The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gadget*Switch New Player

Try being a little bit faster on your timing. I use Decoy daily and it can be blown up twice. No changes has been made to this power. But in most cases you may only get a chance to blow up your Decoy once.
  2. Gadget*Switch New Player

Yo Dark!
    When are we gonna Link up in game and talk Gadget talk?
  3. TheDark Devoted Player

Despite what you read anywhere a Battery is a play style. PoT cast power is a must. These days Defib is a must. GG can be in a load out (recommended highly) and a power supercharge is favored. It is possible to go without if you have a good controller partner. It's recommended you have it so you can restore the good to full when mess up and spam until they're empty under pressure or a burn the boss phase. Battery's don't do much of anything else. Cast pot, use power transfers, have a power charge, use your weapon to restore power to yourself, take advantage of weapons that replenish your bar, apply the double tick method as every 20 seconds and cast trinkets. That play style is easy and simple. It's really a 3 or 4 load out thing. That's all you need to be a good battery.

My pve damage load out is maybe a page or 2 behind this one. Someone asked for my rotation too and it's in there.

My pve controller load out is sticky bomb GG defib. The last 3 change up. Usually it's speed drain and distract. The last slot changes depending on what I feel like using and will take out SD or distract if I want 2 wildcard powers. It's either foam, field if I melee troll, intimidation, or batarangs.

I'm dual spec right now. The only iconic inmates I get are the damage percent ones and the plus 100 power and vit50. It is possible to do without the last one.

I know that some of the other powers only have one or a few load outs that'll put out high total damage. Gadgets is different. I'm not going to say every combination can deal high damage but there is definitely options. Total damage wise, not considering speed, we have options.

Many players take the term DPS role (damage per second) literally. Again the term is called Damage role. DPS is what's done through weapon use. Favor has gone into applying quick damage. We're overgeared so its possible to kill things in 2 seconds. Note that quick damage doesn't mean you'll get overall maximum damage compared to other powers.

Yes there is a load out and rotation that allows you to deal quick damage per second. There is also a load out and powers that deal heavy damage but are slower. I will not go the omaar route because I've seen how players take advantage of that information and disregard the heavy cost. There is a load out that is near spammable and applies constant dots but it won't come out of my mouth. The power cost is cheap. The problem becomes when players cast a load out rotation too often. The high rate at which its cast will make it difficult for the average controller to refill the team. There are many factors to consider for it to work. If it was promoted and everyone used it gadgets would just fall victim to what HL has gone through in terms of power consumption.

Some gadget players already use alot of power without a proper weapon rotation to allow controllers to fill them. So I'm sorry but I can't te you that. I can only give you advice on how to improve.
    • Like x 1
  4. Rumour Committed Player

I'm not that slow. :eek:
    Anyways, did some testing on my alt, it doesn't despawn after the first detonation. Was able to to perform a second detonation.
    It's just bugged on my main toon, it will despawn after the first detonation.
  5. TheDark Devoted Player

I'm not on that much but I'm usually open to talk about anything. It's difficult to do it if I'm pvping doing solocontent or in the middle of a raid. Just give me a heads up. It's raid day( pre replay badges term) so I might log in today.
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

The game did you dirty
  7. Rumour Committed Player

More testing, it seems 1 toon can detonate twice, and 2 others can't. This is weird. o_O
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

From the Game Update 24 Notes:

• When healing is calculated, Dominance is now added directly to your Restoration and the two stats combined to determine the final value. Prior to this, heal abilities available to Tank and Controller power types scaled independently with both stats. Depending on how you are geared you may see either a small increase in amount healed or no change. This directly affects the following abilities: Envelop, Absorb Heat, Backdraft, Burning Determination, Burnout, Consume Objects, Fiery Weapon, Overheat, Stoke Flames, Eternal Flame, Reignition, Anesthetic, Hibernation, Ice Elemental, Word of Power, Restore, Triage, and Convalesce.
    • The following abilities are also affected when the Regenerative Shielding Mod is in use: Gemstone Shield, Flux, Energy Shield, Reflection, Hard Light Shield, Light Barrier, Telekinetic Shield, Swarm Shield, and Boon of Souls.
    I will do some testing later to see how healing has been impacted for these powers and mods.

• Like x 1
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Some GU 24 testing:
    With 752 Restoration/860 Dominance and no speccing into any Restoration innates, here are the results I got for Anesthetic:

Attempt #1:
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 344
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 287
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 330
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 272
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 294
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 251
    Total Healing: 2108

Attempt #2:
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 308
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 308
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 301
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 337
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 251
    Total Healing: 2136

Attempt #3:
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 366
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 366
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 294
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 258
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 247
    Total Healing: 2162

Some results from casting Energy Shield:
    Penryn's Energy Shield critically healed Penryn for 763
    Penryn's Energy Shield critically healed Penryn for 703
    Penryn's Energy Shield healed Penryn for 409
    Penryn's Energy Shield healed Penryn for 495
    Penryn's Energy Shield healed Penryn for 581
    Penryn's Energy Shield healed Penryn for 509

Some results from Word of Power:
    Penryn's Word of Power healed Penryn for 359
    Penryn's Word of Power healed Penryn for 366
    • Like x 2
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Just for comparison, these numbers are from the LIVE server:

