The Force will be with you. Always......Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 23, 2017.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    It's been officially announced that the title for the next Star wars episode after The Force Awakens will be The Last Jedi
    [IMG]

My reaction led me to speculate twofold. First this better mean since we left off Rey finding Luke and Episode VIII will be more Luke oriented or Luke ends up dying and Rey becomes the last hope which will definitely make me not happy :mad: I will go all dark side

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

You forget young padawan ,"Jedi" is not just a single, it also describes more than one , "the Jedi counsel" "the Jedi way" "the Jedi fought in the clone wars " etc
    • Like x 3
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Lol, of course Jedi can be plural too which can mean Luke and Rey being the last of them but with the title being so vague you can't help but speculate what's going to happen especially how Rey was so op, hopefully the questions that were left unanswered are answered
    • Like x 1
  4. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

<--- the Last Jedi
    • Like x 1
  5. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Fixed
    • Like x 3
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Look at the lettering. It's red with white in the middle with black between the letters. And it's in December.

The last Jedi is Santa Claus.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

It is a rather odd title.

I'm sure there are many interpretations to what it means and I'm sure Obi-wan's words will be sighted to explain it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Rogue one already acknowledged Rebels being in the same universe. Rogue One happened 5 BBY, just 5 shy years of New Hope, even though we don't know yet the fate of Ezra, he's right along the same age of Luke that time. Sketchy but I'm still open to the idea of Ezra being alive around the present.
    • Like x 2
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

That was never in question, Disney has cleaned up Lucas' mistake of allowing a non canon universe to exist. It was stated that everything allowed by Disney to be made (novels, comics, cartoons, movies, etc.) is all apart of the same universe and canon. But it was a good they made sure to include some elements of Rebels in the movie, it is rare for cartoon and live action to mix in that way.

You made a type-o there (hopefully), think you meant to say Rebels started at 5 years BBY. Rogue One takes place roughly a month before that battle.
    • Like x 1
  10. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

To me, almost every Star Wars title is odd at first. They usually take a while to get used to.

Grammatically, it's similar to "A New Hope." The red in the logo reminds me of Return of the Jedi.

I like the title. It's a little ambiguous and mysterious, but not overly so. At the same time, it's also specific and understandable. Plus it just sounds cool. IMO much better than The Force Awakens which, as a title, is vague and boring.

Yoda said Luke was the last of the Jedi, The Ep 7 crawl said he was the last Jedi and Snoke referred to him as the last Jedi. Ep 8 is called The Last Jedi. It's doubtful that Kanan or Ezra will be in Ep 8 in any way. Doesn't have to mean they're dead. Maybe they're not Jedi anymore, but...

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Spoiler alert: Luke dies in the end :rolleyes:

On a serious note, that's what many people speculate, but Jedi could also be plural and they're referring to Rey as well.
    • Like x 1
  12. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Snoke uses the phrase in The Force Awakens in reference to Luke. I don't think it's indicative to the plot of the story, but rather that he's going to be a main focus of the movie.

Snoke: The droid will soon be delivered to the Resistance, leading them to the last Jedi. If Skywalker returns, the new Jedi will rise.
    • Like x 1
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Oh yeah, the new movie title was released recently.

So let's see, that means a ton of speculation that may be completely and totally off-base starts up and will die down just in time for the first teaser trailer, which will start another wave of potentially off-base speculation, which will continue until the actual theatrical trailers hit, all culminating in a group of hardcore fans being completely dissatisfied with the end result of the film because it didn't live up to what they expected.

Yup, sounds like the usual cycle for a new Star Wars film all right. :D
    • Like x 1
  14. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

I just love laughing at all the fan boys that get so nervous about a movie title
    • Like x 1
  15. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

imma call it now... BB8 is the last jedi.
    • Like x 2
  16. Here2Help Devoted Player

Looking forward to the movie. Will be interesting to see why they went with the title.
    • Like x 1
  17. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I think there's a bit of leeway here because Kanan was just a Padawan, and he's basically guiding Ezra with the basics. They will probably just end up as true Gray "Jedi".
    • Like x 1
  18. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Ezera marries Sabine (who's mom was queen of the mandalorians , and had an affair with obe), and have a daughter named rey(obe's granddaughter) , it was a Kenobi as a master teaching the skywalker's , now it's a skywalker teaching a kenobi :p
    • Like x 1
  19. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

No. no... Obi-Wan and Satine had Sabine Wren who will eventually meet up with Luke and they will have Rey... That would make Rey's bloodline include Kenobi-Kryze/Skywalker and be Jedi-Mandalorain royalty.:eek:
    • Like x 1
  20. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Lol, u to serious, drink some decafe ;)
    • Like x 1