The Force will be with you. Always......Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

OOTINI!
    • Like x 1
  2. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

You have some affinity to Obi Wan's way of.... describing things yourself as it seems :D Lucas did not allow a non canon universe, Lucas made it. Whenever Lucas licensed a story first, made money from that license and later decided that whatever was allowed then is now hindering the creation of a "cool new story", Lucas created another part of that non canon universe. And after it existed anyway, Lucas sold more licenses for works to be directly a part of the non canon universe.

That said: the Tag & Bink stories were probably the best ever created for that Star Wars universe :D

Hopefully, the title is right and all the Jedi crap is done for after the movie :D Besides that, I agree: the title is odd. However, "The Force Awakens" is worse (faaaaaaaaaar worse) and "Rogue One" is, as a title, on the niveau of a fan film (well, effectively it was one, produced with official licensing and big budget, but everything else says fan film all over :D)....
    • Like x 2
  3. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

It really depends on what defines someone as a Jedi. Is it enough just to have some Jedi training? Is there a difference between Jedi and Jedi Knight? Yoda made Obi-wan a Jedi Knight at the end of The Phantom Menace but the opening crawl specifically calls him a Jedi Knight. Can you be a Jedi Knight before you're a Jedi Knight?

[IMG]

Kanan's lack of training and rank at the time of Order 66 doesn't mean he's not a Jedi. He had more Jedi training than Luke. Also, Kanan was made a knight (knighted?) by a ghost/vision of the Grand Inquisitor.

I agree they could become gray Jedi like Ahsoka. Especially with the introduction of the Bendu on Rebels this season. I don't think Disney has the balls to kill them off.
    • Like x 1
  4. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I'm pretty sure, Yoda told Luke that he wouldn't be a Jedi until he confronted Vader. So even Luke didn't become a "Jedi" until the end, though this was probably outside of the normal circumstances. So it seems the early ranks are rather meaningless, you're basically regulated to "Jedi-In-Training" until you can face down your greatest fears.

In layman's terms everything below Master and you're Roadie/Tech/Security person for a Rock Band. You're part of the band but not in the band.:eek:
    • Like x 1
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Actually the title of Master is a separate distinction of Jedi, though the title gets widely used not all Jedi are Masters. Knight is the term for those that complete their trials and become a full Jedi, thus becoming a Jedi Knight.

There are other ways to become a Master but the main/common way is for a Knight to successfully train a Padawan to Knight status. As I recall Ki-Adi-Mundi had the title of Master and made it on to the council without ever taking on a Padawan.

Yes, Luke confronting Vader and the Emperor and not falling to the dark side was his final trial, which then made him a Jedi Knight. As we have seen since, Luke's training was no where near the normal Jedi training.
    • Like x 2
  6. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Darth Vader: We meet again, at last. When I left you I was, but the learner. Now, I am the master.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: Only a master of evil, Darth.

A great clip from Star Wars: Episode - A New Hope.

• Like x 1
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Obi-wanna-cookie is ignoring the fact that Darth is still a Master, no debating about it
    As though being a Master of Evil doesn't count :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  8. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

Tag and Bink were excellent. I also dug Garth Ennis' take on storm trooper training, which was more or less rendered moot by the whole clone thing.
    • Like x 2
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

The teaser has been released and it's a bit underwhelming but it's a teaser that leaves so many questions
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  10. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I think the tittle means that Luke and Rey should breake the old doctrine of the Jedi of seeing the Force as a Dual entity and embrace it as a whole, therefore creating a new reality and paradigm for the Force sensitive users they may train in the Future.
    • Like x 1
  11. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

I'm going to get some stick for saying this and I deserve what I get: I've grown to hate ( I've read a number of the books{ Thrawn Trilogy, Crimson Empire, Jedi Search, etc.}, played the video games, and played the pen and paper rpgs { West End Games and Wizards Of The Coast}, so I've got some Star Wars skin in the Star Wars game) Star Wars.....that said, I will be seeing the next movie.

• Like x 2
  12. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

What's Star Wars?
    • Like x 1
  13. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I am very much looking forward to this.

I am a fan from the beginning and I just enjoy getting to see more of that world.
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That's what it seems to me: Luke was basically saying there is more than just 'Light' and 'Dark' and 'Balance' and that it's time to end the Jedi Order (that has basically been destroyed by Palps and Vader and was becoming corrupt towards the end anyway) and start something new, with his daughter at the head of it :p
    • Like x 2
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That poster would have looked sooo much better if both faces were the same size
    • Like x 4
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Does that poster resemble "A New Hope" to anyone else? Or maybe something else, it's similarity to something is driving me even more nuts
    • Like x 1
  17. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

You are correct, there is a similarity to one of the New Hope posters
    • Like x 1
  18. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

The NBA had those two half faces announcements for upcoming games in their 2011 or 2012 season IIRC. Also, they managed to get the half faces to actually about the same size :p

[IMG]

When the fan ficiton crossover products become cooler than the original product, a franchise actually does have trouble :D
    • Like x 1
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Was actually meaning the light sabre effect, don't care about basketball, certainly not about some hyped up NBA
    • Like x 1
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I am really enjoying watching all the "Jedi is plural" obsessed going crazy to prove themselves right.

The best is people saying, the German translation is plural, over and over, like the more they say it will make it true to the movie.
    • Like x 1