845 Restoration/902 Dominance

Anesthetic Attempt #1:
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 202
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 208
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 211
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 217
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 202
    Total Healing: 1459

Anesthetic Attempt #2:
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 199
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 199
    Penryn's Anesthetic healed Penryn for 205
    Total Healing: 1456

Some results from casting Energy Shield (with the Regenerative Shielding Mod):
    Penryn's Energy Shield healed Penryn for 379
    Penryn's Energy Shield healed Penryn for 364
    Penryn's Energy Shield healed Penryn for 367
    Penryn's Energy Shield healed Penryn for 373
    Penryn's Energy Shield healed Penryn for 367

Some results from Word of Power:
    Penryn's Word of Power healed Penryn for 168
    Penryn's Word of Power healed Penryn for 171

Compare those numbers with the previous post. My Live character has superior stats, but is doing way less healing with the current healing calculations. GU 24 is definitely going to result in improved healing abilities for controllers. I'm almost afraid to see what this is going to do for fire tanks.
    • Like x 1
  11. Death Throe New Player

I've always loved Anesthetic as a cheap SC I can use when in trouble or to help get a fallen teammate up. I am glad they are tweaking the heal rate to take dominance more into account. I will use it even more often for those "oh crap!" moments.
  12. NCR RANGER New Player

So if we only plan on using distract or Neural Neutralizer, don't put our extra skill points into restoration?
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

If you spec into restoration, both Distract and Neural Neutralizer will be able to absorb a couple hundred extra points of damage - for whatever that is worth. Besides that, those powers don't have a healing component.
  14. NCR RANGER New Player

So do you recomend I take my extra 3 skill points out of "+15 health" and put them into another restoration node?
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

It is hard to say without knowing how much SP you have and what kind of loadout you plan on running. I run Distract/NN in PvP and decided to take Health ahead of Restoration when I was around ~140 SP. I'm almost done filling out my Restoration innates and then plan on filling out my Defense innates.

I think you'll get the best use out of Restoration if you run a shield heavy loadout and can make use of the Shield Regeneration mod.
  16. NCR RANGER New Player

I'm at 130 sp with 3426 health and 817 resto
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

If I was in your position, I would wait until I finished all of my health innates and then spec into Restoration. The extra shield strength is nice on Distract/NN, but isn't a big enough boost to make me sacrifice my health stat.
  18. NCR RANGER New Player

Intimiditation + Martial arts + controller stance = omfg no way! It's like the power of Batman is bestowed upon you. I've been trying it out for a while now and like it a lot.

Here's the thing though, when I activate it in controller stance, my critical hit chance skyrockets, I can do a full 20hit combo with the crit procs being around 325, but the crazyiest thing is that each spin punch was critting from 1047 to 1500 and that is consistently within that 20 hit combo, all 4 were critical., and that's without even laying down a gaus grenade cf and defib.

Even more interstingly is the fact that highest tier alert and duo bosses even cower.

So since this is such a unique ability, are the procs determined by might or dom or both? And does higher dom increase the likelyhood that it will infact controll a high level boss/

Any suggestions on what ability to complement with Intimidation
  19. TheDark Devoted Player

Intimidation
    [IMG]
    • Power Cost of 250
    • Cool Down of 15 seconds
    • Empowers your attacks to cause additional damage and force enemies to cower in fear.
    • [Control Role] Gives 7 random PROCs or 15 seconds of additional damage and crit.
    • [Control Data] Will stunt one target. Depending on your weapon it also can juggle, knock back, and knock down.
    • [Damage Role] Increases all damage by 35% until the hit counter resets (at least five seconds)
    • [Damage Data] Total of 7 random PROCs. PROCs are procedures of yellow (might) damage. Low Base Damage of 15. High Base Damage of 25.
    • [Tips and Tricks] This adds damage along with your weapon as you regenerate power back. This power applies a stun,even in damage stance, when it PROCs to stop the NPC from dealing damage. This boost will apply to the first power used and has a chance to PROC off the initial hit of most offensive powers. Damage Over Time ticks don't set off the procedure of yellow damage from Intimidation (it's random yellow damage). It has a greater chance be set off with weapon use. The farther you go into the 7 PROCs of damage, the more damage it does. As long as Intimidation is on cool down, it has a chance to PROC. This power is single target. Intimidation, a personal buff, can cancel out a power used before it and can be cancelled out by another self buff like a trinket, Defib, cola, or power like Distract. This allows the power to still work but it cuts the cast time from 1.5 seconds long to .2. Also known as "clipping."
    Keep in mind that regardless of how much Dominance you have some NPC’s (non-person/playable character) CANNOT be controlled.
    I pulled this up. It's the info i worked on. You're more likely to cause the stun on lower tiered content leveled bosses. You're not going to stun a t4 raid level boss off of Intimidation's proc. It's might based and dom has nothing to do with it's random proc stun. You'll get it in either role.
    As for putting skill points into health or resto, perhaps I'm too laid back but the gain you get from either in total isn't significant for me to care. I personally go for resto first so that if I need to pop a shield it wont get destroyed quickly within those 5 seconds of damage absorption. They both grant 15 points. If it was 100 or so, I might choose health. It doesn't really matter.
  20. TheDark Devoted Player

Thanks for letting me know. Didn't even know about the update.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.