THIS GAME IS UNBALENCED LIKE CRAZY

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eventz, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D3athStrik3 Well-Known Player

Can we buff your writting skills instead since thats the only thing that actually needs attention?
    • Like x 8
  2. Hard Night New Player

I agree with this. The biggest advantage to Ice tanking isn't that it's better or easier to use, it's easier to beat content with when the other players aren't up to snuff. Fire and Earth NEED good groups to be successful, Ice needs a good group but the healers have more leniency to be slow/mess up/get CC at bad times, etc.
  3. PitchBlack Bat New Player

Maybe you should learn to read. I didn't say that you need to combo to heal, at all. Read my comment again.
  4. REEEPR New Player

I hang with one of the best healers you'll meet. He's electric and uses very little power. I have friends that negate the OP completely. Sorry, it really is the player in this case. If the OP was factual, i'd have a bunch of friends who would have to be awsome hackers to do what they do. We all know that's not the case.

The hardest lesson a person learns in life is that tthey can be wrong when they were so sure about something. < I think that statement is in play here. Never stop progressing. Always work on improving. Eventually someone will come along using the same power as you and then you'll see it isn't the powerset, it really is the player.
  5. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Stuipd is to kind, this community is a prime example of what reality T.V. has done to people.
    • Like x 1
  6. Solace New Player

Earth needs a buff.
    Sorc doesn't have DPS moves thats why no one uses it
    Fire is fine, doesn't really need the ice type of pull imo
    Elec is also fine
    Gadget..no one uses it that much because the graphics are plain
    HL.....people complain about this a lot...all i can say if there is a HL person in your group and he's burning power like hell just tell him to calm the something down.

and about the earth tank...its not really earths fault since people can only pass raids with top tier geared people, when the person calling for the "cr 98/7 people" are acutally just cr 84.

giving a powerset every type of move e.g. fire giving it a ice type pull and it still has backdraft would just make it kinda stupid
    earth already has both of those and people think its weak because they heard someone say it needs a buff..when that word is spread that power immediately becomes crap.

and you saying that earth dps needs a buff.....just go watch orbit.
  7. Solace New Player

Wrong, just because they have low heals doesn't make it bad...and the combos are just support heals. like renew into cdeath mark just places a DoT which does a burst heal at the end after it dies for 2 people, and all the healing powers are on the blessed tree...go to research before you hate on powerset
  8. Lightful New Player

Perhaps if you composed your thoughts properly, the devs would consider reading.

From the title alone, you misspelled "unbalanced". That can be deterring enough.
  9. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

Has nothing I do with powers... Problem is the amount of unskilled earth tanks... Ice is easy mode tanking... Doesn't mean its over powered... It just means it is easier... I personally have never seen a good earth tank... I'm sure there are some out there but still never seen one (I rarely pug)... Now earth dps, needs a buff... So I feel that is a legitimate complaint... But I can promise u, someone out there is a beast earth dps... At one point people diving want to play with hard light players cuz "they suck"... Someone out there learned the ram-snaptrap-fan combo and boom hard light is one of the strongest dps... Skill is the biggest actor in any power!!
  10. Zim New Player

I dont agree. As far as Earth tanking goes it has everything to do with powers. There is nothing skilled about using two powers and having to add PI's to targets for the CC's to work. Earth is sub par if anything. You only have ONE breakout ability and the pets are reversed. (Not to mention earths other breakout ability has to come from a pet which hardly ever works correctly).

Compared to fire and ice... earth is a joke. This was established when we were gearing up for the T5 raids. Tanking Nexus in one or two pieces of T5 was almost impossible as earth, but very do-able if you were ICE or FIRE.
  11. Jamie New Player

I had to correct your post to be relevant for the person the post was about.

Instead of all you people QQ'ing about powers that need buffs or debuffs why don't you just ask the dev's for what you really want - an easy button. If you really think the only reason for people having higher damage output is because of their power sets then how do you explain large differences in numbers during the same raid with 2 people of the same power set? I found sorcery completely worthless. Why? Because he didn't fit my play style. I switch him to Celestrial and I am doing much better even though I am still working on the combos. I love my fire tank and will take on any ice or earth tank with her. Skill is always the deciding factor.
  12. YodaDog New Player

To have a valid opinion about the balance of powersets, you need alot of knowledge and proficiency with all of them. Most people dont have nearly enough info to have an opinion worth listening to..

