Time Capsules and their feats are here to stay.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lt Skymaster, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spack2k Steadfast Player

What a bunch of idiots, i feel pity for them since now they have to quit the game or continue the rat race :p
    • Like x 5
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

LOL well it is true tho. Some are now adding 0s at the start of their name because it would put them 1st over the As. I agree its silly. But it definitely shows some people take feats and sp very seriously. And after all the comments lately from so many people talking about wanting the feats removed from TCs i think anyone who claims people dont care about the feats and only want the styles is simply not paying attention to the feedback and/or is out of touch with the community.

Sure style is a huge thing. But i know i have no desire to have that void material or any of the zodiac emblems. But im trying to get them. Why? The feats. And i know for a fact a whole bunch of others are doing the same. Because i speak to people ingame and ask opinions. I ask random people what they think. Its still a small sample size tho. And i dont make silly claims like the majority of players dont care about feats when i have 0 evidence or data to back that up ;) And yea how will some of those sp alpha people keep up? After say 6-12 months getting all those TC feats will add up to an insane amount of ingame cash and a large amount of real money too. Or a combination of both.
    • Like x 2
  3. Caroline Dedicated Player

Yes, some people take wavedox way too serious, I'd prefer having some good named characters rather than filling them up with numbers and letters, just so I can be displayed as the person with the most sp's.

And I never liked the gear styles they've given us, I wouldn't bother gathering them if it wasn't for the feats. I really like the materials though.
    • Like x 2
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

Yep. I personally haven't seen anyone change their name to have a number or an 'A' to be top, but of course there are people with that in their name. It could be just because they actually like it, I don't know. But people do take Wavedox too seriously. Over here on EU we have a league called TeamoPhoenix. They have the most score on Wavedox and I remember when they reached the top that's all they would talk and boast about. The only reason they have the most score is because they invite anyone and have a massive league, and that's because they wanted to be top on Wavedox. What a joke.
    • Like x 2
  5. Caroline Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Players put the 0 infront of their name to be 1st in cr and sp categories. I know players care about sp, but if it was just styles in capsules, it would still be a top seller. Booster Bundles prove that. Imo adding sp turn players off.
  7. Caroline Dedicated Player

Well, that's not quite true, most of the time people don't like the cosmetics in BB's, however they buy them, because along with the auras, we get TRK's, Replays and more.
  8. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

I meant 1 step, unfortunately I think they went a couple backwards too. And if by P2W, you mean the acquisition of gear mods to reduce cool downs, all that is in the broker.
  9. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Considering what I stated has ALREADY happened here on the forums, where people patronizingly talk about how stupid players must be to spend money on stabilizers, how they just don't get it, and are being taken advantage of, and its up to the brave few on the forums to bring light to this injustice, I think my remark was right on the mark.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Just stop. You're in denial. go online, go on the broker. Watch how busy it is. Watch how fast TCs are bought and sold. People love it. They are certainly OK enough to keep participating. This is all the evidence I need that many people are are participating LightFX, because it's a real, verifiable set of evidence. You have your firm conviction and the backing of a pin drop sample of complaints on the forum by comparison. I think I'll stick with what's obvious.

Your statements do not match reality. IT DOESNT MATTER HOW MANY COMPLAINTS YOU HAVE ON THE FORUMS. Nobody in marketing cares what you guys are saying, because they have the actual numbers. This is the third TC and the formula hasn't changed, despite you and the same 30 other people complaining on the forums about it.

But hey man, keep banging your head against the wall.

Also, no, a few players at endgame care about SP, the majority do not. That's why the game is full of players with high CR and low SP(something you've complained abotu yourself before.)

TCs are here to stay. The feats in them are not going anywhere. Neither are the mods. It would be better to accept that, and see what kind of modifications you can push for, rather than continuing a tantrum that has lasted 3 months and gotten you exactly what? NOTHING.
    • Like x 1
  11. Pults Loyal Player

Got to milk this cow while they still can. So when will the servers shut down?
    • Like x 5
  12. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It never once occurs to you guys that you're in the minority. Not once. You have no ability to see anything except the way you feel about it and the way you way you want it. Anybody who disagrees with you is just not smart enough to see it.

Obviously if he can't see a problem with TCs, he's just blind and not smart enough to see. You're so condescending and patronizing.
    • Like x 1
  13. Here2Help Devoted Player

Sigh. That doesn't mean 'people love it'. It means people are buying them, and there's no denying that. Not one person on this whole thread is saying that they are not selling. People are talking about how many people actually do like them, and that number is very few, despite people buying them. I have a league mate who has opened over 2000 Time Capsules. Does he love them? No. Did he put the stuff on the broker? Yep. He's now stopped buying them and won't buy them ever again. He hasn't even bought 1 stabiliser for the new TC yet.

Just because people are buying Time Capsules doesn't mean they 'love it'. Your whole post is nonsense.
    • Like x 5
  14. Harlequin Devoted Player

Forget the emotions involved. Love them or hate them, they are selling a ton of the things so they have zero reason to change anything.
    • Like x 2
  15. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. I've said repeatedly here that I **do** get why players have problems with time capsules. I just think the reaction is overblown compared to the actual issues they cause.

