that I have used Stoke Flames in place of overheat and Inferno in place of Meteor Strike. Pros to SF...it's clippable with Meteor Strike or Inferno...plus it heals. Cons you have to be close range for DOT's on npc's. I like Inferno better than MS...pros the DOT's are stronger...cons metor strike has a faster cast time imo plus the SC generator hekps build that SC up faster. I prefer Fireball Barrage as a SC but it gets blocked or misses targets atm. Volcanic Calamity is way stronger...but its 100% SC vs FB only 50% with head mods that reduce recharge on them you can use them more. I have FB and VC head mods III. Can't wait for the fix. FB hits great and I use it easily 4 to 5 times a raid vs VC 2 maybe 3. I would drop robit sidekick on my adds L/O and put Barrage in place. Keep everything the same on both except detonate and AH for adds or bosses.
  13. BrandonB Well-Known Player

I was using Detonate as my x2 attack early on, but I switched to Flame Cascade, because I seemed to be getting better numbers from it. I've been running Neo-Venom Boost with my add load-out where you have Robot Sidekick. It seems to stack with the trinket and supply drop pretty nicely. I don't run a super charge on my single target loadout, because I have Absorb heat in that slot.
  14. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I like Flame Cascade more that detonate...but the 2 reasons I dont use it is because it misses targets or get blocked by tanks and backup henchman. That fix is coming soon...its currently on test. Also another reason is I like the fluidity of detonate after fb and wf...hitting 3 times before fb and wf are ready again..with fc it hits only 2 times (with a small gap of time wastedl or 3 but I lose out on bigger damage from fb and wf. I like Neo Venom myself...but the way I run raids is switching out feom adds LO to Boss LO...all the while charging up SC (volcanic calamity). When the fix for abilities missing targets comes to Live I will switch over to Fireball Barrage from VC and Robot Sidekick. The only differences will be detonate and AH. NV Boost does great damage when mixed with dps trinket. The supply drop doesnt increase damage (like it used to) but it does allow for quicker power return. Not a huge difference overall in rotations damage wise. As I have done both. I just try for fluidity and consistency. When the fix comes for Fire...I will make adjustments again. For me to compete damage wise I gotta be on it and be watching adds health so I dont waste damage by misses. It can be a hassle...but I enjoy that style of play...Ive become accustomed to it.
    • Like x 1
  15. BrandonB Well-Known Player

No doubt. It's pretty refreshing to be able to set up multiple armories for DPS and actually getting to utilize single target versus multi-target load outs, instead of the same AM spam the whole run.
    • Like x 1
  16. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

On another note...spent a little bit of time on Test Server and Fires abilities that used to miss targets seemed to be doing alot better. My damage was consistent. I ran the same loadout I usually run...added in Fireball Barrage instead of VC or Robot Sidekick. It was hitting everytime from what I could tell. I dont want to get too excited...but it's looking good so far. I will try and test some more to confirm. If I could get some people to run instances on test instead of sitting around jabbering and dueling...then I would have a definite report.
  17. BrandonB Well-Known Player

I had heard several people say Fireball Barrage was missing so I stayed away from it, but was Flame Cascade really missing for people as well? I don't really recall any instances when it wasn't hitting, unless I just wasn't catching it.
  18. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I used to fly above targets right above them to try and use Fireball Barrage...itbwas still only hitting about 60% of the time. Flame Casscade was missing from time to time...especially when henchman in front of adds...some would get through some wouldn't. Trying it on test the damage increased...not because of a buff...but because it all got thru. It wasnt clearly noticeable...especially on sparring targets. In alerts and raids there was a loss of damage when tanks and henchman got in between. I left Fireball Barrage alone and FC and went with Volcanic Calamity and detonate. They hit 100% of the time. I will be switching back to Fireball Barrage when the fix hits live. I prefer the 50% SC vs 100%. I can use it more often.
  19. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I dont want to jump the gun...till I test Fire out more. But I was out damaging a Rage toon easily on an alert. Hopefully with abilities hitting 100% of the time Fires damage potential will increase. Along with Sorcery. I dont play Sorcery...but I have league mates very bitter with how much abilities miss. Other powers where missing too...this might help even the playing field a little with powers hiiting like they are supposed to. We shall see. I will report back any findings.
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Heat Vision and Absorb Heat always hit. And they stay locked on target. Which is hilarious when you're dealing with the ninjas in RotB. They look like they're disappearing when what they're really doing is jumping high in the air.

The visual effect of the power will follow them wherever they go, still causing damage. So the trail will move all over the place. It's pretty hilarious to watch sometimes.
    • Like x 2