The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

If you haven't watched the new Digimon Adventure Tri, I'd suggest you stop what you're doing and watch it. Now. Leave your kids, leave your wife, quit your job, go watch it. Now.
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

There is a major reason for her saying "I wish you had never woken up". I am not sure how far the anime is at currently but the reasoning is shown in the manga.
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, the lastest episode I saw (episode 7) ended with showing what she does before Kimito wakes up and she greets him with that line. Nothing beyond the previews for the next episode was shown after that scene.

They have yet to show why she does that, along with answering some questions posed to her by a student she assisted just before waking Kimito for the day. But I think Hulu might be behind by a week on that show (some Funimation shows they air right away on Hulu, some are slightly delayed) so episode 8 may have already aired and I haven't seen it yet.

I am intrigued about where it's headed, but I'm also patient enough to endure the wait to get there, so I do appreciate both you and Skopos refraining from posting any spoilers. :)

Besides, I got hooked on Actually I Am... pretty quick and have some other shows (current season and queue backlog) that I can watch to keep me busy until the next episode (or whenever they start revealing stuff). :D
  5. LightOfQuantum Committed Player

6. Sabigya Steadfast Player

[IMG]
  7. LightOfQuantum Committed Player

[IMG]
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You... do realise that MLP:FiM doesn't count, don't you? o_O
    By the way, there is an unoccupied bridge over that way --->
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Thanks for sharing your opinion, but unfortunately you're going to find yourself in the minority in this particular thread.

Perhaps if you had actually taken the time to articulate your thoughts as to why you feel that way something productive might have come out of your contribution. Doesn't seem too likely at this point, though.
  10. Diligent Diggles Well-Known Player

So I've reached the final canon subbed episode of Naruto:Shippuden, and have no intentions of watching endless fillers since the story is really good right now. I was wondering if there are any other animes like Naruto:Shippuden or revolves solely around ninjas. Any other anime suggestions are welcomed as well.
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

With ninja shows, the only recent one that comes to mind immediately is Ninja Slayer From Animation (yes, that's the full title lol). There's also Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash but that one is more than a little fanservice-centric.

As for other suggestions, it'd probably depend on what kinds of shows/genres you're looking for.
  12. Diligent Diggles Well-Known Player

I like high-octane action, and stuff that really makes you think outside the box.
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

For "thinking outside the box" I think Punch Line or Charlotte might be some options. Punch Line's story unfolds in a really unique fashion, and Charlotte was a show that started a lot of conversations here. Both do have some decent action to them as well.

I'm not as well versed on straight-up action shows, so I'll defer to others on that. However, I would recommend Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? It's got a fair amount of action to it, and two of the fights against monsters by the main character are well worth watching.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Doh, forgot all about One Punch Man as an action show. :oops:
  15. Yui Loyal Player

Basilisk
    Flame of Recca
    Himawari
    King of Nabari

You can find the rest here:

The only anime I know on the list is Flame of Recca. I watched it as a child and I remember really enjoying it. Might re-watch it because now I have the ability to understand what's going on LOL.

16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, I plowed through Actually I Am... pretty quick, but that's to be expected with me and harem-style comedy shows, especially if it's a decent one. :D

The comedy in the show is great. They have a lot of fun with Asahi's inability to hide any kind of secret (hence the nickname "Leaky Basket" ) all through the show, but with how dense Shiragami (the object of his affections) can be, there's even more to work with. There are some misses with the comedy, but overall it provided me with more than a few laughs.

They also have fun throwing in twists on the secrets other characters are keeping. For example, with the female lead hiding that she's a vampire, the most obvious choice for another female character nicknamed "The Iron Lady" (who also has what appears to be a large screw sticking out of the back of her head) would be something like a Frankenstein's Monster. But that's not they way they go, and it provides a lot of great material.

As for the harem comedy aspects, it's decently developed. Watching the girls as their feelings develop was done well and it's not tough to come out of the end of the show with a particular favorite you might be pulling for.

There are stronger shows out there, and the ending leaves things in place should there be a second season, but overall if you're a fan of romantic comedy shows (and harem shows in particular) it's worth a look.
  17. Leafy Committed Player

18. Yui Loyal Player

To be honest, I haven't seen them yet lol.
    • Like x 1
  19. Leafy Committed Player

ah they are pretty good! I just want to know who ends up with sora lol ;)
  20. Yui Loyal Player

SPOILER ALERT! STOP READING IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN DIGIMON ADVENTURE 02:

If you've seen Digimon Adventure 02, the last episode shows Sora ends up with Yamato. They even have kids. Toei also confirms this.
    http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan:Sora_Takenouchi#Yamato_.22Matt.22_Ishida
    http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Matt_and_Sora's_daughter#Matt_and_Sora.27s_daughter
    http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Matt_and_Sora's_son#Matt_and_Sora.27s_son
    • Like x 1