The Grind

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darth Piper, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Schimaera Devoted Player

Sure, I bet these chores did hurt really bad when the previous world bosses were spawning at a faster rate. I have the same things to do and I stand by my post lel :confused:

/s
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

Maybe you've just been having a really easy time of finding phases where bounties are happening...but I've spent upwards of an hour just trying to find one that isn't already full. If I get in one, I'm going to ride it until I have a hard time commitment to something else. With previous bounties, it was always easy to phase into it and if I miss one, hey, I miss one. If I step away for a few minutes when a bounty is going on, I'm taking up a spot and making it harder for the group to complete. The occasional break is good, since these can get beyond tedious.

JackFrost's already said they have some changes in the works, so I'll hold further comment until I see what's cooking.
    • Like x 5
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What's funny is that in the past it seems like we were told by the devs that the OW bounty feats were not meant to be done in 1 or 2 sittings, which is what everyone did...knocked them out the first weekend in a marathon session. However, with the phase locking and the fact that the count is so high and the rotation takes so long it's almost FORCING us to do it they way they don't want us to...or didn't want us to...do it. Except I have a life and other things to do, I'd have knocked out 80 or 90 of them, and would just finish the last 10-20 over the next few months when the DLC is active. As it stands now I'll probably do 3-4 a day (90 min to 2 hours BTW) for a month if I can stomach it.
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

Yeah, I think I'm in the 30-40 range and I was still on the edge of just pure burnout this weekend. These old bones can't sit in one place for hours on end any more, LOL. I haven't really seen scaling work all that well, since it always appears that if it isn't a full phase going at it, the bosses fail, so I don't have a lot of hope they'll be easily done in two months. If we're not careful, next we'll get someone telling us it's unrealistic to expect to finish an episode's feats during the time the episode is the new hotness...
    • Like x 3
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I've just finished ALL the bounty feats. #ItsBeenDone
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I applaud your ....lack of outside interests....Bowel control....No-Doze consumption...dedication. No one said it was impossible. 50 hours would have taken 3 days with the abbreviated launch day Thursday...what took you so long? You should have finished Saturday afternoon.
    • Like x 3
  7. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Are you done? Ok then...we can skip with the low blows.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

OR.....it was a joke....maybe 50 hours of grinding mindless bosses has numbed your sense of humor. Don't worry, after a few days the sensation in your funny bone will return.

Seriously, congrats on getting it done, but it's still kind of wacky to do it in one sitting.
    • Like x 3
  9. AV Loyal Player

There's ~5-6 hours of aether grind once the kill feats are done also fysa.
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Kinda hard to distinguish jokes when the're in text. /Sarcasm or jk can clear misunderstandings like that.

It was something crazy I wanted to do, as everyone else was sweating at the idea of trying to do it. The devs were probably like "Oh, 50 is enough right? Nah make it 100 EACH. That will keep them busy for weeks!" For me getting it done in 5 days was my way of saying, " Good try devs, you haven't out grinded us yet!" Lol
    • Like x 2
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Ok then you cant fault others for being pissy when you admit openly you would too
  12. L T Devoted Player

That;s a fair point.

Also, the complete run takes 30 minutes. If you have a really skilled group, with the best tank on the server, an awesome healer and 6 perfect precision dps, you can get it down to 30 minutes. You're limited by the spawn timers, and hopping phases doesn't work. Also, the above group is very likely to fail unless there's two or three other decent groups in the same phase. And phases get crowded, so if you have enough mediocre DPS in your phase you can smash most of the bosses and still fail on the Hydra.

Nevertheless I maintain that the CC bounties were, in fact, bad. Sticken' to that story.
    • Like x 3
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry, I figured the 'what took you so long' indicated the joking part. But, great...now it will be 200 next time.

Sarcasm...but kind of not...I'm scared for next time now when the devs take their vengeance upon us/you for knocking these out 1st week.
    • Like x 2
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s been nearly a week and I’m so stressed out. Am I doing enough? Will there still be enough people doing this in a month or two? Will some of my beloved characters fall behind because they can’t get into a good phase in time? So much anxiety. It’s great to have something to do for a whole episode’s lifetime, but unless a ton of other people feel the same way, I’m out of luck.
    • Like x 1
  15. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I think this grind would be more alt friendly if the EA was tied to the account vs just tied to the toon, similar to stabilizers or quarks. Is that potentially something that could be looked into?
    • Like x 2
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That would be wonderful. I could knock out the beat them X times feats on a main, and get any additional marks I need by going around losing with a small team to stop me from being murdered by the bosses the whole time.
  17. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I prefer to think of it this way:
    Since I'm also getting AE (assuming I get the max, which I have been) Just by getting the feat, and without the bonus AE, that's 2,400 AE for the bosses and an additional 600 AE for getting the Hydra feat, which is 50 instead of 100. (I get 12 AE from the Hydra each time) So all together that's about 3,000 AE that I earn doing the feat, and believe me I can use those AE.
    +Now, if your augment is up, and you're getting the bonus AE, then you're getting 2800 for the 4 mains and 350 for the Hydra. Which will definitely help.
    Are the feats grindy? Sure. But you're getting a reward without a reset, which is a definite perk.
  18. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

I was talking about ppl complaining how it takes to long. What you are complaining about is something else entirely. But of testing after I read what you posted. I tank and got full aether, I troll n got full aethers. My friend is full healer and is getting full aethers. Idk what’s going on with you lol
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If you're in role and solo, you most likely won't get full Mark's. If you're a mediocre dps and solo, you probably won't get them either. If you're in role in a group of competitive burners, you'll get them as long as the phase isn't too full and you can't target the boss.
    It's easy, go dps if your group has a healer. There should only be 1 tank and 1 troll and they will figure out if there isn't any when the boss is jumping around without debuffs. 7 dps and a healer is what 90% of groups need to be.
  20. AdaptiveAndroid Well-Known Player

Should have just capped the feat to 50-75 kills and called it a day. I'm only at 33 and it feels like I've poured most of time on bounty spamming then anything else on this game.