Supergirl Show [Thoughts & Views]

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Magician, Oct 26, 2015.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yes, yes it was

Hmmm, so they are going away from the 'Uncle' & 'Niece' angle and heading straight into 'interracial mates'? o_O
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Mister Mixer Spittle Ick looks like trash, they didn't even try and get him looking like he should? Absolutely nothing is correct about him!

Still waiting for the Big Reveal concerning 'Mon El', like, he's really the Daxamite Princess in hiding and there is a huge bounty to return her for a pre-arranged marriage to Darkseid
    • Like x 1
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Hoping Leena isn't playing a long game with Kara, for one thing, that would indicate she knew who Kara was from the beginning, and secondly, it would be such a cheap and lazy cop-out, "oh, she really is just another evil Luthor, lock her up and melt the key!"
    • Like x 1
  4. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

love supergirl...really...comic ink made flesh...dont even mean that in a sexy way...thought the same thing when I saw the actor playing the Daily Bugles head J Jonah Jameson in the Tobey Spiderman movie...tell me they did not "Nail It"!!!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Having said that..I hate everything else..really... the story..the characters...she is nothing like the comics..I watch Arrow and Flash and could not complete the alien story because I would watch Sgirl for 3 mins and turn it off
    • Like x 2
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

The last episode was okay but the Valentine's episode was atrocious. I mean I get being in the CW there has to be drama but seriously the part with Alex and Maggie was just.....:rolleyes:. I mean they're both grown adult women but Maggie having an issue with Valentine's due to her past does not talk about it and instead storms out like a child but of course she eventually tells Alex in the end but still. The whole scene where Maggie has a fit and storms off, I imagine.......
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

So the latest episode was entertaining with the Alex centric episode but the show continues to have some cringe worthy moments and this time it's from the lead actress. First, in order to let other aliens be aware that Cadmus are abducting aliens she tries to write a story on it but Snapper asks for her sources. So she says it was Supergirl and goes to him as Supergirl for an interview and the entire time she's standing in her superhero stance...
    [IMG]
    I mean come on, in Superman the movie when Clark was interviewed by Lois he was natural and did not stand like a cheesy cutout. And then afterward when Snapper tells Kara Supergirl didn't give him enough to be considered a good source and tells her to forget about the story, she follows Lena Luthor's advice about writing the story in a blog and she does that using the Web address Danvers.com, :confused:, and rightly gets fired when Snapper finds out about it for conflict of interest.

Based on the promo and the title of the next episode "Starcrossed" it seems they may be quasi adapting the same episode from the animated Justice League show
    • Like x 1
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That whole episode with Mix Her Spittle Ick! was rubbish!!! Why did they turn the lovable green pixie into an Abercrombie & Fitch reject? Is Dinkleberry the only little person left in showbusiness? Did they feel viewers would be turned off by having the real vertically-challenged Mixxie hit on Soupgirl?
    • Like x 1
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Well I was so far behind on the show I was avoiding looking/posting in this thread, plus I was avoiding talking about the Alex thing.

Subsequently I did not post my thoughts on the aliens looking for Mon El. Basically I had the right idea, it was easily noticeable that the aliens were Daxamites but when they first appeared in the Dominator crossover I was thinking they were after Mon El because they blamed with for the death of the prince. That thought changed with the slave planet episode with how the Dominator bowed to him, he obviously lied about his place among the Daxamites.

I had a few theories as to why they were looking for him but those, at least from the preview, seems to be wrong. It looks like its a family reunion thing but I doubt it will be a happy one for anybody (Earth included) except his parents.

It's nice to see they are brining in another TV/movie Superman family member, Terry Hatcher and it looks like she finally get to be a super.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I believe that was more to do with character quirks, she was worried about being recognized by Snapper so she was doing her best not act like her true self of Kara, the dorky girl. This was also done the first time she talked to Cat as Supergirl, it seems to be a habit that she does when facing people who know her as Kara. Not saying it isn't cheesy but I think that's why they keep having her do it in those situations or at all.

