Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Ascended Well-Known Player

Also, you can easily make a Black Canary.....except for the jacket.

A pair of awesome boots (I like the Rave style for this) and the net leggings and you're basically there.....except for the jacket. There's a few jackets that sorta work (Gotham Outlaw being my favorite) but none of them are quite right.

Honestly, if the devs could just make Canary's leather jacket as a collection reward or something, that would be enough. I could definitely use a whole suit dedicated to DC's OG scream queen, but if we just got the jacket I'd be satisfied.
  2. Ascended Well-Known Player

Sorry for the multiple posts, I keep forgetting to include things. :( (edit: and just realized I could have edited that first post to include everything. I am dumbs tonight).

I mentioned this a while back but just remembered it;

Battle damaged gear.

What about styles with rips, tears, etc? That'd be something new.

It could be the "elite" version of a style. Like instead of having shiny, glow-y parts, instead it's missing a sleeve, has a big tear where the emblem slot should be, half the mask is ripped, the whole thing is covered in dirt, etc. I mean, who doesn't love seeing a hero (or villain) beat to crap, with their costume shredded beyond repair? It's BA. Maybe the normal version of the style has the glow-y parts and high-texture sheen, and the elite version has some of the glow-y stuff shorting out, blinking and flickering, smoking, and the high-textures are all dented, frayed, and dirty, etc?

I also think it'd be fun to see some older styles given the "authentic battle damage!" treatment (akin to the updated Batman and Flash styles, which I know isn't going to become "a thing" but am mentioning anyway). I mean, imagine that old T1 Joker gear, with one of the mask's eyes hanging out of its socket on a spring, blood on the blades, and the spider legs hanging at an angle. You want that style, right? :)
  3. Megzilla Developer

It's how the UVs are set up for the capes right now. I think it's that they share UV space for both sides instead of having 2 different UV spaces to make for 2 different colors. Velvetsanity will prob see this post and come to my rescue and explain things better lol. We just got an old crotchety system and it takes a lot of bribing and butterscotch candies to get it to come around.
    I was hoping Lobo's jacket could be a good temporary solution. No Black Canary outfit planned but hopefully with some upcoming styles we can allow for alternate and hopefully for successful mishmashing.
    I really like this idea. However to have the two states be drastically different it'd warrant a lot more work therefore a lot more value. It's something to discuss and I'm happy to bring it up.
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]

Robin Beyond costume.
  5. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Mostly I just want a back piece as this fur lining.

[IMG]

The Steel set we have in game is nowhere as sleek as this one.

[IMG]

That Helmet is just cool. We should get a style like that if not the entire thing. Add the skis too for Skimmers lol.
    [IMG]

How did we go so many DLCs without this bad boy's armor set complete with Helmet that only has eyes? Sure we have the boots and gloves but its not like e haven't received gear sets that have similar collection drops already *Looks at Furious and Miraculous gear*

[IMG]

Bane's mask

[IMG]

We need this as well.

[IMG]

That new over the shoulder cape tech can come in handy for this bad boy. Leg piece should have cloth physics.
    [IMG]

This is a cool slimline option

[IMG]

A Helmet just close enough that Toku doesn't sent their own squadron of Ultrman lawyers to your doorsteps.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. XPerfectX Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Red Hood new look will be great !
    • Like x 1
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

that actually would be interesting especially since we already have this with many cape/wing styles in the game like shroud of anubis, tattered cape, the amazon fury capes, etc. i would adore for some of the older styles to get alt looks like the brainiac stuff we had where there were two distinct versions, i would especially like to see spirit of the stag made, geometrically reciprocal...... preferably with the shoulders both having the stag's head like heart of the lion with the antlers on them facing forward like strength of the ram with the ram's horn's. [IMG]

the wow shoulder motif just never did anything for my OCD.
  8. Ascended Well-Known Player

Ah okay, I got ya. Thanks for answering that question.

If it's that much of a hassle, I'd definitely like to see time and effort put into aspects of the game that'll reap greater rewards.....but I tell you guys what, if you made a simple two-toned cape with an emblem slot, the entire community would rejoice. :)

Lobo's jacket is pretty solid for a Black Canary, my only issue with it is the bare midriff on the female body types. Nothing against women showing a little skin or anything, but that doesn't fit Canary's usual style.

It's cool though; the Gotham Outlaw is close enough to work. But I hope you keep Dinah on the list of potential Iconics to build styles around and keep her in mind in the future. She's one of DC's greatest and oldest characters, yknow? And I know you're a fan of more "real clothes" styles.....

Once again, thank you.

I dunno if its a viable idea, or how "damaged" you could make the style look v. effort involved. But I think it'd be cool and we don't really have anything in the game like that at all.

