Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Ascended Well-Known Player

I'm not sure about this, at all, but I believe the devs have said the way auras work, they can't really do 3D figures like that. I guess they could do a 2D T-Sphere but I don't think that would look very good. I think the best auras can do as far as that sort of thing is concerned is stuff like the Starro spore aura. That looks good for what it is, and they could probably do a bat swarm (like the Speed Metal back) but that's as far as it can go. For a T-Sphere we'd need a proper 3D model.

Or so I am led to believe. I'm not a programmer, this is just stuff I've heard.
  2. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm surprised HIVE Wasp wings were not considered. They look 100x better than Insectoid back. I really like the HIVE Master back piece, I'm using it on my new Quantum toon.
  4. Eve YouTuber

Meg? Can we get that Batgirl costume or something samiliar? :p
    *Stares at the outfit, mostly Gloves\Cape\Boots*
    Some love for Barbs! (Also Rebirth Huntress would be cool... though we already have a PvP Huntress style
    But It's never too much Huntress!)

[IMG][IMG]
  5. Megzilla Developer

Noted. We might not have considered it because it was too similar to Insectoid but I'll find out if its something we would consider converting to player gear.
    I'd super love to do this version of Batgirl. I put this version of her on my request list lol. The jacket is super rad and I personally like that her outfit is composed of real life clothes.
    • Like x 2
  6. Eve YouTuber

That will be Epic! Really hope we can get that style one day! The Jacket is lit!
  7. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Can we get armor that glowing in battle? If possible slimline with emblem slot, like this:

[IMG]
    Also would be nice to see enhanced versions of lantern corps emblems.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ascended Well-Known Player

Yes to all of this!

Love the idea! Full body (mostly. Yknow what I mean) reactive armor? Hell yeah I want that!

Could you have reactive gear that activates for something other than combat? Could you have gear that reacts to.....entering your movement mode? Or when using a super charge? Or when you take damage? Or successfully use a counter?

I'm really enjoying the possibilities of this reactive option. :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Exileant Well-Known Player

10. Exileant Well-Known Player

What I really came here to ask for was the for the Modular Auras, (Scorching in particular) to be added to the list for unlocking with replays.

However, I would also like to see a pretty birds head with more decorative feathers. Perhaps one that is alive.

I am sure a Dragon head has at one point been asked for. (Preferably without a cleft chin, undershot jaw, and weird living catfish whiskers.)
  11. Ascended Well-Known Player

To go along with the bird head (we do have an eagle or hawk or something in the MP) I'd kill for a ape/chimpanzee head piece.

I mean, it's comics! Comics love a good monkey and/or ape! Tons of villains and heroes are primates. I feel like this game has missed a very obvious and genre-accurate style in not giving us anything like this. Instead, we get to be Bebop and Rocksteady from the Ninja Turtles (if we want to go through the MP). It ain't right.

Alien heads are a popular request too; races like the Dominators and Gordanians and Khunds and Martians and whatever Killowog is. Lots of options there.
    • Like x 1
  12. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Does anyone else think we need a large feather boa so we can dress as *da dummm* The Creeper?[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

The ape thing I agree. So many that are literal apes that they could do a whole ape body set.
    The Gordanians and the Khund I agree, we need that head.
    There are others that i wouldn’t really need the whole head. It would be appreciated sure, but don’t need the whole thing if we get a specific piece of it.
    -a head piece that elongates the skull would be a good compromise for the Martians.
    -Bolovaxians (Kilowog’s species) I would love the snout and disproportionately large mouth, but I could settle for the tentacles things coming out of his lips.

More that I don’t really need the whole head.
    -G’hu, two long tentacles coming from the back of the skull is good.
    Naut: just an amphibious/aquatic species head piece. Don’t need the dome really.
    -Would it be creepy to have the head be one gigantic eye, like Penelops?
    -Applying material to the skin would be good. So I could be Gorin-Sunn

oh, and is it Green Man that has no nose or ears?
  14. Exileant Well-Known Player

;) Yes I know. I was meaning for them to make another one. :D The Noble bird very hard, which is great for a realistic look. I was wanting a softer more decorative version for women. Or perhaps a burning Noble bird using the flaming head animation found on the helmet that used to be available in the Events Torment Levels. :oops: I cannot remember what they were called. You were also able to get little goodies like Sunstone Scorpions.... I wanted one of those... But could never find anyone with the right combination of strength and courage to run it with me.
    o_O Anyway I have been trying to find a way to cover up the Head flaming auras Fire powers produce... (Still vote for the complete removal of it causing flaming heads period) In Serious Personality The Fire is bent forward because the head is lowered and that bothers me to the point of not using any powers that have the animation. :p If it were bent backwards I might be alright. It bothers me almost as bad as the Rocket Assisted Glide flapping wing arm pass through... I am going to keep begging for someone to fix that! I mean if you run into an invisible boundary wall, like say in Typhon's monsters the game fixes the issue for you..... as soon as you move away from the wall however.... Or remove the faster flapping animation all together so you can save data for something else. The faster speed and constant stroke rhythm will give a more Other-worldly or Celestial feel to it.

(Insert pleading *WITH DIGNITY* here)
  15. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

well Meg all 27 of my characters are horror themed. heres some halloween style ideas
    -Axe in the back style
    -Fly Head style that isnt robotic like the hero ones & has the mouth parts a fly has
    -Skeleton Skin. plzzzzz omg. basically every style would fit the same, the missing areas would be a invisible barrier. my #1 most wanted style.
    -Vampire helm (exactly the same 1 as the mounted wall)
    -Maniac hairstyle (im thinking something like Jack Torrance)
    END:

for styles not halloween:
    -a cleric style set to complete my priest character. or just add in Jericho's top & ill make it work
    -Mammoth's hairstyle im going to ask for any chance i get
    -Red Tornado's tail that can be tinted :) make my dreams come true Meg, i need a Djinn in my lineup of horror
    • Like x 1
  16. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

17. Megzilla Developer

Lots of great ideas, thanks yall. =)
  18. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

Do you think it would be possible to get Damian's style for player use?

Especially the chest/legs and the cape (Maybe even his cape without the sharp edges on the bottom)?
  19. DCUO Post Loyal Player

*CoughCough*

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Megzilla Developer

I don't think we have plans to convert his stuff to player gear especially since we just did the Red-Robin inspired gear. We haven't tackled two-sided capes yet but I'm pretty sure his cape uses the same base as the red robin set. I'll write it down though, you never know!
    • Like x 1