I found it quite ironic in Snappers firing speech to her that was obviously meant to be a slight on a certain new elected leader, with the "electing a fascist" line, it in turns tells how the majority of the so called media don't do what they are suppose to do. Sorry for political stuff but I had to say it.
    • Like x 1
  10. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

If you mean trump say trump...btw..hard to ignore the danger of that peculiar brand of idiocy..not sure how ignoring it is supposed to help "the media" gain cred in any way...also very tired of hearing the old "media doesnt understand middle america" crap...more than half of radio is insane right wing white guys screeching into mics...fox news manipulates and even hides news that put the right wing in any bad light and overemphasizes street crime while ignoring economy crippling white collar crime...for every reader of real news there is a chemtrail fanatic who only reads brietbart...in an age when the latest Zika virus might be as deadly as initial AIDS and perhaps as easy to get as this seasons flu Anti-Vaxxers are running amok because they read a meme on facebook and therefore know much much more than chumps with pediatric medical degrees who are trying to save children from plague...it seems to me the marching morons are extremely well represented by any and all media and to say otherwise is foolish...plus...what is it with the duck people...sheesh...
    • Like x 1
  11. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Hard to keep away from it since the showrunners put so much of it into their shows. Just the latest episode with the "make Daxam great again"-line made it even clearer who they are targetting with their political criticism in their shows.
    • Like x 1
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

So, Kazza got fired from a job she loved (but was basically handcuffed from telling half of her stories), so, what's to stop her from continuing her blog? But seriously? She posted it from "danvers.com" and was surprised she got caught? o_O

Still hoping that what ever angle Leena is pulling isn't too evil. We kinda know she isn't working with her mother, and she doesn't know that Kazza is Soupgirl, but she is still up to something
    • Like x 2
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

So the latest episode which was supposed to be the crossover with the Flash, lol. Ankh and Titan were spot on with the show having their own agenda with making DAXAMITE GREAT AGAIN :rolleyes:. As for the episode, it was alright. Nice nod by copying Man of Steel Zod's communication to the world but I kind of felt Kara was sort of on the wrong this episode. First, she went on the offensive against the Daxamite spaceship when clearly they gave a warning shot but why was everyone worried when she was entrapped in a bubble and falling? She can survive that. Second, I kind of understand why the Daxamite queen said that Kryptonians acted all high and mighty because Kara was acting like that towards them. And it's funny because I guess when they mean crossover, it means the last 5 mins of the show, lol
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Kazza being racist towards Daxamite's and attacking on sight? Sounds about par for the course
    • Like x 1
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Did Toymaker 2.0 really mention She-Hulk? o_O
    And no one picked that up during editing?!?!?!
    • Like x 1
  16. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Spoilers?

LOIS LANE KILLS HERCULES!!!!!

That's all :p
    • Like x 1
  17. Anothername Well-Known Player

What a massively missed chance. All that talk about bounty and headhunters. If anyone from the SG team for whatever reasons reads this: You know you want him :p

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Exactly as Anothername said. Such a missed opportunity with Rhea putting a bounty on Kara and they don't include The Main Man? But damn, Rhea is cold as ice and could go toe to toe with Supergirl. Also what was the point with the whole Alex, trying to have her and Maggie have dinner with her Maggie's ex? No one does that :rolleyes:. Also did anyone catch Mon-El's green and black striped shirt? He was looking like Marvel's Sandman :p

[IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Ereez Well-Known Player

Only just had a chance to start watching the newer DC tv shows. Supergirl was ok I guess, the first series was a little slow and I wasn't that into it but I decided to continue it and give it a chance. Second series was more enjoyable, i'd say its worth watching but it didn't blow me away or anything. Just finished the 1st series of the flash last night, that was much better if you ask me. I still need to watch arrow though and see what I think of it, plus I heard Constantine makes an appearance in arrow and I loved that show lol
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Not only did Mon-boy look like Sandman, but SupperGirl looked like Wally (as in "Where's Wally?")

Wow! SupperGirl really isn't very likable, is she? She is the epitome of selfishness and 'spoilt brat': she always has to get her way, and throws a tantrum if she doesn't!

Okay, so what exactly is the FemPres? Does anyone know what planet she comes from? And why she was forced to leave? o_O
    • Like x 1