The Grind

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darth Piper, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

This right here! Do the daily stuff when doing the bounties and it goes quick and easy. Hit your solo, run the alert (if you can survive the screen flicker), and swap to an alt.
    I'm able to run 3 character through all daily(bounty too)/solo/alert in about 3 hours total.
    The grinding though for the Omni pieces is gonna be tiring.
    • Like x 1
  2. Liightmare dc Active Player

The kill said boss 100x times feat kinda suck. I know it’s not meant to be grinder the first week and be completely gradually but I with the counters stopped at 50 to make it easier on those that want to finish the feat and enjoy other things.
  3. Brit Loyal Player

I love having more to play. I hate having more "not play, but wait to play". That is what the new bounty routine feels like.

The spawn times are very short before the bosses despawn. This is unlike previous bounties whom, when spawned, would remain up until killed. We cannot go to the bounty, wait on other players, and then eventually get enough people that we can do it. When they spawn, we get roughly 3 minutes before they "win" their scenario, and at that point they despawn. If you weren't waiting there before they spawn in anticipation of them, and with a significant group of other players who are also sitting there waiting, then you will likely fail. The fights of themselves are fine, both in their length and their difficulty. It is just super annoying the amount of time that is spent NOT able to do the fight.

Additionally, with the roughly 30 minute rotation across the four spawns, if you miss one, you have a huge wait before it will be back again.

Waiting is not fun. When the added things to do that are meant to occupy our time largely amounts to more time where we are stuck waiting, the response is not that way play longer to meet those requirements. The response is more likely to be frustration that leads to simply not doing that portion of content because it is not time effective.

On USPC/PS, I was able to run the BoP, Metal II, Metal I, JLD, Atlantis, and Titans bounties pretty much any time day or night. If you went there and stood and shouted, another person would come, and then another straggler, and then another. And before too terrible long, you had enough people to do it. In Wonderverse, that is not the case. You go to the bounty. You shout. One person comes. By the time another shows up, the boss has already been victorious and despawned for another half hour. So the three of you all go your separate ways rather than waiting 30 minutes more for a respawn. Rinse and repeat. The open world bounties should not require dedicated League groups or playing during primetime hours to be successful.

Honestly, in their current state, I just wish that the five spawn points (each boss, and then Hydra) would have their individual spawn location clipped as a small room, and then have it converted into a real raid. At least then I could queue for it and then do other things while I wait for a full group to be assembled. That is a luxury we don't have with the short fight timer and the looooooong respawn time of the open world bosses.

Alternatively, have you considered handling them like, you know, other previous bounties? Where they spawn, and then they just stay up until they are defeated. That system actually worked really well, and I have no idea why this change that puts so much pressure on players to have to phase in large numbers to whatever phase actually has the fight spawned and a group ready, until we're crashing left and right because that's the only way to complete the fight.

And also, why do Healers and Controllers only get partial credit for the fights? It was rough in BoP when Healers and Controllers would randomly not get credit for defeating Metahuman Experiment because they didn't deal as much DPS as DPS. This seems to further that direction, where our healing, or debuffs and power restoration, do not seem to be considered as contributing enough to deserve full rewards.

I find it odd that a healer can't get full rewards for fighting a bounty while actively busting their chops, but an AFK player can get full rewards in the Stabilizer event.
    • Like x 8
  4. Malivic01 Active Player

The currency for sure.

1750 for the op helm

150×12 for generator mods for another 1800.

That's 3500+ mark

Then I would still need 8 more pieces of gear, two rings, neck, face, trinket and an elite weapon for my tank.

And then, I do it all again for my my dps.

Absolutely excessive.

Who can ever play an alt again?
    • Like x 5
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I just did a little calculating. Not %100 certain on cost of the vendor catalyst, but in total I think it is 1,725 in cost for them. If one is successful every day, at defeating each boss at 6 coin reward per day, it'll take 58 days to get the vendor catalyst for complete upgrade. If not successful on each day, each boss defeated, the number rises exponentially from there.

The main issue, in my opinion, is that it basically takes a massive group to defeat the bosses. There are quite a few glitches that cause people in these massive groups, to not get rewarded. One is if you die, frequently you lose connection and return with no reward. It appears also, that healers and tanks aren't getting top tier reward each time with successful defeat. I know on my celestial character, I healed a full bounty run to Hydra, defeated them all in group, and twice I didn't receive the 6 reward.

Honestly, I'm not even sure what to suggest to help correct the grind issue with this:
    Do we weaken the boss so we don't need 50 people to defeat it?
    Do we change the reward table to always reward top tier on defeat?
    Do we adjust the boss hp so smaller groups (16?) can defeat it in time?