And I very much doubt this is even possible, but Im gonna toss it out there; reactive gear that has damage to the costume accumulate based on the percentage of damage you take. So as your health drops, your costume gets more damaged. I know, the effort and time that would take is probably way too extreme to even make this a consideration, but what the heck, it can't hurt to suggest it! :D
  9. Ascended Well-Known Player

10. Son1cPT Well-Known Player

New body styles and a good hair style for my sonic ;)
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

You can already create a reasonably good facsimile in the game, you just have to have the right styles. ;)
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And here's a ready-made tutorial for you, courtesy of YouTube!

Only thing I would do different is to use the Energy Armor Head Style for his cowl and set the color as Pure Black (Hex Code 000000.)
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Yeaaaaa but there are some details that the entire suit has that can't be replicated.
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

True, but you can get a lot closer than you might think. And like most of us, you'll probably have to settle for "close enough" which can still be a lot closer than you're thinking it will be.

Let me give you a perfect example. A couple years back, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was the big summer flick in the theaters. Store shelves/hooks were full of action figures from the movie, including lots of "inspired by" figures of Superman and Batman featuring alternate costumes never seen before in any of the movies, comics, TV shows, or video games. Usually, I skip right past those figures as crap. But there was one that really caught my eye...

Knight Glider Batman:

[IMG]

[IMG]

That's the only figure from that line of movie figures that I own. It has this vibe like "this could be Batman's successor from the future, with a high-tech, armored flight suit". Maybe the guy after Terry "Batman Beyond' McGuiness or something.

So, earlier this year, when DCUO Members were given for free the updated 2018 version of the Dark Specter Batsuit, I knew the time was right to make my own Batman-Inspired hero. It took a little time and planning, some gameplay and good old-fashioned trading with other players to get the right styles, and even custom-making my own color hex code to get just that right shade of blue-gray, but now, here he is, Knight Glider Batman (or Glider Knight as I had to name him, 'cuz several variations on the other name were already taken):

[IMG]

So, okay, he's not 100% identical in every last detail, for instance, he doesn't have that "strap o' pouches" on his leg that looks like it's right out of the oh so Xtreme 1990s, but that's because there really aren't ANY leg styles in the game that have that! And sure, the Dark Specter Batsuit wings look noticeably different than the figure's wings, but in a GOOD way, that looks more like what Batman would actually put on a suit, anyway. But other than that, I've got his look as close as it can get to that figure's Batsuit, and it's so close that people can instantly recognize it as being Knight Glider Batman. So "close enough" doesn't have to be a bad thing. ;)

Bottom line, this game already gives you a BOATLOAD of options to work with to create your characters' costumes. What you do with those options is up to you. But you don't have to wait to make a Midnighter that's recognizable as the Midnighter! ;)

This thread was created for us to suggest options that just aren't in the game at all, options that the Devs might decide "hey, that makes sense to add". And they've already added some options based on our suggestions! :D

But here's the problems associated with Midnighter:

1) Styles already exist in the game via which you can make a version that's "close enough", so the Devs might not want to add MORE options that are similar to ones already in the game.

2) Since he's from the Wildstorm Universe, there's kind of a legal gray area in regards to character rights here. Even though DC now owns Wildstorm, Daybreak Games still might not have been given the rights to use the Wildstorm characters or their likenesses in this game.
  15. Rabid Batman New Player

I don't know which thread would be appropriate for this suggestion.

But I would like to see customizable disks for the skimming travel power.
    I would even change travel modes on a few characters if I could match their power set, ie earth using floating rocks, water on a wave, gadgets on some type of machine, etc.
    • Like x 1
  16. Rusty Metal Active Player

For the other travel powers, perhaps some type of trail system, ie superspeed and flight leaving a streak afterimage or a glowing line on the ground. Acrobatics could expand on the assisted glide with a jet stream.
  17. recoil2 Dedicated Player

it would be neat if we could get some alt forms for travel forms, i know it's dc and all but that still doesn't mean i like the wonder woman/super man travel position, it's just slow and not very controlled unlike say skimming. i wouldn't mind seeing something more like onslaught's levitation from marvel where he just stays upright and tilts forward a bit like a ghost.
  18. Belthazur Dedicated Player

So Just a few things i would LOVE to see as Style pieces:
    Superboy's S Leather Jacket
    Superboys S T-Shirt
    and a Death of Superman Armband
  19. Captain Wonder Active Player

How about new skins like Vampire, alien, feathers. Also would like some torn outfits, necklaces, animal costumes.
    • Like x 1
  20. VillNess Well-Known Player

Hey, I remember years ago during some Dev Twitch stream them talking about how they were gonna add Sinestro's body type for the players but they had to scrap the idea because PS3 didn't have enough RAM. So now that PS3 is no more, is there any chance for us getting the Sinestro body type?
    • Like x 1