Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Question for the masses. Accerated stoke or accelerated bd for tanking. And why.
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I'd stoke flames, burns adds + lowers incoming dmg. less dmg = less power needing to use.
    • Like x 1
  3. L T Devoted Player

I second this.

I don't even run with burning determination these days.
  4. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

This was my thought too

What are you using?
  5. Korlick Loyal Player

I think (would have to double check) Burning Det heals are stronger than Stoke Flames. But, Stoke Flames heals longer than B.D. It heals for the entire duration of the cooldown, while B.D. doesnt. Having the reduced cooldown, B.D. might be better than S.F. But i dont know, im not sure. Like i said, would have to double check.

As for setting things on fire, yes, a big advantage over B.D. but to set things on fire we have Engulf with cheaper power cost.

Anyways...im still using the defense white mod in my back. Wanted to try the others, but that means i would have to buy a few of the removal kit for 20 MoV just to test it.
  6. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Same boat. I bought all the available white mods for sorc and fire when they were dirt cheap before revamp. Haven't tried any yet because I haven't finished experimenting.

7. Ashrod New Player

hi, i want some opinion about this loadouts im running

for aoe
    INFERNO / STOKE FLAMES/ MASS DETONATION / FIREBURST / ABSORB HEAT / VENOM (FOR SUPERCHARGE)

the running is as it is set, finishing with the abs heat for power gathering and venom to pump next round

for single target

HEAT VISION / STOKE FLAMES / METEOR STRIKE / FIREBURST /ABSORB HEAT /VENOM (FOR SUPERCHARGE)

same here about the running

the aoe loadout is power hungry in fact but not really much for a single troll since de absorb heat gathers the power well
    the second loadout is not power hungry at all

for the trinket i run a utility belt whit sidekick and a bluff trinket for might and presicion

i want some opinions, all of them are for superpowered base toon

sorry for the poor english
  8. L T Devoted Player

I'm currently using:

Immolation - Engulf - Backdraft - Flashpoint - Stoke Flames - Amazonian Deflection

I've messed with Enflame vs Flashpoint. Enflame averages higher damage and sets more things on fire, but Flashpoint is crowd control with a shorter cool down.

I've messed with Eternal Flame vs Amazon Deflection too. Still love Eternal Flame.
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

I was thinking on using Amazonian Deflection or HLShield. But when i did my raids this week i totally forgot about it.
    So...question: You do not loose the healing-in buff when using A.D., right? I know its a blocking power but thecnically you are not blocking, so in my mind it shouldnt remove the buff.
  10. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I've been using wildfire. I may just be stick in my ways of thinking all powers on loadout need to heal or set fire.

• Like x 1
  11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

That's a good question. I've also thought about using neo venom for fun.

12. L T Devoted Player

Yes, you do lost the heal buff.. But the shield of AD is very strong..
    The Defense Buff of Neo Venom stacks with Tank Buffs, which makes it pretty awesome as a tank supercharge. It won't bring you back to full health like Reignition or Eternal Flame will though.
  13. GarrickTheFlash New Player

Fire used to be my favorite tank power, but revamp has made it too much like ice really don't like the revamp shield system not to mention that the shield animations look like crap
  14. Korlick Loyal Player

Yesterday i checked this and this is what saw:
    -Burning Det. heals for 11 ticks (1 burst on cast and 10 from the attacks), duration depends on how fast you are being hit, but the "shield" animation goes off before the cooldown is ready.
    -Stoke Flames heals for 6 ticks, not during the entire cooldown like it use to do. The heals stop at the "45minutes mark" of the clock cooldown.

Stoke Flames heals are a bit stronger than Burning Determination.

So...it seems like it is better to have the Accelerated S.F. over A.B.D.
  15. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Did you quote yourself so you'd know your decision?

• Like x 1
  16. Korlick Loyal Player

Lol...no, just to follow the same subject.
  17. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

So, I've been trying out some new loadouts and I really like whay I've come up with.

Meteor throw - fireburst - mass det - volcanic calamity - overheat - inferno

Rotation goes inferno - overheat - mass det - fireburst - mass det - meteor throw - mass det - fireburst - mass det repeat

At times I replace meteor throw for engulf because the throw seems to be a bit hard to get to connect consistently. Wild fire or detonate would probably be better but I like having 2 burning applicators.

Also, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but mass det seems to bug out every once in awhile. It doesn't start it's cool down after it's use and you have to use a different power to get it to cool down. Doesn't happen often tho
  18. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Given that we have exactly one immunity now, I've been running with Accelerated Burnout... since Burnout is our only immunity. Slightly different logic than what others are thinking... but my job is to protect the group and I see that as a necessary thing and something I want to have at the ready as quickly as possible. It's worked for me so far... YMMV, of course.
    • Like x 1
  19. Streven Dedicated Player

So is there any info on how Burning Soul works yet? How many hits does it actually take to get up to the maximum buff and how quickly do you lose it? And does blocking even for a short period of time to do a counter lose the buff?
  20. Korlick Loyal Player

If my memory doesnt fail me, its 20-25 hits.
    And once you stop hitting burning enemies (thats something you have to remember, you must hit a burning enemy) it starts to slowly decrease for a few seconds. You can check how much time is by going to your Stats tabs after you got all the buff. You will see how it goes down.
    While blocking, you might lose a part of the buff, but not all. Depending on how much you spend blocking.
    • Like x 1