Time Capsules and their feats are here to stay.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lt Skymaster, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I honestly like the TC because of the price point and the items that you can get in them.
    I do have issues with feats in the TC but it is what it is.

Like it or not,
    The Candy Crush model is the most successful and beneficial thing that they have ever done.

Those single dollars definitely add up or strippers would keep their clothes on.
    • Like x 1
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I get more enjoyment out of tipping them than getting a crummy tactical mod box.

Seen a stripper use an accelerated blood flow 3 tactical head mod on the onlookers of a fine establishment. Should have seen them kids from Porkys lose it, especially Peewee.
    • Like x 3
  3. Pults Loyal Player

It will end, there are enough studies done to back it up that these spending habits crash fast once the intitial enjoyment dies out. Either they will push out "greater value" or sink back into where they started off or the most likely end point, the game gets shut down in a year.
    • Like x 4
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Because this is like the 475th thing that they've done that establishes a pay to play / pay to win mechanism into the game, and in a game where the dedicated players have already spent 600 or more dollars in subscription, DLC, and occasional item fees alone (and I'm not even a full time player, I've only been here for the last 3-4 years) it feels like a slap in the face to have them implement this as a system, AND THEN JOKE ABOUT IT.

It's rude, mostly.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

Would you believe if a member of the DCUO Development felt the same?

Here is a snapshot of a very recent employee review on Glassdor:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  6. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

The developers are employees and certainly not the face of the company, the CEO however is that face and he is undoubtedly responsible.

The community dislikes it and at the same time buys stabilizers is like the biblical verse Roman 7:19 For good that I desire, I do not do; but evil that I do not want, this I practice.

Gandhi says: be the change you want to see.

f you refuse to take action and expect the same to come from a company that is visually impaired to see nothing else than 'PROFIT', how can you make it see anything else?

Don't expect a dog to talk, it will only bark.
    • Like x 1
  7. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

He actually hadn't used them since skimming came out, as he loves to farm exobits and doesnt spend them on recovery kits like I do.
  8. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I snipped the rest of the quote away because it doesn't apply to me, I don't purchase stabilizers (not even the first time around when they "viable". However, I still quoted you because I disagree with what I underlined.

Yes the CEO is "face" of the company... but in any business if you go in and deal with employees and they treat you horribly or say something inappropriate .. well know one thinks "geez louez that CEO". Just because this is a game and we "see" differently and interact with devs differently doesn't mean that it's okay for them to say things that can be taken inappropriately.

It's fine if you don't agree with that, and if you want to put all the blame on the CEO, that can be your way of thinking. That is not the way I look at it, nor do I doubt I'm the only one.
  9. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

So than he's still an idiot because he's making fun of people who were using their loyalty points and enjoying them while he let them sit there :rolleyes:. It's fine if folks want to stash them up, I have friends who do that... but none of them call someone idiots when they get things for "free" because they don't have any loyalty points. I suppose this goes to know the company you keep.

So the rest of my last post stands :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.