Time Capsules and their feats are here to stay.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lt Skymaster, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

If you feel you have to spend $100+ playing lottery to get styles that can be obtained off the Broker, trading/sharing with friends and by opening Time Capsules for free, then that's on you.
    • Like x 1
  2. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

If you become a legendary member, you get points each month and you can get a ton of stabilizers with your points. One of my leaguemates got all the years from Amazon without spending a dime. He likes to make fun of my leaguemates who have spent 60 dollars trying to get the Phoenix feather.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Mind lending me about $150 mil then so I can finish my collections? I mean you people talk like it's so easy to make money yet a very small percentage of the community has over 100 mil. You're rich I'm sure you wouldn't mind sparing it.
    • Like x 4
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

No, you're okay :)

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

Wouldn't want you back, tapping more money in 7 weeks time ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Then don't suggest for people to get everything from the broker just because YOU'RE well off enough to do it :rolleyes:

If making money was easy, we would all be rich. Then again, if we were all rich, no one would be...
    • Like x 2
  6. Zezimar Committed Player

Heeeey Tori, mind giving me a fish today ?
    (Dont worry, I'll find other people and therefore other fishes for the days coming :p )
    • Like x 1
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Okay.

Good luck in your war against the business model. :p
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Oh don't worry I'm not fighting it alone
    • Like x 8
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

while whats in red isnt entirely true they will hold to that belief to the downfall of this game.

the booster bundle boxes sold just fine and there weren't feats in them like there are for these money grab boxes but I am sure they do get a stronger pull with these because of the feats my point being that those were selling, what they are saying now is just a excuses the can give out
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

too bad you would be mistaken you wont be off by 2-3 SP there are 4.5 SP attacked to each box released and its only been a few months and we are on our 3rd box in time there will be a great number of SP behind this paywall.. that is why people are upset.
    • Like x 2
  11. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

You say that. I say have fun when the business model kills the game and forces the servers to shut down lol.
    • Like x 5
  12. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

I said this later in the thread already, but just to clarify again for you: when I said 2-3 points, I meant the difference between what you can earn if you get all the feats and the amount you can earn playing via normal in-game earned stabilizers. I'm assuming a serious player will get some of the feats, even without spending money. I've done it myself. I get that other disagree with my view on this, that it's luck of the randomness of the drop, etc. etc. So we don't need to rehash all the arguments others have made on this again.

Just wanted you to know what I meant, since you didn't see my other posts in this thread. ( And I don't mean that snarky either. It's a long thread. I get it. :) )
    • Like x 2
  13. Korlick Loyal Player

Get it from broker, yeah right. Sometimes i dont know if people are serious or just trolling when they say that.
    • Like x 5
  14. Here2Help Devoted Player

I actually think they're serious which is worrying. I'm on EU and a Void Essence hasn't been on the broker for around 48 hours now (unless someone put one up and sold it when I wasn't looking of course :p). Before that there were around a total of 8 across different times and for different prices. When one does eventually get up on there again it'll be for a crazy amount. But hey, apparently we can all just go to the broker and get our feats, so no worries there :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  15. Lord Saren Active Player

i have yet to open a new time capsule lol i'm just selling my capsules to all of the people that open 100s at a time. i know stats will matter one day and i should try for those feats but i don't feel it being worth my time when there are plenty of old feats to get
  16. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

While you can blame upper management all you want (and at the end of the day you are right who holds the cards) the devs are the face of the game and how they handle situations do matter.

If you know something is not going anywhere because of what you know the company wants/needs and can't do anything that's fine. But when you know the community, at least the community you see on a day to day basis, dislikes what can't be changed, you should be careful how you phrase things because otherwise you make the situation worse. Unfortunately that doesn't happen around here... so no the devs aren't blameless... some are and some aren't.
  17. Here2Help Devoted Player

Why not get both old and new feats? :D But yeah, Time Capsule feats are ridiculous. You are better off going for other feats that don't require insane amounts of real or ingame cash and RNGesus to be on your side.
    • Like x 1
  18. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Well, he was called out because he was wrong. I didn't gloss over anything. That was a ridiculous statement and he got "called out". Nothing else to see here.

Well, a majority of the people on here don't think it's fair. That's why there's been so many threads and posts about them. Once you attach a core element of the game in skill points to this business ploy, it no longer becomes as simple as a "you have the right to buy it or not" situation. It's obvious certain people mainly play this game because they enjoy hunting skill points. It doesn't matter if it's a minority or not. They have the right to complain if they feel a system in place is not entirely fair. For 95% of the game's cycle, just about every feat has been obtainable through actually playing the game. Obviously that's no longer the case. There will be 4-6 more sp's inflowing every 2 months. This number will get huge at the current pace. These people are now being forced to either give up one of the main reasons they play the game, or to spend hundreds of dollars. It's crystal clear to me that this is an issue. I don't quite understand why people are going out of their way to debate this.

You've stated nothing but opinions. There is no further use if I'm arguing with a rock.
    • Like x 1
  19. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

I've stated my opinions, which can be backed up by facts. But since you're dense enough to not see it, and disrespectful/arrogant enough to call me a rock, I bid you good day !

Seriously, you rabble rousers are hilarious.
  20. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

You can get five free stabilizers a month, not counting what you can earn every three days (althougNoh let's just round that up and say ten) so you get a total of 13 keys each month for free.

If he used 13 keys and got everything from the amazon time capsule he got lucky. This is a fact. And yes I know that's not what you're saying.

Oh for the record if that person was teasing folks in the league for getting everything without spending a dime, he's technically a liar, not to mention an idiot... after all he spent money on legendary so he did spend money. For that matter someone like that probably shouldn't be allowed polite society anyways, maybe he should be kicked.

If it's the league leader, my condolences.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.