The Grind

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darth Piper, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I was thinking about this earlier because I got stuck trying to get to a phase. Maybe if the phase is full you don’t allow a group invitation ...or if the person leaves your group and the phase is full when you do, you are moved to another phase... or create some kind of counter display that shows you when you can enter the phase with your group. I get why they had to do something like this... because people will get an invite, join the phase, and then leave group and start inviting more people, thus overfilling the phase.
    • Like x 1
  2. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

If the phase is full start shouting to group with people in your phase instead of using lfg.
    • Like x 1
  3. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

Ppl can never be satisfied. I’m loving this new dlc currently sitting on almost 2.5k aether after weapon neck rings purchases. It’s fun just chilling listening to music or hangin with the friends in chat while destroying bosses with my fellow heroes, ps4 dying on the inside lol. No need for replays! Literally the most fun I’ve had on this hame in a while. Bruh you don’t have to use replays! Rather this then having to kill 333 enemies or w.e the numbers were any day.
    • Like x 3
  4. Malivic01 Active Player

I am right there with ya! It is a lot of fun!

And while initially I was somewhat upset with the update, how the devs changed the ability to join/change phases (it impacted an afternoon of gaming for me), the new player cap allowed in a phase has made the open world bosses much more enjoyable. Definitely a fun dlc so far!
    • Like x 2
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I've stopped running the bounties til they figure something out with them. As a healer only player I'm not going to waste days and only get half credit, that to me is ridiculous for anyone who plays or is thinking of playing support roles.

Sad part is I was looking forward to this DLC, looking forward to grinding for all the goodies on the 2nd currency vendor, but not like this though.
    • Like x 2
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Let me ask you this, if you only got credit for 1/3 or 2/3 of what you were running wouldn't you be just as pissed? Pretty sure you would especially if you were playing time limits
    • Like x 2
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I've spent about 8hrs in the last few days, grouped up, in healer role for these bounties and 98% of the time I get top rewards. The only time I haven't gotten credit is when the room is too full and the boss doesn't become targetable. Then I'll get bottom marks.
  8. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

Course I would be lol. I need my aethers!
  9. AutoBot Rage Active Player

10. Schimaera Devoted Player

The 30-minute-cycles kinda suck. I'd rather have the bosses to prepare spawning immediately after the hydra is defeated. If you beat all five bounties within 15minutes or so it's an additional 15 minutes standing around and waiting.
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

LOL and people thought the CC bounty feats were bad.
    • Like x 2
  12. Brit Loyal Player

I spent 90 minutes today unable to phase to another shard, and shouting to try and join a group in my own shard. I did not ever receive an invite. I did, however, have some idiot tell me that I should just join the fight solo, as a healer, and use my weapon to attack, because he believed if I did any damage at all, I would somehow receive full rewards. Which we Support players know is not the case.

Not to be a poor sport about it, but with how obnoxious it is to even get into a group now, I refuse to go to the fights to help when I will not get rewards. So if the invite does not come, then I am not going to show up to help. I'm just filling a spot in the shard that locks out another player, and dinking around doing my dailies on the other side of the map.
    • Like x 4
  13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

My leaguemates that run support make sure they pop pets and an orbital to guarantee full top tier success rewards.

Heck, they should have at least invited you into the group to allow you to phase with the group (unless the phase had hit the hard cap).
  14. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I actually enjoying this.I know the grind is super insane but it's kinda fun if you just disconnect your brain and get on with it putting on some music and follow the flow :)
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It actually was true before....this new change in OW bosses has made it harder to solo AND role on them. I've done it, but mainly as tank, so I guess I'm in the mix enough as (except when I came in very late) I've gotten credit. Like Iconic said, pop pets orbitals and whatever you can do to make an impact on top of the heals. If you don't pack these things I'd say putting them in temporarily might be a good idea.

I find it more frustrating that if you are in a group and get knocked out early, but don't get picked up you are confronted with either A) maybe not getting any pay or B) fleeing and missing the boss count and pay. Bonus issues if you are on PS4 and might just disconnect when you flee/warp. If you are in the group, you should get credit as a group. I realize this is why we'll see squatters, but let the group leader deal with them by kicking them out. That doesn't help you on your solo situation, but I'd guess MOST days you will be able to find a group....they are plentiful (for now).
  16. Hraesvelg Always Right

Some of us have to do things like set up playlists, grab something to drink, use the restroom, dump inventory...maybe walk around a little bit so that we have circulation in our legs. Y'know, human things. LOL
    • Like x 3
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Assuming the timers are working right (they were not on nights 1 & 2). The most you should have to wait is about 8 min. Hydra alert goes out at :20, he appears at :21. Figure 2 min to kill it, repair, and get back to Murk's spawn at :23. Murk's alert goes out at :30 and Murk will appear on the :31. If you kill Hydra in 1 min, it would be 9 min wait max. Still it would be nice if the timers were based off of the previous boss's kill, but that would take the phases out of sync eventually, which I something I'd gather they do not want...though most of us would love it.
  18. L T Devoted Player

to be fair, those were, in fact, bad.
    • Like x 3
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've yet to see anyone saying 'Need group for daily 3 missions'. Now, I will agree that for now I'm doing 1 round of bounties per day on any toons I feel like advancing so those dailies are easy-peasie, but farmer toons get the 3 dailies only or the free mark only(just free mark more than likely). No time to have a level 60 healer toon plod through 120 adds for 3 marks and some gear that will translate to 0 value in salvage. I've also got no reason to have those same toons get 36 Aether per day (at best). Those toons get 1 bounty run a week max.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but unlike the CC bounties which were soloable by the time we were 40 CR over leveled, these bosses won't be because of the timers. If you are very over leveled, you could do a round of 8 CC bounties (not counting one of the ones IN CC...they spawn crappy) a day in 10-15 min solo. Even if you could eventually solo these new ones, you are going to need 30 min per round.

As bad as they were, I'll take 500 CC bounties over 100 of these new ones any day. I've got that feat complete on 5 accounts...no chance I ever hit 100 of these on any but my main account. I don't have 250 hours to spare.
    • Like x 1