THIS GAME IS UNBALENCED LIKE CRAZY

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eventz, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitchBlack Bat New Player

I totally agree with this, HLD is definetly the BEST DPS overall, you dominate everything, the combos are fast and powerful, I am currently using Celestial which is in my opinion a bit stronger than Hard Light BUT that doesn't even matter, you know why? Because Hard Light performs combos faster which makes Hard Light better than Celestial. And dont let me start with compare HL with other powers..

Also Ice is the Best Tank, hands down.

Celestial is the Worst Heal, hands down, you need to perform combos to make the better heals.

There is definetly a huge power difference and I hate people who keep saying "IT'S THE PLAYER NOT THE POWER"
    If a player would fight vs himself, like the one would use HL & the other half Celestial, his HL side would dominate Celestial. And keep in mind both are exactly the same persons with the same set skills and gear.

I guess people keep saying: IT'S THE PLAYER NOT THE POWER is because they don't want that everyone uses HL & Ice
  2. Clip New Player

Well 9/10 HL players i saw in nexus or paradox did a bad job with low damage cause they kept dying :D
    • Like x 2
  3. Statman New Player

Community opinion swaying what get balanced which way is just a recipe for disaster. It's an opinion, not an actuality.
    • Like x 2
  4. LL New Player

Well we sure are blessed you joined the forums, so we can have your expert opinion on how all the powers should be. Devs get pen and paper, this person knows all...make sure to get their changes done correctly.
    • Like x 9
  5. LL New Player

Oh it's an actuality. Half the people still don't know how to say Celestial, let alone how to balance it or any other powers. I played Mental from beta up till Quantum. People cried it needed a nerf, then it needed a buff, then it sucked as a dps...blah blah blah....I played it because I liked the power. I have never cared if another power might be better or whatever. I play what I like. I never cared about scoreboard numbers, just if we finish the instance.

Guess that's just me.
    • Like x 6
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

I use 1/2 - 1/3rd of the power a Lantern needs as celestial, I have a higher range, the only thing is that I need to combo a bit longer which causes the posibility of several interruptions and in sth. like dox I need to cancel many high-damage hits because of the bosses one shots. But still I use way less power and do more damage so I wouldn't say that HL is better than celestial.
    • Like x 2
  7. Eventz New Player

Holy crap people this why nothing gets don because u have these guys who just stay stupid stuff that have nothing to do with the post from the very begining its like what does the anything u two have said haft to do with what the post is about. Lol
  8. Gwalir Loyal Player

So you want the community of this game to help balance the powersets?

Considering so many of the community tend to jump on whatever powerset is able to take advantage of an exploit or glitch to increase their damage output, I personally would not every wish for that to happen.
    • Like x 1
  9. Statman New Player

If you can't understand how it is relevant (coz it is), then I'm sorry that I have to say this, but you're part of the problem.

No patience at all to figure out for yourself how to make a 'bad' power play as amazingly as the 'good' powers.
    • Like x 2
  10. tell me more New Player

Personally,
    I'm hoping every DPS moves to HL, and every tank moves to Ice. That way I'd be the only Mental DPS and theres no one to overide my DoTs
    MWAHAHAHA
  11. Eventz New Player

Omg i dont want the community to do a thing. This is just a way to get out what u wanna say to the public. Thats why its called general discussion. I just wanna say how i felt about the game power sets. Sheesh people
  12. Korvyne Committed Player

Nope, not just you, You are correct. If only this mentality would spread.
    • Like x 4
  13. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

LOL What? I've seen earth and sorcerer EASILY beat hl, gadget, quantum, mental too many times to count, especially earth. I've seen earth clear entire rooms in seconds. I can say it because I've actually seen it. It has NOTHING to do with the power and EVERYTHING to do with the player.
    • Like x 2
  14. Warrant New Player

1. People scoreboard watch too much. Beating the content and having fun is most important.

2. If you're getting kicked from pugs, consider it a blessing. They probably sucked anyway.

There's a sorc dps in my league who is constantly on or near the top in damage out. I've beaten Nexus with fire and earth tanks no problem. I've beaten Nexus with a solo healing lightning healer. Celestial has only been out a couple days, how can you judge it? I could go on. But you won't listen. You'll just come back with some rude remarks. So I'll leave you with this.

It's the player not the power..........
    • Like x 4
  15. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

LMAO Earth can already beat a gadget dps. You just have to know how to actually use the power to do so. If you truly think earth can't beat gadgets at dpsing, you don't know your power set as well as you think you do.
    • Like x 2
  16. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Or maybe, just maybe, people keep saying "it's the players not the power" because that's actually true, lol. If you don't fully understand the power set and how to actually use it effectively, of course it's gonna be bad when compared with players who actually DO fully understand their power set and how to use it.
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

While I do agree that there needs to be some tweaking to certain powers and their underlying mechanics, I believe the unbalance in the game is a direct result of the player base.

That being said, there is NO incentive for the DCUO powers-that-be to do anything to balance the powers as long as people are willing to change powers at the drop of a hat. The fact that we’ve been promised a revamp for Sorcery and Nature but got a new healing powerset first should be a clear sign that DCUO’s financial rules over all other gameplay adjustments.
  18. Miahztwin Committed Player

I agree with the OP to an extent. Dps wise every power has potential and some powers have more potential than others. I do agree if you were to match the best HL dps vs the best Sorc dps in the game, HL would win for sure. Powers are controlled by the player at hand of course, but some powers are limited to their ability. I've seen Sorc dps that can keep up but would they be consider top tier most of the time, I'd say no.
  19. Florida Boii Well-Known Player

Why??? Because they don't have a group shield SC? I hope that isn't your reason.
    Really!? You don't need to preform combos in order to heal. You get a few benefits for comboing ( a few hots & and raise in your crit chance/magnitude) but like I said you don't need to combo. It may be the worst heal to you because you probably didn't take the time out to try different loadouts. Coming from a player that has been Nature for over a year, this is one of the best healer powersets imo.
    • Like x 2
  20. Zpred Dedicated Player

Does anyone ever consider about the PVP side to powers too? All I keep seeing is the qq scorecard chasers banging on about numbers in PVE content on what power out dps what and its usually.... Nexus ... My numbers in nexus.... My power in.. In nexus... This power is OP because of x numbers in nexus..

I hear some people say they are looking at the bigger picture but its not, you just looking at one side of the game, PVE.. Mainly scorechasing..HL may be a very good fast power set for content in PVE but then it suffers a bit once compared to say ice gadgets mental nature earth in PVP.

I'm not an elitist or just sticking up for HL because its my main, I'm being honest as a whole, while I agree there needs to be more of a balance sometimes, but I mean where do you draw the line on Nerfs and buffs, what would seperate the powers, what makes x power unique to z power, how do we make every power do the same in all content including PVP/PVE.

To be honest it's near impossible for that to happen with the setup the game has atm.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.