Time Capsules and their feats are here to stay.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lt Skymaster, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

From the #Ask-dcuo in Discord, I got these 2 screenshots, I think it's pretty clear they're only looking for money, and the best way they're getting it is selling feats.

We've talked about it before, but when you can spend 200 bucks in stabilizers and still not get all the feats in the timecapsule there is something really wrong with the system ( I haven't personally done it but I know that is a fact)

The only reason the capsules sell so much is that there are feats attached to it. If it were pure cosmetic Items, while they're awesome they would probably sell less, which is why they'll never remove this factor.

At the very least they've realized they can't do the same thing putting the gear level so high for the next capsules.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

It's pathetic.
    • Like x 13
  3. Tilz Loyal Player

Goodbye then.
    • Like x 16
  4. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

I truly don't understand why people are so upset about this. I'm not being snarky. I just really don't get it.

I mean, I get that some people are completionists and they get upset if they can't finish every feat in the game. But all this p2w and "they're only looking for money" is a bit over the top, IMHO. Worse case you'll have 2-3 skill points less than someone who finishes all the feats in the time capsules. That makes very little difference in how well some one does in game or top dps, or whatever y'all are worried about.

I don't get the animosity to Daybreak making money with time capsules. You don't have to spend money if you don't want to, but if it helps the game earn more money, I don't see how that's not ultimately a good thing for all of us playing the game.
    • Like x 11
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

That's how I would see it if I didn't really care about feats. But there are people that love some of those cosmetic items and will want to get them but can't. Then there are people like you said that are completionists like myself that will want to get those feats. It's just pathetic. It's not even behind just a normal paywall, but one filled with crazy rng and over-the-top broker prices.
    • Like x 5
  6. Tilz Loyal Player

It's about the system. Not the single skilllpoints
    • Like x 14
  7. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

Sure, I get that. I really do. I get that it's frustrating, and I get that it's exhausting when you just want to finish something in game. That part I get. Thinking Daybreak is evil, or milking us, or has some nefarious plan to make us spend $200 and never give us the collection is the part I don't get. I actually kind of even appreciate that something is actually rare in this game. Most MMOs have ultra rare stuff in them, and DCUO has never really had that.

I'm just saying it's not all bad, and certainly, I don't think it's some evil plot to rob us or trick us.
    • Like x 2
  8. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

So why is the system bad? Don't use it if you don't like it.
    • Like x 2
  9. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Someone who hasn't completed the first two time capsules is already behind more than 2-3 skill points.

They are going to release new time capsules around every eight weeks, with new feats... Trust me you're math is off in how far the divide will be, and it will be here faster than you think.
    • Like x 9
  10. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

This MMO has rare items, they are OP item and the new ones take a lot of dedication to get.

That being said other MMO's that have rare items don't put them behind a pay wall, RNG yes, but pay wall no.
    • Like x 5
  11. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

You can get a lot of the feats in the boxes without spending a dollar, just playing the game. It's only the ultra rare feats that require real money or playing the in game broker.
    • Like x 1
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

Selling feats isn't exactly a problem, the problem is sell feats by RNG and also subscribers been forced to buy that without receive ANY amount of stabilizers per month as a Legendary perk. Otherwise, what's the point of the Marketplace?
    • Like x 2
  13. Tilz Loyal Player

Putting rare items behind paywall + rng with incredibly low dropraates is jsut stupid.
    • Like x 13
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

Definitely not.
    • Like x 10
  15. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

Subscribers get something like 9 or 10 a month if you do the daily mission. I don't know the exact number, but 6 fragments a day. And sure opening 10 boxes a month is not like opening 100 boxes or nothing compared to how often they drop, but it's not true that subscribers don't have free stabilizers.
    • Like x 1
  16. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Your math is still off though and I understand how easy it is not "add things up" so to speak.

With what we currently have out right now, the difference might be 2-3 skill points for the 'ultra rare" items. You add new things every eight weeks.

You also have to argue that the majority of the populace lost their main money making process due to time capsules. The majority of the population is not really going to see the "majority" of these feats unless they spend real money. This is a fact, not an opinion.
    • Like x 8
  17. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Each box is not a guaranteed anything.... ten stabilizers a month (especially when you consider the layers of rng) probably isn't going to net the majority of folks anything worthwhile... more than likely not the rares.

If this was pure cosmetic stuff it would be "bad' enough given how many folks have wanted to spend money on the market place to get a guaranteed product. Adding things that strengthen your character to the point you get advantages is beyond silly.
    • Like x 6
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Alright cool Good job devs.

*Runs before mob gets here*
    • Like x 2
  19. StupidCarrot29 Well-Known Player

The second response regarding comic scenes is plain offensive to me.... the answer is unprofessional too... but before I start my rant I should not forget who is the forums boss.... Anyway lets see how much time will the replies to this post stay unlocked.
    • Like x 11
  20. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

heh, I think we use the word "fact" differently. I'll grant the ultra rare ones are very hard to earn without spending real money. I know you can earn the other feats without spending money. At least some of them. So sure, I have no idea how many skill points difference this will make. But you don't either. We're both just speculating.

What if it were 20 points difference a year from now? Is there really a game breaking difference between someone with 260 SPs and someone with 280 SPs? I think not, but I'm certainly not arguing that as a fact. ;-p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.