The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I may have posted similar thoughts about another show, but in regards to YuruYuri it's new. I hadn't watched the show before.
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It was that specific post (sometimes have 'future' dreams about ordinary things like this, real pain in the neck! why couldn't it be something useful, like details about an upcoming lottery draw :p)
  3. Skopos Well-Known Player

This thread is still going?????
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I can be very persistent in talking about things I like, and contributions from folks like Yui, Bendmetal, DarkVisor and Sabigya have gone a long way towards keeping the conversation going.

I'll probably keep posting to the thread until I hit burnout on anime or the forums shut down. :D

and cue the jokes/snarky comments on my last statement in 3, 2, 1.....:p
  5. Yui Loyal Player

Yep.
  6. Yui Loyal Player

Hopefully, it will only be a temporary burnout if you do get to that point. As for the forums shutting down, I don't even want to think about it since it's one of the sites I frequent everyday even though I don't really play DCUO anymore.
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Why wouldn't it be still going? Did they stop making anime? Did new people stop coming to the forums? Does Kermit love pork? o_O
    • Like x 1
  8. Skopos Well-Known Player

Lol, I just thought the thread would of naturally died, even more so with DC's current state, also do you guys recommend any anime from this year fall season??
  9. Yui Loyal Player

Anti-Magic Academy (having mixed feelings on this one because I find it kinda annoying, but the story is interesting somehow)
    Asterisk War (story is similar to Chivalry)
    Chivalry of a Failed Knight (story is similar to Asterisk War)
    Noragami Aragoto (if you've seen the 1st season)
    One Punch Man (haven't seen this yet, but many people seem to like it given how I've seen so many posts about it on different social media and anime sites)
    Seraph of the End 2 (if you've seen the 1st season)
  10. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I just watch whatever I can that is on Netflix. I've seen just about everything that they've had on there for the last couple of years.
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'd second the Asterisk War, Chivalry and One Punch Man suggestions, I've enjoyed all three shows so far (little more preference for Chivalry over Asterisk War, but that's just me). I'm still working through season one of Seraph and haven't watched any of Noragami (either season) or Anti-Magic Academy so I can't say much about those.

Outside of those I'd suggest Concrete Revolutio (really interesting once you get a grasp of the storytelling method) and maybe Shomin Sample (a little more on the silly harem comedy side).
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Fortunately I've learned some of the signs I manifest when I start getting close to burnout, so if I see any of those signs I know to back off a bit. As for the forums, if they follow the same path as SWG, the forums will keep going as long as the game is running. So until/unless they announce the game shutting down, the forums should be around for a while. :)
  13. Yui Loyal Player

So, I finally started Log Horizon after putting it off for like several months now. I gotta say, it's definitely interesting. It's kinda hard for me to say this but I think I like it slightly better than SAO.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Shomin Sample just surprised me a bit.

In the show, all the students at the elite school Kimito was taken to (or kidnapped by, depending on your view) are served by their own personal maids, and that was extended to Kimito. Kimito's maid happens to be the head maid at the school, and from the start she's shown non-stop disdain and hostility towards him. Insults, some threats, even a couple of "Tch!" moments right in front of him. She even greets him in the morning by first asking if he's awake, followed immediately by saying, "I wish you had never woken up." It's been consistent throughout the show and used for great comedic effect.

The post-credits segment in episode 7 threw a whole new light on that and has got me interested in seeing where they go with it. Between that scene and the developing friendships between the girls there just might be some meat on the bones of that show after all.
  15. Skopos Well-Known Player

I read the manga and there is a twist on his relationship with the maid that's going to surprise you like it did me.
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What, what anime is this from?
  17. Yui Loyal Player

If you take a look at the video description, it says that the anime used is Kemeko Deluxe.
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thank you, wasn't sure, had seen those 'girlsuits' before, and they look kinda cute :oops:
  19. Yui Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'll have to keep an eye out for that. Hulu surprised me yesterday with finally making Actually I Am... available, so now I have something else to keep an eye out for.