The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terri Ashra Committed Player

That ones not producing the burst damage for me either.

Currently my build is speced to gg, p dart, cryofoam, ng and emp so I can test pretty much any combination except for cryofield and so far I've been doing round robin testing to check out 4 PI and 5 PI sequences.
  2. Terri Ashra Committed Player

I usually test on the sparing target without gear to establish changes because it's a more convenient baseline than recalculating might from gear and stats. Also helps to notice changes after updates too.
  3. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Not everyone though.

You wasn't the one reporting that the base damage dropped.

I'm talking about everyone that has been complaining about it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Philosophicles Well-Known Player

Terri
  5. Philosophicles Well-Known Player

Wow it didnt include my post lol

I asked if you would mind describing what you're doing for your 4/5 PI test because I think I might know what you're doing and why you're getting those results. If you explain your testing I'll know if it applies. Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  6. Philosophicles Well-Known Player

Stupid phones. My original post to you Terri is hidden in the quote as though you said what I asked. Sigh I hope you make sense of this disaster of a response lol
    • Like x 1
  7. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Round robin testing is basically a way to test multiple sequences. I was basically going
    Testing for Sticky bomb
    1. SB > GG > NG > SF > EMP or Dart
    2. SB > GG > SF > NG > EMP or Dart
    3. SB > NG > GG > SF > EMP or Dart
    4. SB > NG > SF > GG > EMP or Dart
    5. SB > SF > GG > NG > EMP or Dart
    6. SB > SF > NG > GG > EMP or Dart
    7. SB > CF > GG > NG > EMP or Dart
    8. SB > CF > NG > GG > EMP or Dart
    then rotating out to see if any of the powers produced the burst damage on EMP or Dart. I've been doing 5 rotations each, gear equipped and unequipped and with and without Max Damage mods. Testing the 5 PI rotations is so time consuming though and all the results are the same. It HAS to be 3 PI now.

Prior to the update you could get the damage as long as it had different power interactions but so far that's not working.

It's not a big deal unlike the change to stealth > EMP and the loss of my BA armory switch. It just let the dots have a bit more time to deal damage and let me perform 2 - 3 WM combos instead of 1 for the rotation.
  8. Philosophicles Well-Known Player

After I get off work I'll test a theory out real quick and let you know the results. If you want to do the test too then try doing the same rotations you stated above, but finish with sticky > emp at the end of the rotation (like a sticky sandwich)

1. SB> GG> NG> SF> SB> EMP or DART
    2. SB> SF> GG> NG> SB> EMP or DART

So on and so forth. I want to see if 4 powers just happens to have bad timing for the emp/dart hit to go off properly.
  9. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

My question is why use the fourth pi. The purpose of gadget am is to get as much registered am finisher as possible.

Just curious.
  10. FATALSTD New Player

The problem is emp is setup for 3 pi if u don't call the emp in that split second after setting the last pi u won't get the damage. And the only way to get p dart to hit hard is to use wm clipd in stealth the pdart otherwise pdart only hits for 6-10 At 6k might.
  11. SkullGang Devoted Player

P-Dart will still hit hard if used after Distract.
  12. FATALSTD New Player

hoe are u calling this power setup are u using wm or u just calling all 4 then emp?
  13. FATALSTD New Player

I know it will but it hits even harder if u clip it with wm stealth into dart. I've hit for 20k on it (crit). Split (3 targets) was around 7500-8500.
  14. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yeah but you can crit that high with Distract aswell.
  15. FATALSTD New Player

I wasn't getting that high with distract it was only reg hitting for 4500. And crit for 10000 12000.
  16. FATALSTD New Player

I'll get on tonight and check it out.
  17. FATALSTD New Player

Does anyone have some good vids of dps in after the nerf?
  18. Rokyn Dedicated Player

TheDark showing how to control the V-Lanterns in Love and War at the end with only one Tank:

• Like x 2
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Just to note, the V Lanterns are currently bugged in the way they respond to crowd control effects. They are supposed to behave like Martian Manhunters and not breakout. Once that fix goes in, they will be even easier to control.

As for Dark's videos, Dark is overdoing it in that situation. V Lanterns will not attack a Controller and Vexers will not drain a Controller's power - which is intended. There is a bug that causes the V Lantern not to attack anyone for long periods of time if you move them over by the entrance. So if you are doing it the way Dark is showing, you just need to reapply a stun effect every so often. No need to get fancy using decoy or attacking them.
  20. Heartsbane Committed Player

This is actually not accurate. I've been using the PDart in Love & War with great success. Using both the Distract> Dart and 3xPI> Dart methods, I've been registering 13k on (confirmed visually) at least 3 targets. I don't currently have a build that uses Stealth and focuses on Dart as the primary boost damage. Just to be open, this is with 170 sp maxing might and crits. Might is arouund 6100.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.