Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Ashrod New Player

yeah, i thought it was part of the cooldown but not, seems to be a bug after all.
  2. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Cast time powers shouldn't go on cool down till they hit. The timer doesn't start till animation finishes anyway.
    • Like x 1
  3. BrandonB Well-Known Player

I second this. I don't know how people use Fire Burst and Mass Det in the same loadout. It's maddening enough just getting knocked out of one of them with no reward and power loss.
    • Like x 2
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Given how the PIs work, that's not unreasonable thinking at all. :)
  5. Kipperjones Level 30

I think the reason why they are interruptable is because you can move with them And start farther away, not like AM where you have to be inside the bosses sphincter. I don't disagree that it's annoying but just a thought lol
  6. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I use Fireburst in all my loadouts with empowered channeling to cut down on the interuptions. It works most of the time. I just pick and choose when I use it. In battle tank mode I use backdraft or flashpoint to knock enemies down before activating fireburst. I get that power off 95% of the time after doing that. My dominance is higher than any minimum dom needed for any instance. Against high lvl end content bosses I scale back on my usage of it orreplace it with absorb heat. Depending on the instance.
  7. xD25x Dedicated Player

I don't believe the empowered channeling mod works for fireburst
  8. Stark23 Committed Player

Correct, it does not.
  9. C3alix Committed Player

Lol I've had both of those in my loadout during the AM days.

When you've tanked a lot AND I MEAN A LOT, you get a great understand of where to go and what you can do in almost any situation. Once you've gotten that down, you hardly get interrupted.
  10. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

It was working with fireburst. I thought it didnt till I ran across the fire dps guide fro the dcuo bloguide a couple of weeks ago then I had to double check when I got on live and it was in the list of powers affected. But....it is not there now. Just checked this weekend. It was prolly one of the ninja changes. I still use it for heat vision and absorb heat...in my raid dps loadout. I noticed i started getting interrupted a little more this weekend. I wish the devs would list ALL of tge changes they make.

Here is a snippet from dcuo bloguide
    Empowered Channeling: Channeled super powers are no longer Vulnerable to Interrupt, prevent standard control effects and increase Defense and Toughness by 5% while active.
    This mod affects: Mass Detonation [4B], Fireburst [2], and Flame Cascade [1]...

Now. It longer applies. Oh well. Still use it.
  11. BrandonB Well-Known Player

So, I'm assuming we're still more effective as a turtle tank, right? I tanked US Reg the other day without blocking, and it went fairly smooth. I haven't tanked Elite since the revamp, though. I would assume that with the buff to damage from enemies in elite, that we'll be blocking a heavy amount.
  12. L T Devoted Player

by the numbers yes.... But actually not so much in my experience.

To clarify a bit, in add-heavy content you're most effective when you're crowd controlling everything, even though your effective health is lower. If your healer isn't down you're generally better of being active.
  13. BrandonB Well-Known Player

Are you rocking Fortified Blocking or Assault? Or both, given the situation? Just curious if there's enough difference between them to where it makes a significant difference in survivability.
  14. L T Devoted Player

Mostly Assault. I keep a spare blocking in my inventory for certain boss fights
    • Like x 1
  15. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

What are people parsing at? I think mine is embarrassingly low lol.
  16. Korlick Loyal Player

Last time i run some tests, i was doing around 11-14k on three targets
  17. BrandonB Well-Known Player

I'm consistently in the high 13k per second range. I've had a few freak 15k parses, but it's next to impossible to duplicate.
  18. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

I have to ask... what are you using to stay consistently at the high 13k range?
  19. BrandonB Well-Known Player

Inferno, Stoke Flames, Fireburst, Wildfire, Flame Cascade, Spontaneous Combustion/Absorb Heat. The last power listed just depends on if I'm dealing with several adds or a single target boss fight.
    • Like x 1
  20. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

I will try this to see what I come up with.