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the game needs grinding in order to keep people active, but in this particular instance, I do kinda agree with others that the grind for the piece is a little extreme, especially for those with alts, in that it'll take a very long time to people with lives outside of DC to effectively complete the required marks for vendor catalyst.
    • Like x 3
  6. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

This isn't how grinding should be. As it stands they are trying to keep us glowed to one character all day. I have a picture in my head where grinding alts can get u exp u can use that exp for any toon. Put that exp into a gear slot each slot has a max rank. Max rank is op gear reg rank is reg gear elite rank is elite gear. The way it is now is not fun or alt friendly. Scale old content and just stop making new eps for now. There is no need to slow down the grind by adding mc to every mechanic or puzzles. Just make content hard depending on the group rank. The stronger the group the harder the enemy should be hitting u. If we can only get this implemented the devs would have so much time to work on other things like pvp. Making a new ep doesn't have to be this much work. A new ep can be a gear rank increase or a survival mode based on a dcuo movie. or instead of an ep pve start doing it for pvp. Atleast for pvp its not gonna take as long to do like pve. There is just so much time being wasted making and fixing new stuff. I think dcuo has enough pve content we need to return to in a better way like gear ranking. Its time to stop making new content and start adding to pvp or survival mode or lpve. Pvp is the future with next gen. i hope this is the last ep we ever see for pve.
    • Like x 1
  7. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

I'm not enjoying this DLC so far which sucks because I've loved every WW episode. I do like the ATTEMPT to trying to extend dlcs and bringing something new, but the execution missed the mark. I'm with everyone that invest alot of time in their alts. My 3 main alts all have 200 arts and had op legs last episode with half elite gear(only wanted enough for affinity a/b). Don't look like that will be happening with this episode, unless this dlc is going to last longer than 4-5 months. If I only played 2 toons like most people then I wouldn't have a issue with it.
    • Like x 3
  8. L T Devoted Player

When I tanked the Ares fight on the test server, it honestly felt too easy. There were 6-9 of us in the fight, we weren't grouped, he melted and I got full rewards. It seemed too easy for a raid boss.

These bosses feel like they've had their damage and health buffed by a fair margin so maybe ratcheting that down a bit is a good idea.

Another is to make the reward currency account-wide stabilizers. Bang. Now it matters a lot less which alt you run on.
    • Like x 2
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

As I said in he beginning:
    • maintaining alt characters for top tier content has been killed because we would have to repeat all of this grinding on every character we want to have top level gear
    • Running dual roles looks like it’s got a foot in the grave too because of the role-specific elite accessories with no price relief
    • There still is no relief for dual role capabilities on the OP item in that we need the same number of catalysts to level up a second one and still need to buy the catalysts, even at half price (compare to getting a second neck from Metal: Part I where we could get the second one for 40 total Dark Metal Coins)
    • We are lucky to be able to get one OP item given how many catalysts we need and how infrequently they drop
    People play multiple roles. People run multiple characters. Why? Many reasons... variety, enjoy playing multiple roles, the challenge of the high level content with different styles, learning what other roles do so they don’s sound like whiny crybabies, and yes even boredom because they have little to do. I get that you are trying to extend the DLC because of how people complain they have nothing to do after burning through content in a week. I hate to say it, but that is their problem. Because of this excessive grind I know several people who are looking at retiring their alts.
    • Like x 1
  10. wisetoons Well-Known Player

you can complete 4 missions including with all 5 bosses killed once in WW openworld AND 3 solo missions in BOP open world AND lex tower solo instance AND new solo instance AND new alert in exactly 1 hour if you figure out how to run them. This DLC may be seemed extreme grind but i think it is great in all aspects and i really congratulate devs for such a great work. As a note i am waiting the lag in alert bridge phase and in open world will be fixed soon.
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I definitely agree that currency should be account wide!

It did seem, today, that since they did a hot fix, the bounty bosses seemed to go a little smoother. I don't think when they hit live that a team of 8 could've put one bounty down in the given time.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Ye the grind is an issue. Especially if you have things going on in real life and can't spend 12 hours straight a day running bounties while players are doing it.

I like the new episode approach in some ways but the bounty farm is very much forced down our throats here that it isn't fun. We'll see how the bounty farm is in a few weeks. On a Tuesday or Wednesday before weekly reset.
    • Like x 3
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

OK let me update this. This farm is going to be unbearable after last night's hot fix.

Seriously you can't phase to people you are in group with? How are 10 people meant to beat these bounties in the time frame!? Even once you have a full group of CR321 Max artifacts players you couldn't do these bounties in the timeframe (with 8 people).

You have to be lucky in a phase you are already in and hope lots more will join you - and stay there and never leave, go to another instance, or log out. You have to stay for the entire day in Patchwork Themyscira so you can run bounties.

This is ridiculous. Honestly ridiculous.

Either nerf the bounties big time, increase the timers considerably, or never ever do an episode with an open world like this again.
    • Like x 3
  14. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

How about all of the above?
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Given the theme of your forum name, thats quite the statement :O
    • Like x 2
  16. August Moon Well-Known Player

you can gradually get your gear pieces as the dlc goes on. the elite weapon you can spam on your downtime and takes less than 8 hours to get. generator mods can be replaced bit by bit but the ones that drop arent a complete waste . and the op helm can be gotten on one of those double mark weeks that you know will be coming out in a month or so . your alt only needs the renown for elite . after youre done with the main you can gradually gain the marks or spam on a doubles to triple weekend
    • Like x 1
  17. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

You're all complaining about the grind but let's be real here, if there was less grind then you'd all be complaining about there being nothing to do a week or 2 from now.
    • Like x 2
  18. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I got the 50x feats for the bounties last night. There are indeed kill 100x bounty feats for:

* Murk - 50 pt feat/ title: of the Sea
    * Hera/Athena - 50 pt feat/ title: of Olympus
    * Ares - 50 pt feat/ title: Conqueror of War
    * Steppenwolf/Kalibak - 50 pt feat/ title: of Apokolips
    • Like x 2
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

^ I came here to say this.
    • Like x 1
  20. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

Omg. Well, thanks (?!?!?) for the confirmation, lol. I think my dcuo soul just died inside a little. . .