For example: When you tell me elec sucks at healing and gadgets is a bad troll... I immediately jump to the conclusion you havent healed or trolled much. Especially with the powers your ripping here.

Cheers.
    • Like x 2
  13. Harly Davidson Well-Known Player

This 100 times over. Look scoreboard watching is a fools game, a lot of players simply churn up a lot of "noisy" damage that does nothing to help beat the content. At the end of the day you are either performing sufficiently to beat the content in a reasonable amount of time or you're not. Any powerset can do that in any Role. Yes there are power sets where the mechanics are better understood, and optimal loadouts and rotations are better documented, but that is the difference. You can't tank Fire and Earth like you can Ice, it's a different animal. In my league we have Ice and Fire DPSD that put out ungodly amounts of DPS and beat HL all the time.

Play what you want. Have fun, quit whining :)
    • Like x 1
  14. TroEL Dedicated Player

These kids are hilarious! I find this thread very entertaining and fully endorse the participation of everyone to further my mirth :D
  15. Physique Dedicated Player

If it is my job to pull aggro as a tank and I pull aggro, it doesn't matter what my power type is. People tend to hate on Fire tanks because they expect, like an ice tank, for all tanks to have shields and a pull. What people don't realize is that beyond that, the tank also must have powers which taunt and maintain aggro which both Earth and Fire do much better. With the new T5 content, using certain iconic powers in conjunction with supplies should be expected. A lot of tanks use them but, oddly enough, a lot of the people making the choice to kick a tank before a run begins or make a determination about the effectiveness of a tank because of their power type are grossly misinformed. In those cases, it's their loss and something I don't waste my time with.
  16. Cybernaut21 New Player

And if you put the same exact player, who knows the sets equally, on different sets, it becomes obvious which sets are better than others. It's certainly not a coincidence that HL is so popular, nor is it a coincidence that a good player on HL is simply not getting outdamaged by anyone of equal ability on another powerset. And its not a coincidence that ice tanks are so popular right now, its because that powerset is heads and shoulders above the other tanking sets. Some sets are clearly well above others in terms of performance.

The reason those sets are so popular, is because when everything else is equal, it's the power, not the player.
  17. Cybernaut21 New Player

If the people who ran the game were smart, they would continually buff underperforming sets, which would create far more movement between powers as players tried the new sets that were buffed, rather than having static sets like HL and ice dominate for long periods.

Then again, they have kind of been doing that, though instead of buffing, they've crippled some sets, which I guess would create movement out of the crippled sets, but then you have the blatant appearance of inequity among powersets, which is what is being discussed here. The problem with that tactic is that you end up angering the customers in the sets that get crippled, so while some will move on to another set (cha-ching goes the cash machine for a respect token), others will quit out of dissatisfaction. If they would just improve the weaker sets, they would anger far less of their customers, and would make a lot of customers who want to play the weaker sets happy. In that case almost everybody wins.

I agree with you that due to the fact you have a wide gap between good and bad players in this game, and that that leads to a distorted appearance of how unbalanced the powers are, when you have so many people playing sets like HL and ice, and the disparity in performance among players of similar skill levels, it's clear that there is a real imbalance regardless.
    • Like x 2
  18. Warrant New Player

Did you beat the content? Did you get your loot? Did you get your marks? If all yes than seriously who the eff cares who out dps'd who? It's a game, play it to have fun.

By the way, I've seen good players of all powersets out dps'd by players of other powersets. Anyone who knows anything and has played this game long enough knows this.
  19. thelostczarnian New Player

be another tank power. ok now respec to ice. do you see now? its pretty obvious
  20. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

You made some good points, but now i have to say: Work on your behaviour.
    Some people would have learned them by themselves, but not many.
    Or how can it be to see fire dps in full t5 not working with PIs or multiplicators?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.