THIS GAME IS UNBALENCED LIKE CRAZY

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eventz, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zpred Dedicated Player

I do find it funny that more people complain about being out Dpsd in PVE content an shouting Nerf/balance or anything of the sort regarding certain powersets rather then saying it about PVP where competitiveness is more key when it comes to fairness/OP/balance against other players lol.

I bet those npcs don't moan about certain powersets :D
  2. thelostczarnian New Player

i beat nexus on my 57 sp 93 cr ice tank all the time. not event that hard with ice. i was earth before this and ice is just so easy to god mode nearly everything compared to working harder with earth and still not come close to ice.
  3. thelostczarnian New Player

i bet hold claw ram whip sure was elusive lol
  4. tukuan Devoted Player

It's not just you. If there's to be any sort of identity to powers then some will be more inherently easier to pick up than others, some will lend themselves more to one role than the other and some are more suitable to a instance type than others.

You can up or lower the numbers but people will just find new ways to apply that power to mitigate changes (which is cool) or use respecs and migrate to whatever becomes the new FTM (not so cool). I guarantee for example that if HL was nerfed a large chunk of the DPS focused players would just move on to whatever became the new gold standard for DPS and then people would say that had to be nerfed.

The only true solution to balancing powers is to make them all essentially reskinned boring versions of each other which would be a horrible approach to take. I am quite excited by the fact the Celestial had a new approach to healing and hope that we will see more of that sort of creativity in the future even if it makes one power "better" or "worse" than another.
  5. thelostczarnian New Player

yes focus on hl not celestial its not op one bit
    [IMG]
  6. thelostczarnian New Player

because hl is so fast clippable and doesnt have any cooldowns it has no limits
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Not for everyone. The dev team could buff the living daylights out of Sorcery, Nature, Mental, Celestial and Fire and I wouldn't care all that much because none of those power sets have interested me enough in playing or (in some cases) trying them. It has nothing to do with how strong or weak they are (or perceived to be), or how well each can perform the off-DPS role. There's just nothing there that makes me want to give them a shot.

The only thing that really matters to me in relation to power sets is being able to successfully run content. Not the scoreboard or any other distractions.
    • Like x 1
  8. Miahztwin Committed Player

Yeah, its funny because HL has so many options that throughout so many nerfs, HL is still one of the top dps powers.
  9. thelostczarnian New Player

hard lights true strength is that it has no cooldowns
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

thats cause will power has no limitation :p

btw yeah some powers are just to op, for example ice is newbie friendly ... a starter can do with ice good on pve and pvp... but if a pro gets ice its just OP.
  11. SuperiorMouse New Player

i laughed at this. if you're running with illiterates who can't say the word Celestial, i'd say that's your first problem. i def wouldn't run a T5 raid with them. lol being able to say "celestial" should be the first test, then ask their cr and loadout lol.

homogeneity and balance are not the same thing.

every powerset has strengths and weaknesses. that IS balance. they're not all supposed to be and play exactly the same -- well, i'm pretty sure they're not since they seem to be intentionally designed this way. lol if they're supposed to be the same then yes, they're out of balance. lol.

if you know how to play those powersets well, you don't have the issues you're complaining about. but that said, i don't know if it's good design if you have to be an advanced player to get basic or equal functionality out of a powerset. i would lean towards bad design.
  12. thelostczarnian New Player

your wrong. john stewaurt tried to bring back the population of a world and the ring exclaimed that his willpower exeeded the rings abilities
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

u mean wish dead ppl back ? ur confusing something there... if he would have want to move population from 1 planet to another he could do it.
  14. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

It's not about powers being better than others, it's about them being easier than others.

If you PUG Nexus with an average ice tank, there is a good chance you'll beat the raid. That's not the case with fire or earth. You will need a good fire/earth tank who knows what their doing in order to beat Nexus. Most players shout for ice tanks because they don't want to risk picking up a fire/earth tank who doesn't know their role.

People shout for HL dps because when used properly it does great damage, but so do the other powersets. If you pick up a Sorcery or Earth dps who knows how to use their power, they can put out great damage too.

Any player can do their job effectively with any power if they know how to use it. The success of the raid will depend on the skill of the players, not their powers. Why do you think I beat Nexus yesterday with a fire tank, a solo healer, a solo troll and 5 dps (2 Celestial, 1 Gadgets, 1 Ice, 1 HL)? It's just the some are easier to perform with.

P.S. It's "CELESTIAL", not "CELESTRIAL". There is no "R" in Celestial.
    • Like x 1
  15. Lumb New Player

Most people who don't post on these forums know certain powers are better at certain things. You see it in the population, earth and fire tanks have a harder time in Nexus, I see it all the time. You'll get the people who say it's the person playing! but anyone who plays with others, knows that's bs.
  16. Galklife Dragon New Player

So in other words we should say "hey devs, give us balanced powers (no ****)"
  17. QueueHatman New Player

And after the Sorc/Nature revamp, it's next on the chopping block.

I'd look elsewhere if you're Light because they're likely to nerf SnapClawRamWhip due to how superior it is to everything else once they get to it. Should be about... 6 months.
  18. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Base damage across all powers and pi damage is pretty in line.

The main problem the dev's will not address is cooldowns and animation times. The troll powers are hands down the easiest and best powers to be a dps with. Anyone doing dps at a high level not using those powers actually has skill to make up for it.

All things being equal the troll powers will win given equal skill power in stats ect. It may not be by a huge margin but it is true. I respect anyone that dps's with a non troll powerset at a high level because I know more than likely they are using a power they enjoy rather than just trying to be the best every time.
  19. SuperiorMouse New Player

no, i think the real problem with the powers, as others have said, is that some are more accessible than others. it really shouldn't take extreme skill to use a powerset to it's potential. that just adds to the perception that the powers aren't balanced.

i like that they've all got pros and cons. but maybe communication and information would help. ingame instructions explaining the strengths and admitting the weaknesses of these powersets would really go a long way to help this perception issue. then players know that X power is great at this, but poor at this... and that it's intentional and not bad development.
  20. Shadow Vlad New Player

I play a sorc dps and do better than just keep up with the "op" powers on a daiy basis. Player not the power. Practice.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.