The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

So, who else on here watches anime, and what are your favorite series to watch? I just started getting into a few different series a couple of months ago, but now that I've started, I'm finding it difficult to stop, so I'm currently building up a list on some animes to watch in my spare time.... If you've got any suggestions, questions, or just want to chat about some of your favorite animes, feel free to do it here!

Here's my list so far:

Seen
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Red Garden
    Naruto*
    One Piece*
    Inuyasha*
    RWBY (my current obsession)
    Watamote
    Code Lyoko*
    Yu-Gi-Oh* (or however you spell it)
    Pokémon* (I technically consider Pokémon more of a "cartoon" than anime, since it's kind of veered off into its own category over the years, although the style is considered anime)

Plan on Watching:
    Sword Art Online (seen the first 3 eps. so far)
    Attack On Titan
    Black Butler
    Sailor Moon Crystal
    ....And I have more that I can't remember off the top of my head

*indicates all of the anime series I used to watch as a kid, but no longer remember the majority of the storylines, or have lost interest due to never-ending storylines

Your turn! Have fun! :D
    • Like x 11
  2. Zuse Loyal Player

Im not that much into anime but i am into stories that force you to use your mind
    i am into what you call "deep" stuff
    so i highly recommend
    Death Note

and a friend told me that there is another anime that is as well psychologic called...Another
    • Like x 6
  3. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is definitely one you might like, then. Not only does it love to toy with your emotions (the OVA is probably one of the best movies I've seen in a loooong time), but the main theme causes you question a lot about the human imagination, and whether it's possible for one person to change the very infrastructure of the world. It's really complex, but very fun, and at times, very dark.
  4. MercPony Devoted Player

I've seen so many anime it would take me far too long to list them all... but I do wanna recommend one I have rewatched recently :)

Puella Magi Madoka Magica (or just Madoka Magica). It adds a very dark and twisted view on the concept of magical girls and has very relate-able and interesting characters. Madoka is my personal favorite :)
    • Like x 5
  5. Meta Flare New Player

Yay..your back.

As for the topic I like so many...

My two favs being bleach and dbz.
    Naruto
    Elfen lied
    Deadman wonderland even though I missed a lot of it
    Attack on Titan
    Sword art online
    Sword art online 2
    Vampire knight
    Van helsing
    Cowboy bebop
    Rurouni kenshin
    Yuyu hakusho
    Samurai champloo
    Fairy tale
    RWBY
    Kill la kill
    Fate stay

I know there are more and there is a couple I've been meaning to check out but I can't remember the names. I'd have to do some research.

I just started black rock shooter.

I usually stick to a theme...I like action oriented anime but I'm not adverse to creepy, horror, girly, romantic types either.
    • Like x 5
  6. Meta Flare New Player

I heard some people talking about this lately and when I was watching cosplay heroes on syfy someone dressed as the Madoka character and the costume was nice.
    • Like x 2
  7. Meta Flare New Player

I just remembered one I watched a long time ago. Wolfs rain, it was pretty good.
  8. AkikoTsunami Committed Player

I grew up with my brother watching Starblazers and Gaiking. One of my favs is A Vision of Escaflowne (the series not the crappy feature film)
    • Like x 1
  9. Juxes Committed Player

I love DBZ, been watching since childhood, first anime i watched and is what got me into anime overall.

I watched

Dbz
    Naruto
    Bleach
    One Piece
    Attack On Titan
    Gurren Lagann
    Cowboy Bebop
    Trigun
    Samurai Champloo
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Initial D
    Fairy Tail
    Inyuyasha
    Digimon
    Pokemon
    Yu-Gi-oH
    Blue Exorcist
    Death Note

( idk if digimon, pokemon, and yugioh are really considered anime but they were made in japan and have similar artwork so i guess)

My favorite is cowboy bebop, it is essentially a masterpiece imo, good characters, nice plot, amazing soundtrack, english voice acting is better than the original, and a very good climatic ending. If anyone hasn't watched it i strongly suggest it.
    • Like x 3
  10. Crimson Jonni New Player

Free i suggest you take your sweet time with sao and aot. Dont do what i did a while back when a friend introduced me to em and watch like 5 eps a night
    • Like x 1
  11. Crimson Jonni New Player

Dragonballz isnt an anime in my eyes, its a cartoon among cartoons. Rivaled by none. Back when i was little Jonathan and it used to come on cartoon network
    • Like x 1
  12. Korlick Loyal Player

BANG...!!!

...See you Space Cowboy...
    • Like x 2
  13. Juxes Committed Player

Your Signature really made me LOL
    • Like x 3
  14. Juxes Committed Player

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    • Like x 1
  15. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure dominates all.
  16. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Is this the cartoon thread?
  17. Faust74 Loyal Player

Anyone ever feel like a pervert watching anime? I know I have. Kill La Kill, Panty & Stocking, Highschool of the Dead and Desert Punk make me feel dirty sometimes. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  18. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Thank you. This old man was hoping someone would mention Cowboy Bebop.
    • Like x 2
  19. MercPony Devoted Player

I don't know, most of those anime feature woman parts and being a woman I'm not really phased to it lol Just body parts I am used to seeing on myself.... now anime like Free! (an anime about a men's swim team) or Fairy Tail (which has a fair balance of fan service for everyone)... different story ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Crimson Jonni New Player

Highschool of the dead, but it was such a good series. It was supposed to have a season 2 but i think the creator was injured in the tsunami years ago so it was discontinued. So were the comic chapters, so we'll never know how it ends :(