Tell us what Base items you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

And the wall mounted round wooden clock you can see just as you enter shadowlands and in Metropolis City Hall. Something to replace that "neon diner" clock they give you when you create a new character. A microphone hanging from the ceiling, like the bare lightbulb you currently have, but with a microphone such as you might see over a stage. For that matter, a floor mounted microphone on a stand would be nice too. To go with the speakers currently available. (I have a Bar/Restaurant/Nightclub base...such items would go well.)
  2. HEALER35 Well-Known Player

I would like to have some thunder and lightning clouds for my electric toon for the ceiling in my base.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

More lair sized versions of base items, ie. giant versions that still can fit in a base.

Iron Vine Divider - Lair
    Underworld Column - Lair
    Gorgon Altar (Aflame) - Lair
    Massive Bone Tusk - Lair
    Massive Ceiling Tusk - Lair
    Blue Cathedral Window - Lair
    Kryptonian Half-Arch - Lair
    Art Deco Column - Lair
    Red Mystical Ceiling Scroll - Lair
    Blue Mystical Ceiling Scroll - Lair
    Olympian Freestanding Wall - Lair
    Stone Wall Gate - Lair
    Stone Wall - Lair
    Large Stone Arch - Lair
    Palatial Archway - Lair
    Kryptonian Floor Seal - Lair
    Antique Statue Pedestal - Lair
    Purple Crystal Pedestal - Lair
    Orange Crystal Pedestal - Lair
    Ivy Cluster - Lair
    Sidescuttle - Lair
    Skull Artefact Replica - Lair

....to name a few.
    • Like x 2
  4. Davenport Committed Player

How about a joke treasure chest, like the joke briefing item? Except instead of having it run around, have it do something else when someone attacks it.
  5. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

how about cubicle walls like there are in the police stations? I want to do an office but the standard and luxurious room dividers don't really fit the situation
  6. Eve YouTuber

wrong thread, oops.

Mepps if you can delete that message.
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Here's some suggestions.

Energy Door way from Oan Sciencells.
    [IMG]

What I'd like to see:
    • Make this come in two different sizes, League Hall Size and Normal Size for Lairs.
    • Make it tintable and not color locked.
    • Let it display the emblem we are currently using for our lair.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Lantern themed doors or gates.
    Make this tintable as well.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Windows with the view of Oan it's self.

• Sidenote if this can be tintable that would be cool, or if you could do it with the view of Qward or Zamaron that would be great too.
    • Like x 1
  8. GrimmwoodBlack Well-Known Player

I would love to see more inter active base items.
  9. Davenport Committed Player

I'd still like to see the reasonably sized power batteries you can find in the City Hall duo, and the Larfleeze Christmas event, available for bases. Sure, we've got charging console, but that's not enough.
  10. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.701961)][COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.701961)]and not mention i love the interactive base items hope we can get more for our base and halls[/COLOR] like a sofa you can sit on , bed you can lay on, glass you can drink from, food you can eat[/COLOR]
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Xmas neon lights themed around various superheroes and their powers, for wall. If you really want to continue the DC superhero theme at Xmas without Xmas trees.

Wonder Woman and lasso Xmas neon lights
    Superman smiling with thumbs up Xmas neon lights
    Batman throwing a Batarang Xmas neon lights
    Aqua man with Tidal Wave Xmas neon lights

........and so on.......
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

This isn’t *quite* within the scope of the thread, but I’d love to see new lair/league hall themes...particularly Oa, Zamaron, etc ones. Of course, there would have to be a complete set of themed items for each...
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I would love some Brainiac themed base items. I know the devs feel we have a lot of Brainiac in the game, but if there's one area of Brainiac-related art that remains untouched its base items.

Lots can be done here. Computers, Brainiac force fields, runes, some Avatar statues. Maybe a Brainiac base theme?
    • Like x 1
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Can we get more Kryptonian items in the game?

Alot of the ones that were available were locked behind SM, and seeing how as SM's unlikely to come back; I'd like to see more.
  15. Pinky Well-Known Player

Hi, I would like to see the existing Christmas Orange Lantern themed objects in the game world being remade into base items please.

