The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

Happens to me a lot. Frozen from foam or stasts' bubble will prevent further hits from registering the power return. Best thing to do when this happens is throw out some weapon attacks or change targets if its an option, otherwise you're going to drain all your power. The adds in the Historic District zone seem especially bad at breaking out; I'd end up with 4 or more encased at once lol.
  2. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

I'm AM PvP and use the same powers. I use stasis first; it's a great instant snare at range so it's handy to have out right away. Maybe it's because pvpers are better about breaking out right away, but I've had no issues using SF, GG, Foam, EMP in that order.
  3. Heartsbane Committed Player

Distract and 3xPI. I've managed a few alerts and one Love and War run. The damage is better than on a sparring target but still a noticeable amount less than before. Either way, it's still top tier damage so I'm not upset anymore. Lol
  4. Philosophicles Well-Known Player

If anyone having the problem of seeing lower numbers could post a vid showing your might then going through your rotation that would help. Then those of us that aaren't having any issues could maybe spot the differences, if any, and determine whether or not it's person specific or across the board.
  5. Terri Ashra Committed Player

I found out why were having conflicting reports on stealth > EMP burst damage. It's because of the max damage hand mod.

If you do not have the max damage mod equipped you will notice that the damage boost following stealth is significantly lower than the damage you get from 3x pi > EMP and Distract > EMP. However if you have the max damage mod the damage will be the same as distract and following 3 power interactions.
  6. Saiyan King New Player

So how many of you abuse the 2h into am lol
  7. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Just the ones who haven't moved onto shield yet ;)
  8. Saiyan King New Player

Lol shield is more broken then 2h?
  9. Terri Ashra Committed Player

If you use it right
  10. Saiyan King New Player

Omg hate when people say that. Lol dpsing with any power is easy dpsing with a fotm is even easier.
  11. Terri Ashra Committed Player

lol, currently the best weapon to use for me is brawling but I have don't use the AM outside of battle display. Just WM spam every second with a side of intimidation.
  12. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Try dpsing with pistols

:)
  13. Terri Ashra Committed Player

I have. I prefer brawling when going for pure damage. It's just a beautiful dance of death.

I used to main pistols and hand blasters back in the day.

On a side note, did you see my post about the max damage mod being responsible for our difference in stealth > EMP crits?
  14. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Yes

The thing is everyone should have that mod on.
  15. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Well, I feel that the change shouldn't have happened and it should be consistent without external influences. Like I said, prior to the last update it behaved that way so hopefully they'll revert it. I already reported it in the nerfs not in the patch notes thread but I don't have much hopes they'll fix it.

Unfortunately, the 4 or 5 power interaction > EMP/P Dart issue is still without a work around for now or a successful rotation so far. Bored of testing today though.
  16. Philosophicles Well-Known Player

What 4 or 5 PIs are you doing because I have had success with it using sb, sf, gg, ng emp
  17. Saiyan King New Player

Omg lol anytime I try to tell anyone on the forums the legit best rotation weapon ect. They always tell me some weak thing is the best. Lol really brawling lololololololol wonder why there are so many bad dps
  18. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I told you a while back what you were doing incorrectly in your rotation:
    cryofoam> gauss grenade > fear gas > vortex cannon > stasis field > EMP
    Vs
    cryofoam > gauss grenade > fear gas/jump > stasis > EMP
    The 3PI is registering your last 3 casts and on that first one and it's getting Fear gas, Vortex Cannon, and Stasis Field and fear gas isn't setting up any burning. On the second one it's getting GG, feargas, and Stasis and there it's getting the burning after GG.
    Unless you're using something different now.
  19. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

It can't be because of the ht mod.

It's either you had it equip before update and after pr you don't.
  20. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Ok, i'm finally settled down on my laptop.

So here is my explanation to that theory.

in GU42, you have to consider, Most DPS already have the Max Damage hand mod. It's just too good of a mod that not all powers really need the other hand mods.

Pretty much, those already wearing it before GU 42, after GU 42, they wouldn't see a difference. Because there was nothing changed to it.

Now for those not wearing it before GU 42, after GU 42, their would still be no difference. Because nothing changed.

Unless you intentionally removed Max Damage out, you wouldn't really notice a difference. And from the intensive test that me and Penryn did, (We wanted to see the benefits of having Max damage versus not having it because Gadgets had other tricks that we could use from improved stealth or enable channeling). You won't notice anything till the overall end.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.