It's like this -- last night, we lost internet service at my house for 8 hours due to the winter storm. My kids acted like it was the apocalypse. Was it annoying? Yes. Do I wish things had been different? Absolutely! Did I agree with my kids that it was the end of the world. Nope. :)

Also, the attack on me as a newb or a part time player is a weak argument. And not true even. I've been playing since the PS3 beta in Nov 2010. I've run my own league since 2012. I've got the survived the hack hoodie, the OG Batman inspired mask, seen all the game changes since launch, every forums argument for and against WM, then AMs, and now time capsules. I've seen dozens of players come and go, even some good friends in game who were forum regulars here. I just don't spend a ton of time on the forums. I also took a break during a lot of 2015 due to changing jobs, so I'm playing catch up a bit now on CR and skill points. But I definitely play enough and long enough to understand the implications here. Accusing me of that doesn't help make your point. This really isn't the apocalypse.
    • Like x 1
  16. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Of course we are. People who can actually think things through to the end are always the minority. The majority of people does not know the answer on the "3 door problem". The majority of people cannot understand quantum physics (the actual stuff, not talking about "teh best quantum build evaar!!!!!1!!!!11!!!!one!!eleven!!"). The majority of people just quotes Einstein when they think they benefit from the specific quote they use without understanding his work - or without knowing that Einstein had also a special quote dedicated to that majority of people.

So basically - yes, the second part of your quote is the reality you live in. But you don't have to realize that nor strife to realize it - word is life is easier to enjoy without thinking things to the end, insight and other crap like that :D So I don't point you to the multiple examples in DCUO's history when a minority of players pointed out possible problems with the new stuff devs were planning and publishing in the WIP forums, then got ignored till the predicted problems actually arrived, just to be ignored again when discussions started about possible fixes. And those people with the foresight about linkdead problems, monthly content, CR relevancy, AMs, power balancing and suddenly dropping out of AM/WM/CR again were even mostly always the same 10 people, not 30.

Even the early warnings about time crapsles in September were posted by way less people than now. If there is no problem with time crapsules in the long run, why did more people go from "time crapsules are cool" to "there will be/already are problems with TCs" than vice versa (just to use your "majority" "argument" against you :p) ?

(PS: I have always been against removal of any content from MMOs so I do not further the "TC need to go"-point. They and the sales model surrounding them however should be tweaked. One good step would be allowing players to sell their stabilizers on the broker - they'd prolly end up ranged somewhere between 1-3 million ingame credits -> with that step alone a lot of the discussion about time crapsules would stop from one day to the other without negatively affecting sales.)
    • Like x 1
  17. Here2Help Devoted Player

And that I can understand. But I'm seeing it from a different perspective. A couple of close friends have already left the game because of the Time Capsules. As they keep releasing more and more, it's just going to get worse. Another friend here, another friend there, eventually most will be gone. I'm not going to stick around playing an MMO by myself. But that's from my perspective. From DBG, they are making plenty of profit... for now. Why did I add 'for now'? Because most of the ones leaving the game right now are those that aren't spending too much. They won't see profit dips and only player base dips, which they're probably fine with being heavily focused on generating money. However, as more and more people leave the game, those spending the money won't want to stick around when all of their non-whale friends have left the game. I'm not going to lie, I've spent a decent amount on Time Capsules. They make a lot of money out of me, and I have some friends who don't spend even close to what I spend, but if they go, I will eventually go too.
    • Like x 4
  18. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

No. Those players are NOT OK with time capsules at all. They have merely accepted time capsules are here to stay and only want them to not fall behind on the feats. And you are dead wrong. Most people actually DO care about feats, genius. Of course they've been successful. You have a select few liking them eating them up and have forced the majority to accept them and eat them up to stay ahead on feats or start falling behind. You don't have to accept it if you choose not to, but those are the simple facts lol. Now, please wake up and actually start LOOKING at the facts as they ACTUALLY are and not how they are fed to you.
    • Like x 1
  19. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

LOL Really? Your argument is so illogical it's ridiculous. Just because they are a success and people are buying them does NOT mean in any way people actually like them. There's a very small select few who actually like them. Most everyone else is just buying them to stay competitive in the feat department. Fact. They're successful ONLY because completionists HAVE TO buy them for the feats. NOT because people actually like them. Most in my league absolutely hate them. A few will soon be quitting outright. Most will stay and continue to buy them only for the feats to stay competitive. Others will open them for the off chance of getting something to build up some in game cash. The ONLY one in denial here is you. YOU are the minority.
    • Like x 6
  20. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

I bought stabilizers the first time around. The second time around I got everything from the broker. This time I'm just gonna build up my TC supply, save them in my bank, and only use free stabilizers. My sub's almost up, and I stopped caring about being a feat completionist when the latest dlc came out. This game has gone backward in too many ways to mention and I'm just gonna use TC's to inch toward 300 sp in a year or two. I'm moving on from end game competition in this game cus it ain't worth my effort anymore. Sad but I know I'm not alone with that feeling.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.