Specifically, I would like the following made into base items:

1) Orange Lantern Shield Generator
    [IMG]

2) Orange Lantern Battery (both Large and Small sized versions please)
    [IMG]

3)
    a) Orange Lantern Christmas Tree - version A
    b) Orange Lantern Wrapped Present
    c) Orange Lantern Icy Snow Man
    [IMG]

4) Orange Lantern Christmas Tree - version B
    [IMG]

5) Orange Lantern Behemoth Statue
    [IMG]

6) Orange Lantern Snow Man
    [IMG]
  16. Pinky Well-Known Player

Sorry, I missed out this one as well:

7) Orange Lantern Light-encased Present
    [IMG]
  17. IcyStone Well-Known Player

I would like to have textures that cover all the area of an wall, floor or ceiling at same time instead of the real pain of farming the same item infinite times
  18. The Whitewalker New Player

Just something I posted on another thread.

Many players have alternate characters on their accounts, but through my time playing I've noticed that these Alts cannot share a base. Players can set permission for other characters to move and use base items, so why not set an option where characters on the same account can place, or use an armoury within another characters base?

This will enable players to display multiple alt costumes in one place giving the effect of a shared 'Team' base, such as in arrow or flash. With bases being limited to only being able to hold four armouries this would not impact league halls, and you cannot display characters costumes there anyway. Speaking of which, how about an option where league halls can display a picture, or small shelf statue of league members beyond the large feat based statues?

Now, I know you're probably thinking 'but then players would buy less bases'. Not the case.

Say your account has four characters for example. you've created four builds per character (2 PVE - 1 dps, 1 support, and 2 PVP - 1 dps, 1 Support) - so 16 builds in total. A base can only hold four armouries, and each alternate character you've created gets a free base once levelled correctly. Giving you four bases. If you stuck to four builds per Alt you would still only need four bases whether the builds are spread across the multiple characters bases, or have all that character's builds in their own base. For example, you could have a PVE dps base, PVE Support base, and the same for PVP, or you could have all four builds for that character in their own base, you would still only need the four free bases. Plus, you would still have to buy the extra three armouries per character to store the extra builds in. So there would be no loss of revenue. Additionally, builds would be bound to the character that created them, as is the case now, preventing one of your characters equipping another characters build in a shared base.

I know, it doesn't create revenue either. Well, I have thought about that too.

I've found the generators are a bit restricted. At present there really isn't much reason to buy extra deeds beyond storage. You can only equip four accessible builds into a generator at any one time, regardless of how many bases and armoury builds you have.

One way around this would be to allow users to set different generators builds at their other bases for that character. Allowing the creation of a further six accessible builds. After all, there are 10 numerical keys 0-9. Console gamers could set hot key access through button combos such a R2+X for numbers 5+ etc. This could effectively increase deed sales as you could have access to a possible 10 builds per character without having to swap them over in the generator in order to use them. This would allow users to create a 'home' lair containing 'civilian' armoury builds, and 'base' lairs containing your PVE/PVP or team builds. That way you could be out in Gotham, or Metropolis, just killing time in civvies and at the press of a button still have access to your costume builds.

Now, I know this would create issues with having to jump to multiple bases to equip new gear onto builds. How about when equipping you have options such as 'equip to this build only', or 'equip to all builds for this character'.

Also, why do base amenities have restricted placement, why can we not free place them like other base items? This makes it difficult when you're giving certain base levels a specific feel. For example, you want a level to have a dojo feel, but you have to place your respec module the opposite side of the area to your training manikin rather than next to it, leaving the area feeling disjointed. Or you can't place you broker and safe modules next to each other. R&D vendor and R&D station are another. Why can't we group these items together enabling us to create more cohesive layouts?

In essence, these changes would allow players to display multiple genders, species and costumes (of characters only belonging to that account) in a 'team base' style environment. such as in Arrow. Allow greater build accessibility, encouraging players to buy more deeds. Enable leagues to display their membership visually, and allow greater flexibility and individuality in base layout design.

You could make some of these features, such as amenity placement, generator enhancement and shared base armoury display a Membership only option, encouraging more people to buy for memberships.

Obviously, I'm not a coder so just an idea, feedback appreciated.
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Maybe the anniversary event will deliver? :)
  20. MistahMartini New Player